Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I also agree it is great the way it is. Then again, I don't quite understand why it is even needed. Two feet, two pedals. I guess it does eliminate the beeping associated with both pedals pushed. Now, when I used to drive a 69 stick shift Mustang in San Francisco without a hand brake, that was a little tricky and could have benefited from hill hold, especially when it was raining and one tire was on a cable car track....

I had to slam on the brakes and I recovered with maybe two feet to spare.
Why on earth didn't you take over sooner? You knew the car ahead of you was stopped. As soon as that motorcycle pulled ahead of you, you should have either disconnected TACC or had your foot hovering over the brake because who knows how the system is going to react to this behavior.

- - - Updated - - -

It's things like this that make me very bearish on tech like TACC, auto pilot, and on-ramp-to-off-ramp assisted driving. There are just too many unpredictable variables that software will never be able to handle with a level of safety needed. It's like computer scientists have been promising AI for three or four decades now and the best we have so far is SIRI. <shrug>
No, it's all very simple. TACC keeps pace with the car in front of you. Lane Keeping keeps you in your lane. Blind spot warning warns you of potential dangers in your blind spot. These are all capabilities that have been available in other cars to some degree or another for years. Any other capabilities have been projected into the Autopilot by wishful thinking in this forum.

It appears they've messed with "rated" algorithm again. My 80% charge was 207 or 208 rated miles prior to 5.21. Immediately upon installing that release, it has been 201 every night. No change to slider. Not hugely important, but I sure wish I understood basis of changes so I could understand reliability of number. Will do a couple of range charges before next long drives and try to run it down a bit to re-calibrate and give a balancing opportunity.

I know we've been through this before, but once again absolutely no change to my 80% or 90% Rated numbers after getting 2.4.253 (from my Service Center) or 2.5.21 (over the air). Not disputing others are seeing changes, but for some reason or other my car is not. I wish I knew why.

He is saying that the car waits longer to recharge due to vampire loss than it used to. It used to recharge whenever it lost 3 miles of rated range and now it waits until it has lost 7 miles of rated range.

I have a dedicated meter on my car's charging circuit. When I was away for two weeks in the summer of 2013, the car would top itself up to the tune of exactly 2.5 kWh every other day. When I was away in the summer of 2014, it seemed a bit more random. It might charge itself two days in a row, then skip two days, charge one day and so forth. Haven't had the car parked for more than overnight since then, so no data on current firmware.

Again I feel compelled to whip out this anecdote:
Many, Many years ago when I was young, I had a job in a TV shop. After delivering the repaired TV back to the customer, many would complain about the color (usually) or some other aspect. "It doesn't look as bright", or "The faces are a little red". Of course on many of these repairs, the color circuitry was never involved in the fault, and thus the set is performing exactly the same. The "disturbance" in their life caused them to enable "hair trigger mode" and look for things, anything, that may be amiss. Color on a TV is very subjective.

As a technician who has now been called out to their house, the only thing I found worked reliably is to lie. Go to the back of the TV and enable test mode which collapsed the picture to one thin horizontal line, then make some "adjustments" and let out a few "aha's" then take the TV out of test mode. Worked almost every time. (And I didn't have to outright lie)

I'm willing to bet if I disabled most owners' regen for a few minutes, then re-enabled it and told them that I boosted it, they would believe me.
A few miles range difference is within the noise floor of the range estimator. It's definitely within the noise floor of the driver's foot. Stop worrying!