Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My gps position is definitely fixed, but not the right way. I drove backwards on the driveway and it shows the correct position. The orientation of the arrow is still not right after reversing. It shows sideways or backwards after reversing. It corrects itself after going forward though. I almost want to get a job at Tesla just to fix these annoying bugs. Orientation should not be tied to direction change of GPS coordinates, the car should know whether it is moving forward or backward!
It turns out that the Gyro was disabled on my car to "fix" the issue instead of actually fixing anything; however, the service center has reproduced reverse GPS issue on their loaners so the ticket will definitely get some attention from development.

Reactions: Kalud and MP3Mike
2.24.102 is out, car just finished installing it.

To add to the noise, I did happen to stop at a Service Center today. However I didn't join any WiFi network. Let the wild speculations continue!
I have a SC down the street from my place. Do you think if I connect to their WiFi will I get the update pretty quick? I'm new to all of this since my S75 is 3 weeks old :)

I have a SC down the street from my place. Do you think if I connect to their WiFi will I get the update pretty quick? I'm new to all of this since my S75 is 3 weeks old :)

No I don't. I was just kidding. I'm giving a hard time to the people on this thread who imho are foolishly speculating that connecting to a SvC's WiFi somehow accelerates firmware upgrades. It's possible that Tesla set up an elaborate scheme to prioritize cars that acquire IP addresses from their own WiFi routers at SvC's, but I don't see why they would go to the extra effort to do something like that, they have plenty of other more pressing things to do. Occam's razor says when your car connects to any given WiFi or 3G or LTE, you're just connected to the Internet, and Tesla's servers are pushing firmware updates according to their own scheme, unknown to us, but likely doesn't have to do with your access point.

• Informative
Reactions: chillaban
No I don't. I was just kidding. I'm giving a hard time to the people on this thread who imho are foolishly speculating that connecting to a SvC's WiFi somehow accelerates firmware upgrades. It's possible that Tesla set up an elaborate scheme to prioritize cars that acquire IP addresses from their own WiFi routers at SvC's, but I don't see why they would go to the extra effort to do something like that, they have plenty of other more pressing things to do. Occam's razor says when your car connects to any given WiFi or 3G or LTE, you're just connected to the Internet, and Tesla's servers are pushing firmware updates according to their own scheme, unknown to us, but likely doesn't have to do with your access point.
Awesome! Noted and thank you. Do you notice anything different with your update?

Awesome! Noted and thank you. Do you notice anything different with your update?

I was hoping it might fix a problem with my DRL (the top segment doesn't light up on the driver side, see my thread on this here: DRL: Now you have it, now you don't...). However, it did not.

The update notes are still the same ones from the last major update (7.1), so it appears this is primarily a silent update. Nothing immediately obvious, but I haven't driven the car since the update.

Reactions: Jason Shelton
Got 2.24.102 about 7:45 PM when stopped at Seaside Service Center to charge a bit for second of all day Oakland trips tomorrow. Home too late to fully charge so stopped to give it a minor head start on miles. Want to reach full at home as I leave early AM.

Notes say just minor fixes

OK, I'm still on 2.20.30 since May 26th! I've turned into an upgrade junkie and usually I don't even know what they add or fix.

It reminds me of a quote from the movie adaptation of Burroughs "The Naked Lunch".

"I am addicted to a drug that doesn't exist. Now I'm going through withdrawal and I am afraid of what the symptoms might be."

I invoke the Telsa software ritual to cause an update tonight!

OK, I'm still on 2.20.30 since May 26th! I've turned into an upgrade junkie and usually I don't even know what they add or fix.

It reminds me of a quote from the movie adaptation of Burroughs "The Naked Lunch".

"I am addicted to a drug that doesn't exist. Now I'm going through withdrawal and I am afraid of what the symptoms might be."

I invoke the Telsa software ritual to cause an update tonight!
My software update ritual is to reboot both the IC and the 17". Then I disconnect the wifi and reconnect. (It's never once worked) ;)

I got two updates today. The second one, only AFTER I drove past the local SC.

Speculate away....

Anyone had problems with the FOBs after installing 2.24.86?
Mine are acting up now. Suspected the tint at first, but no one with the same tint as me have fob problems.

The auto-present of handles no longer work. Clicking the fobs randomly open the car. Passing the right side of the car make the handles auto-present. But not always.

Very strange behaviour. Tech-support tried rebooting a security module or something. I've tried rebooting screens. And swap batteries in fobs. Same problem.

Irritating. But at least there's no "key not detected" problems. As long as I get into the car I'm good :)