Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I slogged through almost 700 posts and haven't seen this mentioned - 6.0 does not have the map magnification setting anymore?! I prefer the small text because the map looks "cleaner." After updating to 6.0 this morning I can't find the setting.

It is gone and actually documented in v6.0 release notes. I take it you haven't memorized the release notes yet?

I like GEO-FENCING (air suspension) now that I've had it for a while. I have a few regular curbs that are a little high. I've noticed the fencing (raises suspension) begins about a 100 yards from the potential curb. It lowers as stated at 22 and 35 MPH. It's great!

I know you're being sarcastic, but it really is silly. I can walk up to the car and it unlocks itself. I can walk up to the liftgate, press the button, and it opens. I never take the fob out of my pocket for these two things. But for removing the charger, I have to either look like I forgot about the charger every time (walk to the driver door and then back to the charger port, as the rear left of the car is the closest part of the car when I walk into the garage from the house...I park this way for a reason), or reach into my pocket to unlock it, negating the feature of the car unlocking itself that we all paid extra for. It's not that the problem is the end of the world. It's that the problem is so stupid that it shouldn't be there in the first place. How has this been overlooked for so long?

It's also not a huge effort to get up to change the TV channel, but do you do that anymore?

@Gear, You are right. This is silly. I decided to see if I could improve the situation. So, I added another fob antenna half way down the side of the car, to improve the fob signal reception. It helped. Now, nearly every time I go up to the charge port, the handles present and I can unlock the UMC. I posted instructions for this mod on teslatap.com in case you are interested in how I did it. Thanks for the push to do this. I hope it helps you and others.

I like GEO-FENCING (air suspension) now that I've had it for a while. I have a few regular curbs that are a little high. I've noticed the fencing (raises suspension) begins about a 100 yards from the potential curb. It lowers as stated at 22 and 35 MPH. It's great!

I started to do this also for a few regular parking lots I go to also...just in case I pull a little to far forward one day in the future, the car would raise itself.

I haven't seen this mentioned yet about Geo Auto Raise...for those people who have difficulty getting in and out of the car....in your normal parking areas (home, work), raise the car up, and now each time the car will raise it to make it a little easier for you.

Just received the V6 version. I am very unhappy, they have changed the design of the speed and power meters, it is very ugly now !! Why change this kind of things which was just perfect !!?? Please just add new functionalities, or better, add what is missing in existing functions : search in phone contacts, ability to choose the shortest or fastest route on the GPS, choose if we want takes the highway or not (as any 100$ GPS !!). It will be a good starting point for new release....

Just received the V6 version. I am very unhappy, they have changed the design of the speed and power meters, it is very ugly now !! Why change this kind of things which was just perfect !!?? Please just add new functionalities, or better, add what is missing in existing functions : search in phone contacts, ability to choose the shortest or fastest route on the GPS, choose if we want takes the highway or not (as any 100$ GPS !!). It will be a good starting point for new release....

Agreed.

About the new graphics: the industry new is moving toward flat and simple designs. Not having shadows or 3D illustrations saves resources and makes producing these graphics faster. Flat designs are similar to what you see now in iOS, the up coming Mac OS Yosemite; and the up coming. Android L.

We are not on a phone. On the TMS, this is just a background image, no need to have more resource to faster anything.
We can also come back to monochrome display as some years ago ?
The speed and the energy indicators used to have a shadow effect, and some have reported a slowness or a delay after awhile. Currently they don't. I could be wrong and as you said, they could be static images that don't require processing, but again, everything is moving to simple and flat design. It could be just the trend.

Updated to 6.0 (.15) yesterday morning, downloaded OTA via WiFi on Saturday night. I ran some errands yesterday. With very limited experience so far, I have not experienced the small quirks I had on 5.12 (occasional 4 indicator flashes when changing lanes, radio turning on autonomously at random times, ...). I have noticed the various display changes others have mentioned and more gradual regenerative braking. The calendar app works as expected with my iPhone (updated iPhone app), and the integration of calendar with the navigation system works as expected. I can put the address in an appointment, touch the address in the calendar to initiate the route. Geofenced suspension works as advertised, and that's a nice new feature as I have a steep gutter on my driveway to negotiate. I have an appointment today requiring a modest road trip with a planned stop at a supercharger on the way home, but so far, with limited time with the update, it seems to me that .15 is more stable with a few new features.

I prefer the flat look, I just wish they'd gone further with it and got rid of the fake 'bezels' around all the controls on the main screen, and various other elements. Getting rid of the skeuomorphic design is an industry trend, and as someone said way up-thread, there's no need to for Tesla to emulate legacy analog designs. Also, the less time spend staring at the screen the better, so by reducing the design 'noise' and exposing the important information is a safety benefit. I'm sure it would be easy for them to throw a whole bunch of dials on the screen (G force, battery charge, 0-60 etc etc), but those are just distractions (fun ones though!). Another example is all the dash 'lights' coming on when starting the car to simulate a bulb test. Totally redundant. Flash up a message saying 'all systems are great' if you must, but harking back to a previous era of automotive technology is unnecessary IMHO.

If anyone feels there's a pronounced reduction of regen, a few releases ago, a number of members noted that car reset itself to low regen even though display said standard after an update. Didn't happen to me, but I recall solution was toggle to low, reboot, toggle to standard, reboot.

I prefer the flat look, I just wish they'd gone further with it and got rid of the fake 'bezels' around all the controls on the main screen, and various other elements. Getting rid of the skeuomorphic design is an industry trend, and as someone said way up-thread, there's no need to for Tesla to emulate legacy analog designs. Also, the less time spend staring at the screen the better, so by reducing the design 'noise' and exposing the important information is a safety benefit. I'm sure it would be easy for them to throw a whole bunch of dials on the screen (G force, battery charge, 0-60 etc etc), but those are just distractions (fun ones though!). Another example is all the dash 'lights' coming on when starting the car to simulate a bulb test. Totally redundant. Flash up a message saying 'all systems are great' if you must, but harking back to a previous era of automotive technology is unnecessary IMHO.

Yeah, I got a kick out of the "diagnostics" flash, but really, as a software company there should be ways to configure this per user profile, if I want to have a green "theme" with bezels, fine, allow me to configure this, if you release a new update, then allow the existing look and feel as an option in the profile..

My car is refusing to charge today (via the UMC), this either the first or second charge since .15 came down. Did the usual troubleshooting things with Tesla Ownership, but nothing worked, so I'm waiting on a call from my local SC, which is 11 miles away, I have 13 miles left on the battery :-/ The UMC is displaying a steady green light (tried on a 220v and 120v outlet), so it seems to be happy.

Not sure if this was mentioned in the previous 71 pages, but I set the calendar setting to show the me calendar in the morning. However when I got in the car this morning, it didn't do it. I intuitively expected this would flip 1/2 of the screen to the calendar automatically when I got in the car in the morning. Is that not the case, or has anybody else noticed this functionality doesn't work?