Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 5.12

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
5.12 (1.64.38) Today while parked in the garage I was making a change to the AC when the touchscreen went black & required a reboot, for the last 2 weeks my car is awake 95% of the time when I check with the mobile app, I called HQ to report the issue & they said someone from my service center would contact me in a few hours, its been 5 days & still waiting for a call.

5.12 (1.64.38) Today while parked in the garage I was making a change to the AC when the touchscreen went black & required a reboot, for the last 2 weeks my car is awake 95% of the time when I check with the mobile app, I called HQ to report the issue & they said someone from my service center would contact me in a few hours, its been 5 days & still waiting for a call.

I've had this issue intermittently with 5.12 (.22). Staying awake for longer than needed or waking to soon before the 12 V actually needs to be charged. I ended up doing a long press hard reboot (hold the scroll wheels for 40 s until both screens go dark) and it seems to be working better now.

I've had this issue intermittently with 5.12 (.22). Staying awake for longer than needed or waking to soon before the 12 V actually needs to be charged. I ended up doing a long press hard reboot (hold the scroll wheels for 40 s until both screens go dark) and it seems to be working better now.

Its funny you mention that, I ended up rebooting twice yesterday, once holding down down for roughly 15 seconds & then another around 40 seconds & since last night the car has ben sleeping better, I didn't realize there was a difference in reboots, fun times with 5.12.

I was updated about 3 weeks ago. And from 5.9 to 5.11 and then alst week to 5.12. Sense it was updated the home link moduel has not worked, and is very intermittent. Is any one else still havong this problem?

Oddly enough our Homelink has been intermittent since waay back (not even sure anymore when it started, could even have been v4.0); but since we got v5.12 it works every single time both to close and to open the garage door.

Frustrating - reboots required daily? 5.12 v 1.64.26

in the past 2 weeks i've had to reboot pretty much on a daily basis. sometimes more than once a day. basically i open the door and the center console screen is completely black/blank. i *think* the controls may still be there because i press the lower center where climate on/off is and it worked one time. but the screen itself is blank.

so i reboot, and it comes on in about a minute. 50% of the time, it gets hung up right after reboot and then randomly reboots on its own about 10-15 seconds later, turning off the climate control and showing the Tesla T again.

it's starting to get very annoying and frustrating. yesterday we were at a friends house and i had to do this THREE times just backing out of their driveway. the first two times, a red bar saying "Navigation system needs service" would appear temporarily and then go away, but then the screen would blank out again and then reboot. on the third try, there was no red bar and we drove home.

just wondering if anyone else has experienced daily reboots? we have been on 5.12 ver 1.64.26 for about 6 weeks.

5.12 has been buggy for many, your post will probably get moved to this thread Firmware 5.12 - Page 26

Go to your service center & have them install 5.12 (1.64.38), it appears to have fewer issues.

Recently I learned that there were 2 different reboots, pushing in the 2 scroll wheels for 40 seconds fixed a problem that the regular 15 second scroll wheel hold reboot wasn't, you might want to try that even though I highly recommend the newer firmware.

Oddly enough our Homelink has been intermittent since waay back (not even sure anymore when it started, could even have been v4.0); but since we got v5.12 it works every single time both to close and to open the garage door.
I have the opposite experience, I.e. The same as ProjectMM. I'm not entirely sure when it started but I believe after leaving 5.9. My home link became very hit and miss. Sometimes takes me multiple attempts.

I've noticed that my vampire losses are a bit higher recently, and that often times the mobile app is connecting quickly, indicating the car isn't sleeping at the normal times it used to (i.e. after being parked at work for several hours).

I made sure the display sleep settings were correct, which they were. I had to reboot the center console yesterday to fix volume/muting issue but not sure if that's alleviated the issue thus far.. if not I may try the long-press reboot too... that's a new one to me.