Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 5.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The car appears to be going to sleep since I see the dash doing its ~11 second wake up, and Visual Tesla gives me the sleep warning if I open that app while the car is sleeping. I did try rebooting both screens when we returned from the trip yesterday.

In addition to rebooting the screens, you may want to try pulling the screen/3G connection fuse. Not sure what if it'll help, but it's worth a shot. Let us know if and how you manage to fix it.

I wonder if it's temperature dependent? I know how 4.5 behaved last summer when I was away (Charged exactly 2.5 kWh every other day while sitting). I'll be going away again in mid-December and hope to have 5.6 by then so I can see. I'm still on 4.5.
I would love to see some comparison numbers for this. How much range is lost at 70° at 50°, etc...
Being that I am not in a cold environment, my contribution would be of limited help. I hope to be taking my MS to the mountains this winter, where I frequently see temps at 0°. I may not have the option of plugging in, so this would be valuable info to me.

BTW, overnight (11 hours) I lost 1 mile of range on 5.6 in sleep mode. Garaged at 70° or so.

On 4.5, temperature did not seem to impact range loss -- my car was pretty consistent at losing 7-8 miles per 24 hours, and ~3 miles when parked for 8-9 hours when at work. Temps have ranged from ~60-110+, but no experience with anything below ~60...

On 4.5, temperature did not seem to impact range loss -- my car was pretty consistent at losing 7-8 miles per 24 hours, and ~3 miles when parked for 8-9 hours when at work. Temps have ranged from ~60-110+, but no experience with anything below ~60...

On 4.5, I lost close to 10 miles rated range at temps below 50. havent gone below 28 yet, that will be next week ;)

5.6 Upgrade Resulted in "Downgrading" My Car?!

Has anyone else seen this?

Before I had 5.6, I had a P85+. You're gonna hafta trust me on this one. :)

After I got 5.6, I now have a P85. Refer to pix.

Thanks,
Alan

IMG_3689.jpg
IMG_3693.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Over the weekend i had a chance to leave my car unplugged and garaged for more than 6 hours. I have 5.6

Day 1
13 hours unplugged
Rated Range lost = 4 miles
Temp was in high 40s F

Day 2
12 hours unplugged
Gained 3 Rated :scared:
Temp in beginning was in Low 50s but low 30s when I drove off

Is this like when you put a battery in the fridge to eek out a little more juice? My standard charge has now gone up from 223 to 229. Very odd but im not complaining. I was originally worried my last data points might indicate a linear loss of 4 rated miles each 6hrs but that's nkt the case. Maybe the most range lost is in the beginning before the deep sleep.

Has anyone else seen this?

Before I had 5.6, I had a P85+. You're gonna hafta trust me on this one. :)

After I got 5.6, I now have a P85. Refer to pix.

Thanks,
Alan

My P85+ never showed a plus in any of the software windows. 4.5 or 5.6. Are you sure it ever did show it? I believe I emailed ownership and they said that the + does not show up in the software.

- - - Updated - - -

For clarification, I emailed them when I first received the car.

I had been waiting patiently to receive Firmware 5.6. Today, I called Tesla Service and asked them nicely if they could push an update to me. 2 hours later, the update is here. Car is installing the now. Nice!

I had to call Fremont Service twice to get one of them to try to contact their engineers to do this. He couldn't guarantee anything but it was much better response than the first rep who said he couldn't do anything for me but to try calling Ownership.

I also asked if they could give priority to those who prepaid a service plan, both replying they never thought of that before and didn't think it was a bad idea. I couldn't tell if that was a standard reply to politely ignore a request. ;)

Sent from my RM-877_nam_att_205 using Board Express

I was hoping by the time I get my car back we could get Verizon and ditch AT&T
Whatever the monthly service rate will be, I'd pay a surcharge to NOT be on AT&T! Having worked for the Death Star in the past, and having zero coverage with them at home (versus 3 bars through Verizon), I'd be insane to prefer them as a network provider for my car!

My P85+ never showed a plus in any of the software windows. 4.5 or 5.6. Are you sure it ever did show it? I believe I emailed ownership and they said that the + does not show up in the software.

- - - Updated - - -

For clarification, I emailed them when I first received the car.

I have a plus and the displays have always said "P85".