Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
.36 pushed out last night for both of our cars (see below). Yes, it broke TuneIn. Was never able to log into my personal account. But now, spinning circles, error messages. Rebooted MCU/instrument panel X2. No joy. I reported this to TM tech support at about 1030 Pacific time. The phone tech acted like he had not heard about this yet.

.36 pushed out last night for both of our cars (see below). Yes, it broke TuneIn. Was never able to log into my personal account. But now, spinning circles, error messages. Rebooted MCU/instrument panel X2. No joy. I reported this to TM tech support at about 1030 Pacific time. The phone tech acted like he had not heard about this yet.

Same situation for me this morning: Updated to .36 last night, same spinning circles (on TuneIn) and same Login fail message (despite previous posters saying it worked). This was the case during my entire morning commute (tried multiple times including main screen reboot, but nothing worked). HOWEVER . . . when I got in the car tonight for my commute home, no spinning circles, full TuneIn access AND the login worked. My conclusion: something was wrong with the TuneIn servers (or access to them) early this morning that cleared up at some point during the day.

This little updates all the time not offering much new or no release notes are actually more annoying now
I don't know if I'd go so far as to call them annoying: I tap a button once and it installs overnight without me giving it another thought. I'm inconvenienced by about the second it takes to tap a button on the screen.

We're probably in a tiny minority, but I do wish we'd get real release notes. Even if it's a bunch of stuff we barely understand or seems trivial. If I had to guess, I think what you're actually annoyed by is that you're installing updates and have no idea what's even in them.

They're annoying, for sure, but lane splitting at under 30 mph is shown to be safer for the motorcylist (reduces risks of rear-ending). At higher speeds, it's insanely dangerous and I figure darwinism will select him out of the system.
Safer for whom? When they scratch my car or happen to run into an open door in stopped traffic, the cyclist isn't the only one that suffers.

- - - Updated - - -

I have found the service center loaner on a couple of occaisions have had later builds and they sometimes seem to be getting the latest builds after many people have already received them at their homes.

This may have been discussed as I don't visit this thread often..so apologies if this is already known.....The .36 build only tweaks the AD and algo for the drive train IIRC. So, it won't be coming out for the entire fleet.
"AD"?
Both my Sig P85 and P85D got .36 yesterday.

I've had the Tune in issue with pre-.36 versions. I've only had .36 for a day, so too early to tell if this is the fix. It appears that the 3G signal meter is 'stuck' at a certain level, and is not transferring to the next cell tower. Then the Tune in data can't transfer enough to play properly. A reboot fixes it usually and it then properly goes to the next tower and data flows again. I've found some areas where the data seems impacted and although you have a good signal, there seems to be a narrowing of the data pipe somewhere even with a perfect signal. One area is going through Thousand Oaks, CA.

I am hoping that the LTE upgrade will help.

Same situation for me this morning: Updated to .36 last night, same spinning circles (on TuneIn) and same Login fail message (despite previous posters saying it worked). This was the case during my entire morning commute (tried multiple times including main screen reboot, but nothing worked). HOWEVER . . . when I got in the car tonight for my commute home, no spinning circles, full TuneIn access AND the login worked. My conclusion: something was wrong with the TuneIn servers (or access to them) early this morning that cleared up at some point during the day.

I concur--this morning all TuneIn is good, and I can finally log into TuneIn with my personal account.

For you with tunein problems. Also check if you actually have any data connection by using the browser. I had that problem after a recent update, the icon said 3G and excellent coverage but it didn't actually work.

Unfortunately, when the 3G connection fails it typically continues to show as active with a moderate to good signal. For me, the fastest way to confirm a broken 3G is to hold down the voice command button (top right button on steering wheel). This will fail with "No connectivity" message at the bottom of the instrument console screen when 3G has hung up.

Only solution is a reboot of the MCU. Even then, it takes several minutes after the MCU reboot before the 3G comes back, so be patient.