Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 4.3 - basic charging scheduling

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After upgrading to 4.3, the heat and a/c no longer work correctly. They appear to work, but the heater blows out cold air and the a/c hardly blows any air at all --even manually setting the fan to 11. They were perfect for me in 4.2. The charging timer and the seat heaters work correctly.

I haven't had that problem, but I have been changing the temp settings 4-5 cooler with 4.3 to keep a comfortable temp compared to 4.2.

I haven't had that problem, but I have been changing the temp settings 4-5 cooler with 4.3 to keep a comfortable temp compared to 4.2.

Yes, just noticed the same today. The air flow seemed a bit anemic too with Auto A/C when it should have been blasting given the temp in the car (maybe, 75 degrees or so) and the setting I chose (67).

one thing i've noticed about the latest firmware and hvac is that it seems to like it better when i keep the vent selection on auto. it routes the a/c to the dash vents and not the feet (cold air sinking) and the heat to the floor vents and not the dash (hot air rising), which all seems to make sense and the blowers seem to have more power when only going to one vent area... fwiw. i used to manually select both vents normally, but lately i've kept it on auto and it does manage it better...

and, yes, the temperature setting seems much closer to reality, i am now usually around 70/71F, whereas pre 4.3 i'd have to be closer to 78 to feel comfortable.

I encountered my first "issue" with 4.3 when using the scheduled charging feature. Before I leave for a road trip, I may want to perform a max range charge. Previously, I could just use the mobile app to switch the car to max range mode and the car would start charging immediately. This was very useful to prep the car an hour or so before leaving on a trip.

With 4.3 if I have completed a "scheduled" standard charge the night before, this no longer works. If I use the mobile app to enable max range mode, the car will not start charging, nor is there a start charging button. If you go to the touch screen in the car, there is also no way to restart charging in max range mode. Instead, you have to physically disconnect and reconnect the cable to "reset" the charge screen, and then you can start charging via the touchscreen.

I encountered my first "issue" with 4.3 when using the scheduled charging feature. Before I leave for a road trip, I may want to perform a max range charge. Previously, I could just use the mobile app to switch the car to max range mode and the car would start charging immediately. This was very useful to prep the car an hour or so before leaving on a trip.

With 4.3 if I have completed a "scheduled" standard charge the night before, this no longer works. If I use the mobile app to enable max range mode, the car will not start charging, nor is there a start charging button. If you go to the touch screen in the car, there is also no way to restart charging in max range mode. Instead, you have to physically disconnect and reconnect the cable to "reset" the charge screen, and then you can start charging via the touchscreen.

This used to happen before 4.3 sometimes too. It's pissed me off enough that I think I'm going to add a new function on my charge monitor app that will stop the standard charge 5 minutes short of completion, just so that it avoids the "Charge Complete" state and will be easier to warm up in the morning or extend to max range if required.

This used to happen before 4.3 sometimes too. It's pissed me off enough that I think I'm going to add a new function on my charge monitor app that will stop the standard charge 5 minutes short of completion, just so that it avoids the "Charge Complete" state and will be easier to warm up in the morning or extend to max range if required.

I could have sworn this used to work. I think you may be right that there was never a "start charging" button available when it says "charge complete" in the app or in the vehicle. But I believe switching to "max range" would start charging the vehicle even if charging was complete. In 4.3, switching to "max range" more than six hours past my scheduled start time of 12:05am, will not start charging and there is no way to override via the app or touchscreen.

Yes, just noticed the same today. The air flow seemed a bit anemic too with Auto A/C when it should have been blasting given the temp in the car (maybe, 75 degrees or so) and the setting I chose (67).

I noticed this yesterday. It was sitting out in the sun, and I had the air set so that it should have been going full blast on v4.2. However, with 4.3, it was barely on. At least it was on, but I couldn't get it to go any higher.

Also, didn't the fan speed go to 11 before? Now it just goes to 8.

All other functions are working great. Love, love, love that scheduled charging. Plug it in, and forget about it.

------------------
So it turned out the reason my fan speed wasn't going to 8 was because I forgot that I put the car in range mode the day before. Der!! When in range mode the auto-climate settings shows "eco-mode" or something like that, and I hadn't noticed that before. Cool.

Last edited:
I received the update yesterday (was in Canada over the weekend so not sure if they tried to push it earlier since no 3G), VIN 6669. I don't know if it is because everyone is saying that the heating is working better but on the drive today it does seem to be working better. Also my wheels are finally correct (and it actually corrected them on the app as well).

lol.

well, technically, no, the op asked for vins above him, 5467, so it's for about 1533 to post... :)

to try to be somewhat helpful, though, @op, the firmware rollouts do not necessarily go in vin sequential order, they are also grouped geographically, and sometimes more needy areas (e.g.. cold climates, etc) are pushed preferentially depending on the changes.

don't forget, too, they paused the rollout on this one early on to troubleshoot a possible incompatibility..

VIN 5492 no upgrade yet. I do not need the upgrade for scheduled charging because my charger (blink) has that option but I would like to decrease the monster loss (as some posts suggest with the 4.3). On my daily routine drive to train station and back (on my way to work) I use regarding my left screen on the instrument panel "from last charging" 6.5 kWh (for 20 miles) and my charger shows me every day 12.5 kWh. That 6 kWh in 24 hours is a lot of wasted energy for battery loss and providing energy to all electrical consumers in the car during 23.5 hours of the car just parked.
Peter