Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if this was mentioned in the previous 71 pages, but I set the calendar setting to show the me calendar in the morning. However when I got in the car this morning, it didn't do it. I intuitively expected this would flip 1/2 of the screen to the calendar automatically when I got in the car in the morning. Is that not the case, or has anybody else noticed this functionality doesn't work?

That is pretty much how it works.
As I recall, for the calendar to work your phone must be running the new Tesla app, and be connected by bluetooth.

Not sure if this was mentioned in the previous 71 pages, but I set the calendar setting to show the me calendar in the morning. However when I got in the car this morning, it didn't do it. I intuitively expected this would flip 1/2 of the screen to the calendar automatically when I got in the car in the morning. Is that not the case, or has anybody else noticed this functionality doesn't work?

Worked for me this morning. I didn't charge so Im' not sure if the usual charge screen would interfere.

- - - Updated - - -

About the new graphics: the industry new is moving toward flat and simple designs. Not having shadows or 3D illustrations saves resources and makes producing these graphics faster. Flat designs are similar to what you see now in iOS, the up coming Mac OS Yosemite; and the up coming. Android L.

Kind of the way things looked before the industry moved towards shadows and 3D illustrations. Its becoming a lot like the fashion industry.

@Akikiki - In post 695, I can't read your text. It's tiny. FYI.

- - - Updated - - -

Did my 80% charge on V6 (.15) for the first time last night. The app told me I had 217 as of 10pm. When I got in the car at 7am I had 198 rated on the speedo and the battery pop up showed 196.

Previously I was seeing 200 to 205.

Weird.
As previously hinted, my current hypothesis is that some of us get reset to "unknown" (or whatever) and have our charge limits set to the default/birth numbers. After a few charges (2-4), it seems to return to the previously value.

- - - Updated - - -

About the new graphics: the industry new is moving toward flat and simple designs. Not having shadows or 3D illustrations saves resources and makes producing these graphics faster. Flat designs are similar to what you see now in iOS, the up coming Mac OS Yosemite; and the up coming. Android L.
I'm starting a rumor that cars with 6.0 accelerate more quickly because the graphics consume less power, making it available for propulsion.

- - - Updated - - -

It seems that less shading in the speedo circle has increased its contrast making the text stand out more and therefore easier to see which is a good thing.
My working theory is that the change in graphics is one or both of the following:
[a] a new designer was hired or was unleashed to apply his own "touches" to the renderings
with the (future) introduction of Speed Assist the renderings of the speed limit signs (and perhaps other features/renderings) didn't "mesh" with the 3D look of the pre-6.0 speedo, and it was simpler/easier/cleaner to move in the direction of the MobilEye style rendering

Today when I entered the car it was stuck in Calendar mode and none of the functions would work. There was also a warning message saying that the car needed service. After rebooting functions seemed to be restored. I haven't driven it yet. There was a momentary error message saying that the navigation system needed service, but that disappeared after a few seconds. I tried reporting the problem with the new Notes feature, but it repeatedly wouldn't recognize my message. I learned it would work with short multiple messages rather than one long message.

Larry

Well... I had 6.0(either flavor) for a week now, and a problem that I developed some time ago with my charge current dropping seems to have not resurfaced for a week.

I previously reported a charge current issue where I would consistently find that my charge current had been reduced overnight. This didn't seem to be related to voltage fluctuation that I could tell (as a matter of fact, my voltage is more stable at night than during the day, and the problem would typically not manifest itself if I manually started charging during the day).

I deleted the "remembered" charging location corresponding to my house, and now it appears that I've charged at 40A all week...

I just noticed my service loaner MS 85 (2014 model with v6 (1.65.13)) has a new (?) item in Driving Settings - Climate Ionizer On/Off.

I didn't get a chance to check my MS now that its in service, but can anyone verify the presence of this new function in their older (2013 and earlier) Model S?

This loaner is brand new ~1000 miles, and it still has the turn signal/CC stalks in original positions. The delivery service tech did confirm the newer MS's are being delivered with their positions swapped.

