Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't like that when playing music from the USB, the first line on the screen reads "USB 1". This is a waste of space, and in my opinion, information of little significance. Even if it needs to be displayed, it should not take up the very first line.

Radio source (Slacker, TuneIn) is indicated at the bottom right corner. Why not do the same here.

Minor note--last week I got the .113 update pushed OTA. The next day I had my 24k service, and due to an intermittent very minor clunk from the rear end, the SC replaced my drive unit. The FW was then updated by the service tech to .114, reportedly to match/adjust to the new drive unit. Note that I have seen some posts regarding Park Distance sensor issues and the .113 build which were fixed with .114, so maybe there are a couple of bug fixes in the .114 build. YMMV.

So, anyway, I really like 6.1.

A couple of things I wish were different:

1) I don't want to choose between miles and percentage battery. Why can't I have both? Miles where they currently are, and percentage optionally superimposed over the bar (and next to the battery icon on the big screen).

2) My first reading of the "overview" trip view was that you'd see the entire trip but as you came near to a direction change it would zoom in. Well, I was wrong. Too bad. Also, when I finish my trip it stays in the zoom level where it was. I kind of wanted it to go back to my starting setting. Maybe that's a small thing.

3) I want a better bluetooth media interface, but who doesn't?

So, anyway, I really like 6.1.

A couple of things I wish were different:

1) I don't want to choose between miles and percentage battery. Why can't I have both? Miles where they currently are, and percentage optionally superimposed over the bar (and next to the battery icon on the big screen).

Agree completely… I tried using the battery percentage over the weekend, but found it redundant with the bar itself. I was thinking exactly as you -- leave miles in the existing location and then show % on the battery bar (kind of like it shows when the car is off, but all with in the battery bar)...

My install of .113 wasn't successful (see post 668) and last week Tesla tried to push it to my car again but it didn't show up as ready to install, so service scheduled a visit for later this week. Today Tesla tried pushing .114 and that fixed my problems.

Agree completely… I tried using the battery percentage over the weekend, but found it redundant with the bar itself. I was thinking exactly as you -- leave miles in the existing location and then show % on the battery bar (kind of like it shows when the car is off, but all with in the battery bar)...

+1

Mileage on center display & kWH on the Charging display -- those are the units that are most relevant for those displays.

Changing the percentage/miles display for charge should also change the new trip graph - which only shows percentages.

Would also be helpful with the trip energy projections to provide a setting to projected speed vs. posted speed. Setting this to a positive number (say 5 MPH) would provide a more conservative estimate of energy usage. This would mimic what I've been doing when manually projecting energy usage - my simple algorithm on trips was to charge to miles to destination + 30% (to account for projected highway speeds) + 20 miles (to avoid getting to close to 0 charge).

Got 6.1 yesterday afternoon. For the first time ever, there was no confirmation box saying the update was successful. It's all there, however, and everything seems to be working fine.
Same here. I thought it failed, but when I hit the T is shows 6.1 is installed. I'm not sure if that means it "failed" and partially installed as some others have noted, or if it was successful, but I haven't noticed any issues with it. Everything seems to be working properly.

Got the update this weekend. Overall I like it as this is my first update since taking delivery of my S85. I just love the fact that my car is now capable of more than it was last week. Few feedback comments however - not sure if TM reads this or if there is another way to get it to them...

1) The backup lines in the rear view camera don't have enough contrast with concrete pavement. Using a brighter color (like my wife's Lexus) may help
2) Parking Sensors should bring up the full car display when entering the garage as well as backing in. Perhaps when you use home link to open the door, you could see the full car sensor display as I see today when backing up
3) Lane departure warning should turn off if I use the turn signal and not vibrate the whole time

Looking forward to the next update - hopefully we see more updates in the mobile app soon as well as a way for all owners to use Visible Tesla again.

Got the update this weekend. Overall I like it as this is my first update since taking delivery of my S85. I just love the fact that my car is now capable of more than it was last week. Few feedback comments however - not sure if TM reads this or if there is another way to get it to them...

1) The backup lines in the rear view camera don't have enough contrast with concrete pavement. Using a brighter color (like my wife's Lexus) may help
2) Parking Sensors should bring up the full car display when entering the garage as well as backing in. Perhaps when you use home link to open the door, you could see the full car sensor display as I see today when backing up
3) Lane departure warning should turn off if I use the turn signal and not vibrate the whole time

Looking forward to the next update - hopefully we see more updates in the mobile app soon as well as a way for all owners to use Visible Tesla again.

Regarding your items:

1) The right way to do it is to use a drop shadow or outline of a contrasting color, which allows the lines to be easily seen against any background. (It'd look much nicer if the lines were anti-aliased, too).

2) If you are in drive and below 5mph, you should be able to see a cone icon over the camera display. Tap it and I think you'll get the full car sensor display.

3) lane departure DOES turn off if you use the turn signal. But if you start crossing the line first, then put on the turn signal, the vibration won't stop early. Just make sure you signal first and it shouldn't come on.

Edit: for #3, I see now that you may have been indicating that you'd like the lane departure vibration, if already started, to stop immediately when the turn signal goes on. In that case, I agree with you :).

Got 6.1 yesterday afternoon. For the first time ever, there was no confirmation box saying the update was successful. It's all there, however, and everything seems to be working fine.

Mine had "Car needs to be updated, contact service". However, a couple of reboots and I saw the successfully installed message.