Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.1 - For Classic Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It took 7 weeks before I received the OTA download of 6.0.

it will eventually arrive, just much sooner for some than others.

All the cool kid in our neighborhood got 6.1 except you and me. Let's console ourselves with some BBQ!

The good new is, if my pattern holds, I will be able to rest easy knowing everybody already has 6.1 when I get it. Maybe it's a Florida thing--except for Nigel :tongue:

Trip Tab and Charge Planning

I checked out the Trip tab yesterday. When a drive segment is entered into the Navigation System, if the distance is not within the capability of your current charge level a warning appears at the bottom of the "Turn by Turn" list. There is a little "X" that allows you to hide it. If you have adequate charge but need to hold your speed to a certain level like 60 MPH that displays. The state of charge (SOC) in percentage is displayed as a graph on the main screen, behind the "Trip" tab, for the start of the segment and the end. The release notes state that temperature and elevation changes are included in the estimates displayed. As you drive the segment the current position in miles is displayed with the current battery SOC. There is a little "+" icon on the upper right hand corner of this screen that allows you to see the original prediction graphed against the real time. We think this will be helpful, here's an example. We are driving from Wenatchee, WA to Missoula, MT and are not sure we can drive the segment from the Ritzville, WA Super Charger to the Missoula SC. Using this Trip feature as we drive we can establish decision points where if the SOC is not enough we can stop and add some Rated Miles at an existing L2 charger along the route. Say in this example, Coeur 'dAlene, ID. My only wish is that the SOC could be shown as Rated Miles rather than the percentage. For me, I convert the percentage to Rated Miles because my map and the NAV system both use miles as the unit of measurement.

One feature I am confident Tesla will introduce is that when a selected route has Super Chargers along it, there will be suggested charge times to accomplish the trip in the least total elapsed time.

Just installed the update on my "classic" #272. It seemed to install fine although it didn't pop-up the usual completion message with the release notes. I had to go check the version number to see that it installed.

Same for me on classic 7007--no completion notes. I did it over night after charging, so don't know how long it took. The notice appeared in the car (1/13 in the evening--when I was on 3g, even though I'm on wifi at home), but no notice on my iPhone--however, I went back in to "notifications" today to see a CNN notification, and saw that the notification was listed in my Tesla notifications of 2d ago... odd, never saw it on the screen (or maybe I blew past it). I don't notice any change in regen. Glad to see the bugs out of the 6.0 nav route sometimes showing, sometimes gone.

Got first chance today to try out 6.1 features. New trip display on maps and trip energy view is awesome. Backup guides... Not sure I need but makes me more secure. I like the streaming buffering indicator in slacker. It is really great to have a living car!

Got first chance today to try out 6.1 features. New trip display on maps and trip energy view is awesome. Backup guides... Not sure I need but makes me more secure. I like the streaming buffering indicator in slacker. It is really great to have a living car!

Do you happen to know if the backup lines take the entire vehicle width into account, including side mirrors?

Me too but now the car is 40 miles away. VisibleTesla shows version 2.2.92. I assume this is 6.1.

Where does VisibleTesla show this (ie, a notification about new firmware that's ready to install and its version) ? I havent seen any screenshot of this in VisibleTesla's documentation. I have an android phone (the app doesn't notify on android), so this would be useful for me.

Where does VisibleTesla show this (ie, a notification about new firmware that's ready to install and its version) ? I havent seen any screenshot of this in VisibleTesla's documentation. I have an android phone (the app doesn't notify on android), so this would be useful for me.

AFAIK, VisibleTesla does not show the notification, but it does show the firmware version number if you click the VIN button on the Overview tab, or click the Details button and scroll down near the bottom of the list.