Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.1 - For Classic Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have FW 7.1 and in the release notes it talks about the homelink auto open/close. But when I go to the homelink settings I don't see any option to turn this feature on. Is there a minimum version where this is enabled? I'm surprised it is in the release notes but I don't see it. Am I missing something?

I have FW 7.1 and in the release notes it talks about the homelink auto open/close. But when I go to the homelink settings I don't see any option to turn this feature on. Is there a minimum version where this is enabled? I'm surprised it is in the release notes but I don't see it. Am I missing something?
If you have a profile already set up, choose it, then look for the > arrow and press that.... there are a couple of radio boxes that you need to check to turn it on for that specific profile.
I did that with intermittent success until I re-programmed the homelink with the car pulled closer to the door.

TMC to the rescue again.

OMFSM! (OMG for Pastafarians)
Thanks to the TMC users for figuring out all of these tricks and nuances and sharing them, even on a relatively simple feature like the garage door opener - like open the door with the car from inside, link to profile, etc.
I can't image trying to figure out the TACC or AP (which is why I opted not to order it, also I'm a cheap ass).

There should have been detailed set up directions in the software release/emails from Tesla with all of this stuff included, so that we can get the maximum benefit out of the awesome cars we have. Then when something goes wrong, I at least would be more patient and understanding. If not for TMC, customer satisfaction with Tesla would be much lower, IMHO.

All -

Wanted to give everyone an update about my MCU lags & freezes... Just got my car back from service last night and believe it or not, the problem ended up being that I had to many "recents" in the navigation system!

They had flashed the car to a slightly newer version of 7.1 which didn't fix the problem, so they had to call engineering in Fremont to figure it out. Seems as though 7.1 doesn't play nice when you have a lot of recent destinations in the navigation. Since I use navigation a lot (sometimes 3-4 times a day) navigating to new clients homes, I must have had a lot!

Aaron

I have FW 7.1 and in the release notes it talks about the homelink auto open/close. But when I go to the homelink settings I don't see any option to turn this feature on.

The auto open/close checkboxes won't show until you select an opener. So you go to the homelink screen and "Add new" is pre-selected with your opener below. Press your opener (usually named "Home") and the check boxes appear.

Wanted to give everyone an update about my MCU lags & freezes... Just got my car back from service last night and believe it or not, the problem ended up being that I had to many "recents" in the navigation system!

Not saying this is wrong, it most certainly could be the case (though I think the trip odometer fix was absolutely not). However, this reminds me when I used to do computer support in the early 90s. Our user base was not computer literate, so a couple of the jokesters in our support group would always make it look like we were doing something completely absurd while fixing the problem. For example, a friend's signature move was to use his elbow to hit the escape key. He'd press it normally, say it wasn't working, then use his elbow to hit the escape key after actually fixing what was wrong. If he could fix an issue remotely, he'd have the callcenter guys press escape, then he'd remotely fix the problem, then he'd tell them they had to try with their elbow. Voilà! It would work.

Frequently when walking the floor, I'd see users trying to hit escape with their elbows to fix whatever hangup they were having.

I have been having a strange issue pop up, and not seen any other reports of this issue on the forums. If I select the option for only the driver door handle to auto-present, it causes my rear hatch to malfunction. The hatch will open 1/2 inch and drop back down, open only 6 or 12 inches and stop, or open fully and then close without stopping. Usually the hatch will open regularly about 1 out of 4 or 5 tries. The behavior is the worst if I use the rear handle to open the hatch and I have not yet had the door handle present itself (in the mornings, I walk up to the rear of my car to pop the hatch and load up my briefcase and jacket - usually the door handle does not present until I walk around to the driver side of the car).

When I deselect the one door option, I cannot recreate the above behavior with my rear hatch. I have rebooted my console and dash - didn't fix the issue. I also have turned the one-door option on and off several times. Each time, the option causes this behavior by my rear hatch.

Has anyone else seen this behavior?

Do you think my wife will believe this means I need to replace my car with a P90L?

Not saying this is wrong, it most certainly could be the case (though I think the trip odometer fix was absolutely not). However, this reminds me when I used to do computer support in the early 90s. Our user base was not computer literate, so a couple of the jokesters in our support group would always make it look like we were doing something completely absurd while fixing the problem. For example, a friend's signature move was to use his elbow to hit the escape key. He'd press it normally, say it wasn't working, then use his elbow to hit the escape key after actually fixing what was wrong. If he could fix an issue remotely, he'd have the callcenter guys press escape, then he'd remotely fix the problem, then he'd tell them they had to try with their elbow. Voilà! It would work.

Frequently when walking the floor, I'd see users trying to hit escape with their elbows to fix whatever hangup they were having.

Way back in the day when there were computer operators, one of our system software programmers swapped operator console keys so that a fairly standard operator key sequence for reprioritizing jobs was instead "halt system". Dozens of unexplained crashes before anyone figured it out. Way better than elbow escape!

I have been having a strange issue pop up, and not seen any other reports of this issue on the forums. If I select the option for only the driver door handle to auto-present, it causes my rear hatch to malfunction. The hatch will open 1/2 inch and drop back down, open only 6 or 12 inches and stop, or open fully and then close without stopping. Usually the hatch will open regularly about 1 out of 4 or 5 tries. The behavior is the worst if I use the rear handle to open the hatch and I have not yet had the door handle present itself (in the mornings, I walk up to the rear of my car to pop the hatch and load up my briefcase and jacket - usually the door handle does not present until I walk around to the driver side of the car).

When I deselect the one door option, I cannot recreate the above behavior with my rear hatch. I have rebooted my console and dash - didn't fix the issue. I also have turned the one-door option on and off several times. Each time, the option causes this behavior by my rear hatch.

Do you think my wife will believe this means I need to replace my car with a P90L?
I do not have the automatic opening problem, however I am having some hatch issues with the old P85 Signature. Works fine half the time when I manually press the hatch button and wants to go back down sometimes after starting to rise up. Very odd behavior, but could be the age of the vehicle and need for service on the hatch mechanism. Seemed to start with version 7.1.

Interesting. When I had this problem (on 6.2), the Service Center replaced the gas strut (left side, not the motored right side) to resolve it.