Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you mind telling me the day just to update the software changelog wiki with the right date?

I got 6.0 (2.0.76) at my Service Center visit on December 11th. Today (December 14th) my car downloaded and installed 6.0 (2.0.77)

- - - Updated - - -

Any evidence that the 3G problem in Canada is fixed or improved?

Interestingly, I had not been having any of the 3G issues others were reporting.

Here's an oddball glitch... after installing 1.67.125 my car started charging to 391 km instead of the usual 365 km, while still claiming it was 90% charged. Pretty sure the car didn't gain a bunch of range, so the algorithm is confused.

I'll try resetting the charge level and rebooting.

Odd bug the other day where the center screen nav froze, my wife rebooted and order was restored. Interesting thing was that I noticed yesterday the car was't lowering at speed, it had defaulted back to only >100mph where we previously had it set at 60mph. I can only assume the reboot reset it.

I had the same problem when i received the nav update over the air. My car was in for the 12 months service and was upgraded from 1.65.42 to 2.0.77. I had to set up the air suspension so it would auto lower again.. I also have a nail in the rear tire, still holding air, slow leak has anyone tried to plug the tire? the service center wanted $325 for a tire..

Odd bug the other day where the center screen nav froze, my wife rebooted and order was restored. Interesting thing was that I noticed yesterday the car was't lowering at speed, it had defaulted back to only >100mph where we previously had it set at 60mph. I can only assume the reboot reset it.

I also have a nail in the rear tire, still holding air, slow leak has anyone tried to plug the tire? the service center wanted $325 for a tire..

I had the same thing (in fact Tesla found it and warned me, but wouldn't do anything to fix it). I took it to America's Tire (where I have bought all kinds of tires before) and they plugged it for free. Its been about 8 months since and never even needed to put air in again.

I had the same problem when i received the nav update over the air. My car was in for the 12 months service and was upgraded from 1.65.42 to 2.0.77. I had to set up the air suspension so it would auto lower again.. I also have a nail in the rear tire, still holding air, slow leak has anyone tried to plug the tire? the service center wanted $325 for a tire..
Really... any gas station should be able pull out the nail and patch the tire... or you could DIY... Amazon.com: Slime 2040-A Tire Plug Kit: Automotive

In the NW we have Les Schwab Tires. They dismounted, remove a mail, patched, and remounted for free. Good folks and have given me excellent service over the past 10+ years. Sure you could DIY but they properly dismounted, patched, mounted, balanced and tested for leaks before reinstalling tire.

I reported a bug today. It was pretty odd. I was stopped at a stop light where I was going to turn left and the directions box on the nav screen kept switching between the current turn and the next turn a few miles away. Each would display for about a second before switching to the next...

I saw that once about a month ago. I was also part way around a turn at an intersection and it was switching back and forth between the current and next turn. As soon as I drove ahead out of the intersection, it stopped switching. I got it on video - let me know if you want it.

Today I experienced and reported the bug where the album art displayed fills only about 25% of the CD cover.

That bug's been around since...well...the beginning of Model S :). (I don't think Tesla sees the media player as a high priority, hehe).

Thats just a small artwork file... Happens when you google photo search some albums too. All they should is spec a min pic dimension...

- - - Updated - - -

I saw that once about a month ago. I was also part way around a turn at an intersection and it was switching back and forth between the current and next turn. As soon as I drove ahead out of the intersection, it stopped switching. I got it on video - let me know if you want it.

Thanks... I almost grabbed a video too. Also stopped once I was through the intersection...

Thats just a small artwork file... Happens when you google photo search some albums too. All they should is spec a min pic dimension.....

Right. Point is the small pic is not a bug, per se, as media player fetches album art from Internet. Now, I would say that there are two album art bugs: 1) fact that media player won't use your stored album art, 2) that media player selects total crap for album art off Internet, vs using one of the many services out there that does this well. I still live in hope that some firmware release soon will just embed one of the good music players. Until then I try to listen and not look at screen!

Here's an oddball glitch... after installing 1.67.125 my car started charging to 391 km instead of the usual 365 km, while still claiming it was 90% charged. Pretty sure the car didn't gain a bunch of range, so the algorithm is confused.

I'll try resetting the charge level and rebooting.

I had the same thing happen, but only once right after upgrading. The algorithm sorted itself out after the first charge and it has been back to normal since.

Today I experienced and reported the bug where the album art displayed fills only about 25% of the CD cover.

That bug's been around since...well...the beginning of Model S :). (I don't think Tesla sees the media player as a high priority, hehe).

It used to get smaller with each cycle--80%, 60%, 40%, etc., now it just does it randomly. Of course, 80% of the time no art is displayed and half of the remaining 20% doesn't have anything to do with the music being played. Also on about 75% of the songs, there is no time bar.

It was never actually Safari though, I believe.

Wasn't it based on WebKit (a Mozill base I believe), which Safari also is, but not actually a Safari browser...

If it wasn't Safari, then it was close enough to Safari to fool some websites. At some websites, I would get the bar along the top saying this version of Safari is outdated, please update your browser (or something to that effect).

I had the same thing happen, but only once right after upgrading. The algorithm sorted itself out after the first charge and it has been back to normal since.

Mine continues to charge to "391 km", after several charge cycles, fiddling with the charge level setting, and rebooting the touchscreen. It looks like my car really thinks the pack got 8% bigger.

I guess the next thing to try is charging to 100%.