Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got 6.0 this AM! Review of the car telemetry shows that the car woke up at 4 AM for 1 hour to download the update. So sleep modes does NOT affect when you will get the update.

Rated miles went from 199/80% to 208/79% post update. Will update with new 80% numbers tomorrow and will look into vampire drain as well.

Same here, car was sleeping but my security cam recorded the event which seems to have started at 6:10AM , the green charge port leds went on for one minute and the instrument lcd flashed one second.
When I checked the car at 8am it showed the clock update icon :)
My router reports 157MB got downloaded (and 13MB up) to the car ip.

Got 6.0 last night. Drove to work, had 167 miles. Installed 6.0: now have 178 miles. Definitive proof of change on estimated rated range. Should have checked ideal ranges before and after. Rebooted twice after install bc that was the solution to oddities from updates in the past.

I got the new version of inboard software this morning. It is the first time i do that since i got my model S three weeks ago.

I think tesla developpers could have design a thermometer icon, or something like that, because i had no idea of how long it would have taken for the update. And i needed the car quickly...

It was ok after all.

Icare (french user)

REST data
Code:
timestamp,soc,range,est_range
1410760092502,90,221,181          ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2014‎ ‎10‎:‎48‎:‎12‎ ‎PM GMT-7  [1.59.56]
1410760093002,89,238,201          9‎/‎14‎/‎2014‎ ‎10‎:‎48‎:‎13‎ ‎PM GMT-7  [1.65.11]

Bad news: It was transient. It's back to 221. Perhaps they just reset the params on the algorithm to "no historical data, recalibrate settings to defaults until more data is available" (or whatever) with the upgrade to the new firmware.

The end of my charging session last night:
Code:
timestamp,soc,range,est_range
1410918508381,80,198,142          ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2014‎ ‎6‎:‎48‎:‎28‎ ‎PM GMT-7  [1.65.11 charging_state=Charging]
1410919997502,90,221,159          ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2014‎ ‎7‎:‎13‎:‎17‎ ‎PM GMT-7  [1.65.11 charging_state=Complete]
Confirmed: My high water mark for 90% Rated has been 221 for a week now. FWIW, I'm actually a bit happier that Tesla isn't "getting creative" with "what rated means" or with the amount of buffer below zero; both of which were theories about why my rated number might have jumped up with the new firmware. In the medium term (8+ years), I hope Tesla makes a compelling (>= 85 kWh and "low-priced") battery replacement available to us despite the demands of new 2020 vehicle production for S, X, 3, and beyond.

I hope Tesla makes a compelling (>= 85 kWh and "low-priced") battery replacement available to us despite the demands of new 2020 vehicle production for S, X, 3, and beyond.

+1

My 90% rated miles were 179/177 before the update, unchanged right after 6.0 update, and still today. 179 according to Visible Tesla right after it's done charging, 177 when I get into the car in the morning.

Got 6.0 (.15 of course) via Wi-Fi overnight and installed today.. so far so good. Does anyone know if .15 included the new maps, or do those come later? :cool: I suspect latter, but didn't want to assume they weren't included in the bump from 6.0 base to .15

Last edited:
Four stages of a bout of tesmsfirmania:

1) Anticipation. Symptoms: anxiety, concern over whether your particular nits might be in place
2) Paranoia. Symptoms: obsession with rollout sequence, wifi signal in your garage, whether you are on/off Musk's christmas card list for a reason, was your last post particularly nasty?
3) Euphoria. Symptoms: sitting in car to watch 45 minutes of nothing much
4) Hallucination. Symptoms: noticing "new" things that have actually been there for 3 releases, noticing changes that are not real, noticing increased/decreased power, regen, range

I'm praying for those afflicted that Tesla never goes to a more frequent release cycle or you will have no time to drive and enjoy your car!

Downloading 6.0 Now!

IMG_0505.jpg
Downloading now!

Four stages of a bout of tesmsfirmania:

4) Hallucination. Symptoms: noticing "new" things that have actually been there for 3 releases, noticing changes that are not real, noticing increased/decreased power, regen, range

I see many posts manifesting those symptoms. I've been on V6 for three days now. I detect no changes in acceleration, regen braking, range, or anything else beyond what is listed in the "official" software change list.

Got 6.0 (.15 of course) via Wi-Fi overnight and installed today.. so far so good. Does anyone know if .15 included the new maps, or do those come later? :cool: I suspect latter, but didn't want to assume they weren't included in the bump from 6.0 base to .15
As has been said in several posts in this thread, new maps will be downloaded after you have 6.0 installed. When it happens you'll get a notice on the screen that you have new maps installed.