Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.1 - For Classic Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Try re-booting your 17" screen (hold down both scroll wheels). I have found over the past two years that the 3G connectivity seems to "deteriorate" over time, and sometimes after a firmware update, but re-booting always brings it back for me.

Did that... I too find 3G droppage an issue apres update. So I did a couple reboots.. and I know it can take several minutes to find 3g and all facilities after a reboot so I gave it that time... but nope. Not after a 30 minute drive did it have enough internet for voice commands, browsing, etc... all the while showing bars of 3G. Couldnt connect to the car (waking up...)..

Good news, after work it was all fine.

someone said 115 does not fix the leaky slacker wifi consumption, so I am making the car forget my home hotspot for now until that is addressed.

Interesting. I have a clearly audible and consistent "clunk" from the drivetrain and was told it is "normal".

I have a clunk that seems to have started today... Or I just noticed it today. This was immediately after a couple stopped me and my girlfriend getting out of the car heading into a restaurant and told us they bought Tesla stock and love the company. They want to buy one but would probably wait to get the X or Model 3. They asked about reliability and I felt like I lied and told them it was good. Sure, the car hasn't left me stranded but there's been a lot of small fixes. Of course if service hadn't taken care of MOST of these fairly well I'd probably be singing a different tune. Now I'll have to let them know I am starting to hear the clunk. Probably will have them check on what sounds like a trapped screw or piece of plastic or metal rolling around inside the lift gate somewhere... Most likely in the plastic on the inside :-/

What happens when you tell them that you are not satisfied with that response and that you insist on the noise being fixed? In my opinion, you the owner should be the arbiter of what is acceptable or not. If you aren't happy with the noise, insist on it being fixed. If they don't, escalate to the regional service manager. If that doesn't get you anywhere, go up the VP chain of command. My service center told me that their job is to make the owners happy, so if something isn't right they will keep at it until I am satisfied.

- - - Updated - - -

I finally have an appointment for next Wednesday to have my drive unit repaired or replaced due to droning noise above 70 MPH and new electrical buzzing noises that are starting to manifest themselves. I have been waiting on this appointment since Christmas Eve, so it would have been 1 ½ months. I was told that they were ordering a brand new drive unit for me from the factory, but I don't know if that came through or if they are going to give me a remanufactured unit. I just want the issue fixed and for it not to recur.

Ughh... I have droning above 70 and buzzing at low speeds too

The round trip estimator is still there with mine on 115. After driving on a trip yesterday, I monitored the projected remaining charge on the navigation map - which displayed both the projected remaining charge for the trip - and the round trip estimated remaining charge.

Since I wasn't planning a round trip, the round trip display is useless - and generally showed the round trip wasn't possible without charging. Would prefer a way NOT to display the round trip charge, unless specifically requested.

Sorry, I'm not good at this.... but last night I tried to capture what I'm seeing with VT. Started charging at 7:05 PM (TOU low electricity rates) and the car went to nearly 80 amps, then dropped 25%. Soon after, it went back to 80 amps and dropped again. Stays at 60 amps most of the time but went back up to 80 briefly before dropping one last time and finishing the session at the lower rate. Up until 6.1, I had never noticed this auto-correction behavior. My pilot voltage always looks perfectly normal until a load is applied. I guess the software detects this and tries to go back to max charge on its own. This would get you the best charging outcome following a transient event I suppose.
View attachment 70907

What's are the voltage drops? I can't really guess at the scale of your image. I have an issue where it drops the charge current, but my voltage is rock-solid at 246V-247V.

Anyone else using RDIO and playing long songs? Ever since 6.1 I have noticed that songs longer than 7 minutes play only the first 5-6 minutes, and for the rest of the song duration play only silence. This did not happen in 6.0 as far as I can remember. I have yet to see any song longer than 7 minutes play fully in 6.1 version. Shorter songs (less than 6 minutes) always play fine.

I wonder if that is some sort of a buffer size issue, didn't 6.1 change the Slacker and RDIO playing so that it buffers the song differently?

Anyone else using RDIO and playing long songs? Ever since 6.1 I have noticed that songs longer than 7 minutes play only the first 5-6 minutes, and for the rest of the song duration play only silence. This did not happen in 6.0 as far as I can remember. I have yet to see any song longer than 7 minutes play fully in 6.1 version. Shorter songs (less than 6 minutes) always play fine.

I wonder if that is some sort of a buffer size issue, didn't 6.1 change the Slacker and RDIO playing so that it buffers the song differently?
I don't know if it buffers differently, but it does now provide indication of the buffer. When you start the song you can see the song's timeline slowly change color as the song is downloaded into the buffer. Does your bar ever fill? Presumably it does. Certainly seems like a good use for the "Bug Report" voice command.

Yes, the buffering bar fills fine.

I contacted service, they did a reset of some system and asked me to reboot the center console. At first this seemed to help (a 7:21 long song played fine), but this morning a song that was a little over 10 minutes in length cut out at 6:20 mark. I sent an email to service again, let's see if they can figure something else out...

Yes, the buffering bar fills fine.

I contacted service, they did a reset of some system and asked me to reboot the center console. At first this seemed to help (a 7:21 long song played fine), but this morning a song that was a little over 10 minutes in length cut out at 6:20 mark. I sent an email to service again, let's see if they can figure something else out...

i have this happen with Slacker and I'm on 6.1 (.115). Let us know if they find a solution.

I typically see drops from 242 to 220. Once the car steps down the amperage from 79 to 59, the voltage increases to around 230. The car will often go back to 79 amps and the cycle repeats.

Yeah. That's a huge drop. Looks like a high-impedance bottleneck somewhere.

Guess my issue is different because I have zero drop in voltage, but I'm only pulling 40A from a 14-50.

i have this happen with Slacker and I'm on 6.1 (.115). Let us know if they find a solution.

I was also on .115. Yesterday I got email from service, they said they were able to duplicate the issue on .115 firmware, but could not duplicate it on .140, so they pushed .140 to me. However, this morning when driving to work (on .140 firmware) I had one song go silent at around 4 min mark, with the song being only 5 minutes long. So I am not so certain .140 actually fixes this problem. Need to watch it closely for the next couple of days...

By the way, another problem I have encountered a couple of times now (first on .115, this morning on .140) is that the volume wheel on the steering wheel stops changing the audio volume. The instrument panel shows the numbers changing between 0 and 11, but the audio keeps playing at the original volume. Reboot makes the volume control work again. This happens while driving, not using navigation or parking (when the volume wheel might affect navigation volume or parking beep volume). I haven't reported this problem to Tesla yet, wondering if someone else has seen this?