Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What app are you using to know how long the upgrade took. I am not getting any software upgrade notifications from my Tesla app. I have deleted it and reloaded it. If it does not happen again when I get my next update, I will call Tesla support.

The app does not tell you how long it takes. You can only get that information by actually watching it install. The ability to be easily entertained, is a requirement.

Software upgrade notifications are optional. See the settings inside the app.

As an upgrade wonk, I've been quite interested to watch how the upgrades roll out and see if there's any type of pattern...thus far, this has definitely been a fools errand. As an S P90DL owner, it's notable that the last major update for this part of the fleet was a few weeks ago as 2.20.30/.45

Does anyone have some sort of technical bromide to help me understand this? Fortunately, it doesn't appear that I'm missing much per the postings since 2.20.30 although the latency between upgrades has made me contemplate driving 45 minutes out of my way to the SvC to see if the "Software Push" hypothesis is legit.

Reactions: JenniferQ
What app are you using to know how long the upgrade took. I am not getting any software upgrade notifications from my Tesla app. I have deleted it and reloaded it. If it does not happen again when I get my next update, I will call Tesla support.

I manually started the update and noted the time after the 2-minute countdown finished. When the update completed I got a push notification on my phone, which has a timestamp.

Reactions: Bet TSLA
I am old school so I wear an actual wrist watch which is an Omega Speedmaster Chronograph (old 1974 Moon Watch). When I start the update I start the chronographs timer function by hitting the .... Button. When the update ends, I stop the timer function and read off the hour and minutes and seconds.... I am not aware of a software function that auto-magically keeps track of the upgrade duration.

Summons isn't working on my MS 85. I press the central button on the fob (like I have done previously when it was working), lights flash, mirrors fold in, handles retract and then nothing. Recently updated to 2.24.30. Checked settings to make sure it was enabled (it was). Disables and then reenabled. Disabled continuous press and then reenabled it. Still not working. All the sensors appear to be clear.

Any thoughts?

Summons isn't working on my MS 85. I press the central button on the fob (like I have done previously when it was working), lights flash, mirrors fold in, handles retract and then nothing. Recently updated to 2.24.30. Checked settings to make sure it was enabled (it was). Disables and then reenabled. Disabled continuous press and then reenabled it. Still not working. All the sensors appear to be clear.

Any thoughts?
You covered the usual reason, which is that updates that affect summon usually reset continuous press so you need to (re-)disable that. I'd just call Tesla Service and be done with it.

Any thoughts?

Just checking, since you said that you disabled and then reeanbled continuous press. You are pressing and holding the button continuously, right? (I assume you are, but you never know sometimes).

Yesterday before the latest update I noticed that the rear lights on the dash are now clear instead of red making it easy now to see when the brake lights go on. I have a red car and previously it was hard to see when they were activated. I don't know when the change was made as I just noticed it.
Just saw that although I couldn't tell you when it happened because it never was a problem for me and my midnight silver car. What firmware version did you get and when did you get it?

Version 2.24 .86 yesterday afternoon. I was going to demonstrate Summons to a friend today and I could not make it work after the update. After many attempts and reading the manual the problem was I had to redo Hold the button down continuously to Off.
I hear you. I had the exact same embarrassment when trying to demo for my brother recently. :(

Reactions: Lightmatrix
Keep in mind that the MS does not have falcon wing doors and consequently does not need that firmware upgrade.

Visible MX changes about 6/25:
1) Trunk does not hit garage door when it is opened in the garage.
2) Drivers door opens when car is unlocked with key fob.

Any thoughts?
Tesla HQ said I needed to disable the continuous setting. I did and summons from the fob worked just fine. Guess I thought the continuous setting was appropriate since I wanted summons to work while I held the center button on the fob continuously.

Tesla HQ said I needed to disable the continuous setting. I did and summons from the fob worked just fine. Guess I thought the continuous setting was appropriate since I wanted summons to work while I held the center button on the fob continuously.

Just to be sure.. you hold the center button down until the lights start blinking and then you push the front or the rear of the FOB to select the summon direction.

You keep mentioning holding the center continuously, which is just the first step.

The "continuous" setting basically means you must use the Tesla app for a smartphone and continuously press the direction on the app. The fob cannot be used for summon when this setting is on.

I am old school so I wear an actual wrist watch which is an Omega Speedmaster Chronograph (old 1974 Moon Watch). When I start the update I start the chronographs timer function by hitting the .... Button. When the update ends, I stop the timer function and read off the hour and minutes and seconds.... I am not aware of a software function that auto-magically keeps track of the upgrade duration.
Got the same watch! Of course I spent $800 to have it cleaned and refreshed last year... Alas, it is not seeing much use since I got my Apple Watch...