Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 5.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got 5.6 from SC a few days ago, First 12 hour check I lost 4miles. Rebooted 17" and ever since the loss is about 1 mile/12 hours.
Great point. I have figured one should always do a reboot after any update. Those who aren't yet seeing drastically improved sleep vampire loss with 5.6, have you rebooted since the update?

It took reboots to shake out other features in the past. It makes sense it would be the case for the sleep feature.

I got the 5.6 update last week. So far so good. The wi-fi connectivity is nice to have. Certainly seems faster than via 3G. The sleep mode works well, doesn't take long to awake and there's an improvement in "vampire loss" as a result. I haven't run into any other problems so far.

Well what about those of us who live in a state where you can't even buy the service plan at all? Much less prepaid...

Ok, fair point. FL and WA residents get a pass then. Let the randomness continue for all of you. :wink: How about everyone else?

- - - Updated - - -

Now my car stopped using shore power for preheating :( Watching my battery drop like a rock.

You've obviously got a problem. Would call Tesla immediately on this. Something is definitely not right.

Wifi:

I just got 5.6 a couple of days ago and tested my Karma 4g hotspot:
Karma | The Pay-As-You-Go Mobile Wi-Fi Provider

The Karma has a "portal" page where you login/password before internet access. The Tesla seemed not able to deal with it. In fact, it locked out going back to 3g. I was close to our Austin service center so I dropped in. Got very prompt attention! However, no joy. The fix, at present, is to not use a hotspot with a portal page and reboot the Tesla if you do attempt it.

Just preheated mine this morning and it used shore power. I'm certain of it. I have 255 miles and 100% reporting in the stats when I drove out this morning and I pre-heated for 20some minutes. clicked it on twice because i feel back to sleep.

Ok, fair point. FL and WA residents get a pass then. Let the randomness continue for all of you. :wink: How about everyone else?

How about Sigs first? Or early VINs? Or folks with more than one Tesla? Or people who own TSLA? Or 85s before 60s? I can think of a whole bunch of reasons why different people might "deserve" to be first in line for updates but in the total scheme of things it's not going to make much difference.

P.S. No update here yet. :-(

Maybe you should change your handle to SFORabbit?

I thought the turtle always won against the hare?

- - - Updated - - -

How about Sigs first? Or early VINs? Or folks with more than one Tesla? Or people who own TSLA? Or 85s before 60s? I can think of a whole bunch of reasons why different people might "deserve" to be first in line for updates but in the total scheme of things it's not going to make much difference.

P.S. No update here yet. :-(

Sorry, IMHO I don't think those should trump people who have pre-paid for service. I agree it's not going to make a whole helluva lot of difference in the end (a few weeks perhaps), but randomness seems an odd way of doing this. Don't think it will make much difference after this update with wi-fi. I'll just stop by the service center on the way to or from the office to get the next push if there's much of a wait.

I'd love to have pre-paid service; tried to buy it, no deal, and was promised a pro-rata refund on my fully paid service when it does become available. See nothing comes out really fair and the point I was making is that there'll always be a group that feels it's unfair if someone else is prioritized; random is the safe way to go. Once we all have WiFi it becomes a moot point in any case.

Rebooted all the screens again. Will try it again tonight, see if doing it all again makes a difference. I also disabled and re-enabled the energy saver mode, so will report back in the morning. I did not drive very far today, only about 30 miles total, so top off will be quick, and will see what happens.

Received mine yesterday as well. Two things stand out:

1. On the pano roof, the 15% setting was eliminated. I think that was a bad call. 15% was perfect for keeping the car cool on hot days while parked. 20% opens it too far and 12% doesn't create any airflow.

2. The north-is-up setting should either be on a separate button or in the settings screen. Every time you touch the map screen to pan, shrink, or expand it goes into goofy mode rather than staying at north-is-up. It's really a pain to use.

Everything else seems fine.