Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 5.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anybody know what the torque improvements are for creep mode? I'd not noticed any issues with it, but I have always wondered, when the car is stationary and held with the brake, is the creep off, or does is fight with the brake as an ICE car would? Much like knowing if the fridge light goes off when you close the door, except that's easy to test :)
I've felt some surging at very low speeds - basically dragging the brake. Once the car comes to a stop it will stop "fighting" and save power (unlike an ICE) but there was some work to be done on the programming right up to the point of power being shut off. Honestly I hadn't even complained to Tesla about it as it wasn't that bothersome but apparently someone noticed and they fixed it. Glad to hear.

I wonder if this changes anything for when Creep is Off like I prefer to have... With Creep Off, quite often (but not always), even after I come to a complete stop by applying the brakes, if I let go of the brake pedal, the car still tries to crawl forward very slowly, almost as if there's some residual momentum in the motor.

I wonder if this changes anything for when Creep is Off like I prefer to have... With Creep Off, quite often (but not always), even after I come to a complete stop by applying the brakes, if I let go of the brake pedal, the car still tries to crawl forward very slowly, almost as if there's some residual momentum in the motor.

I've never had this issue with creep off.

I've never had this issue with creep off.

There's some sort of small momentum even with creep off. Example: On my level driveway, if I am going forward slowly (showing 0 mph) and then I switch it to R without pressing the brake, it will stop and reverse very slowly. If I switch back to D without pressing the brake it stops and goes forward slowly. I went forward and back a few times to test it.

This IS the Holy Grail of updates. I can't wait to get it. It hit everything remaining on my list:
- Sleep mode returns!
- Screen cleaning
- Map orientation to direction of travel
Etc.

Literally the car keeps getting better. Meanwhile, my 2009 Lexus has the same outdated buttons and controls that were designed for the car in 2006.

Literally the car keeps getting better.

I wonder how many manufacturers will emulate TM method of updating firmware in the future. Simply brilliant. I can have a car with new features. Love it!

- - - Updated - - -

Would be nice if car didn't sleep until 4.5 hours after driving. Normal work day you wouldn't deal with sleep, over night and time at the airport would safe a bunch of energy.

I would like a slection that allows me to select "sleep" now.

I would like a slection that allows me to select "sleep" now.

Over the last 9 hours, my charge has held steady, unplugged, at exactly 221 miles. Not a single mile of loss since the time I parked until I work up this morning.

I love this, though I wish it was an option. It took me about 2 minutes to connect. This may be due to where the car is parked (underground garage). Also, last night the connection was pretty quick. I wonder if there is a built in delay before going into sleep mode. Either way, it would be great to have a setting for this: Go to sleep instantly, after 1 hour, etc.

It is odd when no other navigation platform I've used handles it in this fashion. Even the cluster orients labels correctly.

I have no issue reading upside down but it does take longer for my brain to process. I hope they address this in a future release.

I'll wait to see it in action before I pass final judgment.
I believe I heard/read on either this site or TM that you had the option to use the old mapping display or the new one AND that you had option of using 'satelite' mode when the car wants to use the night time mode.

Can anyone else confirm this?

I believe I heard/read on either this site or TM that you had the option to use the old mapping display or the new one AND that you had option of using 'satelite' mode when the car wants to use the night time mode.

Can anyone else confirm this?
That appears to be correct. There is a little button on the top that says "N" (or something like that. I'm just waking up and haven't played with my new toy this morning). This button releases the nav screen from the locked position and switches the orientation immediately to the direction you are heading. You can then pinch and twist the screen to any direction you want. You push a similar button to bring it back to the old display.

I love this, though I wish it was an option. It took me about 2 minutes to connect.
Maybe TM can add an option to learn, or manually set, when your normal access the car remotely (leave the house morning, leave work in the evening) and wake up before that time each day for a window of time. It might mean an hour less sleep time each day, but much of the daily remote access would be as fast as before.

Maybe TM can add an option to learn, or manually set, when your normal access the car remotely (leave the house morning, leave work in the evening) and wake up before that time each day for a window of time. It might mean an hour less sleep time each day, but much of the daily remote access would be as fast as before.

Would be nice, but overall vampire loss to a minimum is great! I can deal with slower app hook up by planning properly.

That appears to be correct. There is a little button on the top that says "N" (or something like that. I'm just waking up and haven't played with my new toy this morning). This button releases the nav screen from the locked position and switches the orientation immediately to the direction you are heading. You can then pinch and twist the screen to any direction you want. You push a similar button to bring it back to the old display.

Wait, you didn't sleep in the car??? I'm appalled!

I second the idea that sleep mode should be optional. For me, I only care about vampire drain when the car is plugged in. When my car is plugged in, I'm not going to use it for probably 10 hours, so any vampire drain is straight wasted energy. I don't mind wasting some energy to have the car ready to roll immediately during the day. For example, running errands at 5 different places where you're in and out in just a few minutes. I usually use the app to leave the AC running the whole time I'm inside the store. Hopefully there's a 10-15min delay before sleep mode engages, at a minimum.