Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank god. I can cross off one of a long list of annoyances of my car now. Almost every time I lean into the back trunk to organize things the stupid door would close on me,

Now I just need FWD that close when you ask them to (been in the shop 3 times to fix this, will have to go again), GPS aware auto lock (don't want the car locked in my garage), a touchscreen user interface that doesn't have random lags, a browser that works, a NAV that isn't insane, etc.

Not so fast - no big update yet! Mine installed overnight and the release notes only highlight the ability to turn off "all doors close" from the fob press. The option for this is in the settings on the main screen and is set to Off by default.

Just got a new update alert on my phone. Has anyone installed it yet?

Hoping for the new big software!?

Thank god. I can cross off one of a long list of annoyances of my car now. Almost every time I lean into the back trunk to organize things the stupid door would close on me,

Now I just need FWD that close when you ask them to (been in the shop 3 times to fix this, will have to go again), GPS aware auto lock (don't want the car locked in my garage), a touchscreen user interface that doesn't have random lags, a browser that works, a NAV that isn't insane, etc.
After couple of times having the trunk door try to decapitize me as the keyfob pressed against the bumper, my solution had been to put the fob on belt loop. Never had a problem since. I am happy I can close all doors in one shot and lock the car when walking away from the car.

Had a couple of times passerby begin to wonder if I was crazy stupid to leave my car open and shout out to me when the doors began to close. Their jaws just drop. Awesome ;)

All those with phantom 'obstacle detect' on closing FWDs...I had this and it took new sensors to fix. That was done 4 weeks ago and no issues since (knock on wood). It was happening pretty regularly before that.

Yeah I supposedly had new FWD sensors installed and/or reaffixed. It is back to broken now. Tesla is going to look at the car tomorrow.

Going to Service Center to pick up my Model X that had the "non" obstacle there but obstacle detected and FWD not closing completely issue. Here is what they found:

Verified closing obstacle every other attempt. Ordered inductive trim. Corrections: Panel - Door Trim - RH - Rear

Installed new inductive sensor trim, installed firmware. Verified correct operation of both rear doors.

Parts Replaced or Added
Part Quantity

FALCON DOOR UPPER TRIM RH ALCAN 1 BLK (1051554-04-F)

SC also updated my firmware to 2.32.65

• Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: highedu and xkwizit