And I have noticed that my last 2 loaner MS's have regular spring suspensions - I was told most loaners are configured that way now (why?).

And FYI the handling compared to my air suspension MS is tighter on turns, but ride is harsher. All else is identical down to the tires, and their pressures :smile:.
Ionizer.JPG

I think the ionizer was activated by firmware 5.12. Judging from other threads i would say that the hardware for it was added late may or early june 2014. Mine got activated with 6.0. There is a separate thread about the ionizer somewhere around here...

Why does Elon keeps saying that the car will adapt to you starting v6? He mentioned it in the Japanese event, and then has tweeted about it recently - the calendar app with tap to navigate and traffic prediction features will help your car adapt to you over time?

What will change over time? Also, is it really predicting traffic or is it just taking current traffic conditions into account?

Not sure if this is what he ment, but my car predicted (correctly) that I wanted to go to work this morning and where it was and what was the best way to get there. I didn't tell it I wanted to go there, but it knew.

That is based on the Home and Work locations you have specified. It just checks in the morning if best route considering traffic is better than the regular best route to Work. Does the same for Home in the evening. I believe when you say it adapts, you mean it learns something by itself over time - meaning there is going to be a change in behavior (for the better) over time, and this change is specific to the owner.

Just received the V6 version. I am very unhappy, they have changed the design of the speed and power meters, it is very ugly now !! Why change this kind of things which was just perfect !!?

Well, beauty -- or the lack of -- certainly is in the eye of the beholder.

To me the changes in the look of the central gauge display are minor, but an improvement. As others have posted, I also am not a proponent of skeuomorphic design and the more Tesla moves away from it the better the interface will be.

Ok so why not a black background and just data in white, with no decoration at all ? Can be better after all ? I bough the car with a specific display which was perfect to me. Now after the V6 release I found it ugly, as I found ios7 graphics ugly. I am unhappy because they changed something in the design without asking me anything. The new GPS colors are just ugly too, it's like a black and white screen.
At least when changing something like this they should provide a selectable skin.
What will you say if they decide to change the color of your car the next time you go to the service center ?

I have been running v6.0 (-13) for several days and then (-15) the past 3 days. Unfortunately, I have seen more issues with Slacker connectivity in these past 3 days than during the entire time I've owned the car (since Aug. 2013). Even when others reported Slacker issues on previous versions of software, mine continued to work fine - until now. Issues I have noticed:

* Account disconnects randomly and requires either time or a manual restart on the Apps Settings page.
* Song plays and then next song does not queue up properly - just silence and media player display on dash (small screen) goes blank

I'm sure this will get sorted out, but wonder if all the new features are consuming too much processor bandwidth, thus causing communication and sync issues.

Are others seeing Slacker issues on v6.0?

I don't care for it on those platforms either. Even the plain flat Windows 8.1 is ugly compared to the aero glass of Windows 7.

Another example is all the dash 'lights' coming on when starting the car to simulate a bulb test. Totally redundant. Flash up a message saying 'all systems are great' if you must, but harking back to a previous era of automotive technology is unnecessary IMHO.

How do you know the car isn't running a startup diagnostic on those systems and then removes the indicator when the particular system has passed the test or reports as ready? Not everything is necessarily the way it appears. There is most likely a very functional reason why those indicators light up and then disappear.

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure if this has been mention as part of 6.0 , but in 24 hours with my vampire still set in the energy saving mode I lost nothing. This is a first for me, usually lose at least 3 mile in 24 hours. Anyone else see this with 6.0

I lost 6 miles in 24 hours with sleep turned on. So no.

How do you know the car isn't running a startup diagnostic on those systems and then removes the indicator when the particular system has passed the test or reports as ready? Not everything is necessarily the way it appears. There is most likely a very functional reason why those indicators light up and then disappear.

- - - Updated - - -

I lost 6 miles in 24 hours with sleep turned on. So no.
I think the startup diagnosis is required by law; same reason why the model S has an OBD port.