Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Meh. I've looked at it before. I'm either at work and have a computer or at home and with feet of an always on computer. There's just almost never a case where for some reason want a portable internet connected device. A smart phone just adds no value to my life. Certainly not $40/month worth of value.

Actually, a number of music players that are not smartphones have Bluetooth A2DP, like iPads and iPod touches:

iOS: Supported Bluetooth profiles

If you already have such devices, you can use them as a music player for your Tesla. You'll want something that supports the AAC or apt-X codecs, otherwise it will default to SBC which will sound horrible. A number of non-smartphone devices have such Bluetooth A2DP support if you are so inclined while we wait for Tesla.

I got the .13 update the other day, and everything was great. I got the .15 update this afternoon, and the center console rebooted 7 times on my way home.
At first I thought it was a map problem, because for the last year, whenever I drive south on 101 from Ralston, the maps always used to re-initialize just as I joined the freeway. This was by coincidence the first time it crashed. However, after about 5 miles it had rebooted another 4 times. I was listening to a podcast via bluetooth, so I switched to Slacker, and it rebooted again. I continued listening to Tunein and all was good, until I swapped back to the podcast, and it rebooted again!!!

I agree that it should be longer, I was thinking 5 blinks.

Funny.. When I got my MS I was a bit annoyed that it blinks as many as 3 times.. In my previous car that did not have this feature, I used to blink once (or at most two times) when changing lanes. Since it only takes a bit less than 2 blinks to actually change the lane, now the third blink is pretty useless as I am already on the other lane when it blinks!

Same thing with exiting a roundabout, those waiting to see whether I exit or drive around look for a single blink, so the 3 blinks is again excessive.

But, I've learned to live with the 3 blinks and wouldn't give it away now. :)

Got .15 today directly from 5.9. Had a weird chime sound at first which went away with instrument panel reboot. Working flawless and I like all the new features and I don't even have the air suspension. Calendar is cool. Blinker has the same 3 blinks. Will check miles at 80% charge tonight.

I got the same thing on my MS60

Immediately before the upgrade I got 88% SOC = 174.1 miles (on 1.64.38) and immediately after the update REST data reports SOC 88% = 181.7 miles (on 1.65.15)
I will see what happens after the next charge but I expect it will be back to the lower number.

I'd be tempted to do a 100% charge just to see what the top number is! (Of course I would drive the car right after completing the charge).

I had been getting 194 RM at 80% on 1.65.13 and I think I just updated to .15 and it's showing 208 RM at 80% now. I was not expecting to see such a big range adjustment!

How strange. I went from 5.11 directly to 6.0 (.15) and have not noticed any change in rated miles (208 at 80% before and after). I also haven't noticed any change in door handle responsiveness, which has always been fine.

The navigation upgrades are really nice, and I love the calendar integration. It sounds kind of goofy until you actually use it for the first time, and then it's a revelation. I can't imagine not having this now.

I'm still fuzzy on what triggers the algorithm to evaluate. Any time you nav to a destination? Any time it detects a{charge,travel,stop,travel,charge} route that is roughly consistent (i.e. the charge locations are within some epsilon of each other on the GPS)?

I have yet to see recommendations show up for anything yet.

After a long Friday night commute, I can confirm that v.13 did not consider traffic at all in the UK, either through commute assist or through actual navigation. Traffic showed on the map correctly, but the navigation was indicating that I should sit in stationary traffic instead of taking the next exit and an alternative route (which avoided all the traffic and so was much quicker). Shame. :(

Anyone know how to clear the auto suspension setting?

Yesterday, I had to set it to High to avoid a flood, then back to Standard a little later.

When I drove back on the same road, it went to High again but didn't reset to Standard. After about a mile of slow traffic I manually reset it to Standard.

This was a temporary setting and I'd like to clear it, but cannot see a way of doing it.

Would be nice to see & edit the suspension geofences on the map.

