Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's a bad washed out photo. It's no where near that bad. Actually, I don't think the headlights are bad at all.
Although it can still be improved, e.g. illustrate the high and low beam of the headlights. When the turn aware headlight comes, illustrate that as well. Obviously, I like gimmicks :biggrin:. The MS is my main toy, that is why they also have a toy car on the IC.:tongue: OTA keeps my toy fresh every now and then.

Although it can still be improved, e.g. illustrate the high and low beam of the headlights. When the turn aware headlight comes, illustrate that as well. Obviously, I like gimmicks :biggrin:. The MS is my main toy, that is why they also have a toy car on the IC.:tongue: OTA keeps my toy fresh every now and then.

Absolutely! The great thing is that post 7.0 it's a new and different toy: before it was a toy for accelerating fast, now it's a toy for watching automated driving improve. Like getting a whole new car.

Perhaps the current brightness and depth of the headlights could represent high beams and a much more narrow and dimmer beam can be used for lo beams?

I like my steering wheel low and I am tall, so with the new dash I cannot see my speed unless I lower my head. But I have a great view of the autopilot car and lane indicator. I'd really like to have the speed at the bottom and the car animation above. They have moved the speed to a point where I cannot see it and that stinks. Why can't they bring out several skins so each of us can pick the layout we like??

Vertically swapping the digital speed with the car/lane indicator is a great idea.

Better yet, having the option to do it.

Last edited:
As far as I can see, nobody else has brought this up... so perhaps I'm the only person with aging eyesight. I'm pretty much OK with everything which has been included in the current updates, and I'm enjoying the heck out of AP. But couldn't the digital time be a bit bigger? I like to glance over to see the time often while driving, and looking way over to the center display at the teeny time in the upper right just doesn't work without diverting my attention from the road. The new clock on the dash is just overkill (and hard to read), and I often have navigation there. Just a bit bigger digital time somewhere on the dash would be really nice. Does anybody else think this would be helpful?

As far as I can see, nobody else has brought this up... so perhaps I'm the only person with aging eyesight.

This has been brought up a few times. It appears that the digital clock returns to the IC with the most recent firmware. This one has larger text than the status bar clock on the 17". Next time you update, you should have it back.

Do we really know for a fact that Tesla always intends to deliver every "dot release" of code to every geography -- or perhaps some interim code drops are unique to some geos or vehicles with certain criteria, until such time Tesla delivers a larger code drop to everyone and picks up some of the little things...

Honestly, that's the way a big company I used to work for managed global software... Smaller fixes and changes went to specific customers with a specific problem that needed resolving more urgently, or sometimes went along with larger sections of code that went out for one reason or another if it could be done with low risk and little impact to workload/cost... But not until a new larger code drop where all the smaller fixes/changes had been more completely involved with integration testing, did most customers receive everything...

We do know, from experience, that not everybody gets every revision.
So, best to not hold one's breath. However, in time, some revision arrives.
I have gotten about 8 revisions in 10 months.

Thanks. As I suspected! It makes a lot of sense to me Tesla wouldn't waste time, effort and money distributing minor changes -- no matter how obsessive and impatient some owners become when someone else has something they don't -- quite yet. ;)

Are folks experiencing the 7.0 TACC slowing below the set speed for approaching curves,
apparently using the built in maps from the instrument panel to "see" what is ahead?

If so, does it use a Route to "predict" using an exit, and slowing in anticipation?

Does the Auto-Steering use the Route at all, like to choose to take the exit lane?

Thanks, Gary

Does the Auto-Steering use the Route at all, like to choose to take the exit lane?
At this point AP V7.x is not connected in any way to a route the driver enters into the navigation system.
My understanding is that AP does these things, when activated by the driver: maintains lane position, maintains a set following distance proportional to vehicle speed, to some degree adjusts speed based on known (to the car) speed limits and allows for an "offset" if one is selected by the driver, does a single lane change when the driver engages the turn signal appropriately, and dips high beams when oncoming headlights are detected.
AP is different from the collision avoidance and automatic emergency braking features.
Having AP follow a route entered into the nav, even if only on a freeway type of road, would be a moderate level of autonomous driving. I would argue that Tesla's current level of AP is not "autonomous" at all, and Tesla does not portray it that way, of course.