From the release notes:
Location-Based Smart Air Suspension is a new feature that is useful on roads or driveways that require higher clearance. With this feature, your car will remember where you select HIGH or VERY HIGH ride heights. The air suspension will then automatically rise at those locations in the future (a notification will appear on the instrument panel when this comes into effect).
To remove this setting for a specific location, please delete it in Controls > Driving, or change the suspension level to STANDARD or LOW at the same location.
The suspension will automatically lower from VERY HIGH to HIGH when driving speed reaches 22 mph (35 km/h), and will lower from HIGH to STANDARD when driving speed reaches 34 mph (55 km/h).

I love the feature and use it many times a day.

I agree it should be probably at least 4 blinks, and maybe a check to not do the quick blink when canceling a normal blink.
Preface my comments by saying IMHO... :). I find the number of blinks randomly alternates between 3 and 4, with it most often being 3. I'm fine with it being 3, though 4 feels slightly better... On lane changes I'm giving information, not asking for permission, and if it's not safe I'll hold it myself to request cooperation before the move. So, I guess I'm just going on record as saying 3 works for me quite well.

Last edited:
I received a suggestion for an alternative route, using back roads instead of the highway from my work location to home. Thing is, I always take the back roads home. I know that I can turn off the suggestions, but I am curious to see if the system will recognize my usual commute and stop alerting me when the highway is busy ... :confused:

I received a suggestion for an alternative route, using back roads instead of the highway from my work location to home. Thing is, I always take the back roads home. I know that I can turn off the suggestions, but I am curious to see if the system will recognize my usual commute and stop alerting me when the highway is busy ... :confused:

If you already know where you're going and how to get there, why not just leave the map up on the screen to show you traffic as you go but turn off the navigation function?

How strange. I went from 5.11 directly to 6.0 (.15) and have not noticed any change in rated miles (208 at 80% before and after). I also haven't noticed any change in door handle responsiveness, which has always been fine.

The navigation upgrades are really nice, and I love the calendar integration. It sounds kind of goofy until you actually use it for the first time, and then it's a revelation. I can't imagine not having this now.

This is strange - overnight the app is showing that charging complete went to 209 at 1:42 am, but then 5 hours later (without me touching it) it shows charging complete at 192. There goes my range boost...

IMG_8269.PNG

I have six but haven't experienced nav optimization based on traffic yet. So, question:

For those who who use HOV lanes in daily commute - is there much benefit of the commute optimization? I am guessing it is too hard to take HOV access into account in such systems.

May be Tesla (or whoever does the actual optimization) prioritizes data collected from Tesla fleet over other data? It still sounds pretty complicated. Thoughts?

I know google doesn't distinguish but I've been thinking about the problem and it might not be that hard for them to figure out. If the average speed on an arterial is X and there is a co-hort of those cars going X+Y where Y is above some minimum threshold, it's very likely the cohort is (are?) traveling in an HOV lane.

Funny.. When I got my MS I was a bit annoyed that it blinks as many as 3 times.. In my previous car that did not have this feature, I used to blink once (or at most two times) when changing lanes. Since it only takes a bit less than 2 blinks to actually change the lane, now the third blink is pretty useless as I am already on the other lane when it blinks!

Same thing with exiting a roundabout, those waiting to see whether I exit or drive around look for a single blink, so the 3 blinks is again excessive.

But, I've learned to live with the 3 blinks and wouldn't give it away now. :)

that 3rd blink might be enough confirmation to get a police officer who only sees the last blink to leave you alone. 2 blinks and he might make the mistake of missing them and pulling you over for not signaling.

Personally I'd take the annoyance of an unnecessary blink over the annoyance of being pulled over for a bad judgement call by an officer.

Our car always does 3 blinks. Our other cars with convenience turn signals all did three. Before I hd concurrence turn signals I always did 3 or 4 anyways. One before I begin to change lanes, the second when I begin to move over and the third is usually when I'm straddling the line of the lane I'm changing into.