Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is the Tesla MO for incremental (non-major) releases. You'll get release notes when going from 7.1 to 7.2 or 8.0 but not when you remain on 7.1 with a new build.

Yes. Technically, software releases are numbered as x.y.z, where:

X = major improvements and new features
Y = minor improvements and small feature additions
Z = bug fixes

By some conventions, if only the "z" is changing no patch notes are needed because nothing should be changing other than fixing things.

The only new thing I saw today (new as in I've never seen it before) is it now offered proactively to start navigation for me home because my usual route was too traffic-y, despite me not even doing any navigation (and using it only once to go home from work).

@Aljohn I have the same issue with audio and have it in my S too. Not sure why that happens. Sometimes it works, sometimes not.

I got 2.17.95 two days ago and it "broke" my auto presenting door as well as auto unlock when FOB is near and auto closing front driver door when I walk away. All features worked perfectly prior to this update. Hoping they fix this soon. My FOBs have fresh batteries too.

I got 2.17.95 two days ago and it "broke" my auto presenting door as well as auto unlock when FOB is near and auto closing front driver door when I walk away. All features worked perfectly prior to this update. Hoping they fix this soon. My FOBs have fresh batteries too.

I have 2.17.95 also. It isn't the problem. The auto presenting doors work perfectly before and after. Not really sure what .. 95 fixed, but noticed anything special before and after -- of course I have only had the X two weeks.

Since this release, I noticed an issue with my rear seat motor was fixed.
It was behaving as though it lost it's position similar to how the FWD can lose "zero".
And in this state the "one touch" to allow for 3rd-row access failed. I could move the seat forward in tiny increments with many presses, but could not one-touch or press-and-hold.
Since this firmware upgrade, that issue is gone.
Also the FOB message as reported above.

The only new thing I saw today (new as in I've never seen it before) is it now offered proactively to start navigation for me home because my usual route was too traffic-y, despite me not even doing any navigation (and using it only once to go home from work).
Actually that's not a new feature. The Tesla cars learn your schedule and offer the optimal route. Also, if you have precondition setting on, it will also precondition (heat or cool) based on your usage patterns.

@Aljohn I have the same issue with audio and have it in my S too. Not sure why that happens. Sometimes it works, sometimes not.

Same here: both S and X no longer remember what audio source and track/station was last playing...but not every time: sometimes it works like it always has in the past, resuming play where it left off when I exited the car. Really annoying to have to reselect everything.

Since this update was installed in my X, I have not been able to open the FWDs, frunk, or rear liftgate from the main touchscreen after parking. Only the driver and front passenger doors aren't greyed out when I park at the end of a drive. However, when I first get into the car before a drive, all icons are available and I can open/close everything.

My X has also stopped being aware of my keyfobs when I approach the car. It used to blink the lights as I approached, so when I pressed the front door handle, the door would open immediately. A/C would already be running and music playing. Now nothing happens when I approach, and I have to press the door handle twice (once to wake up the car and again to open the door).

I've also noticed that my side mirrors don't always fold in when I lock the car, and that the rear spoiler refuses to close permanently when I lock the X. The spoiler does retract initially, but then a few seconds later it raises again and stays up (with the car locked).

I'm not entirely sure if Auto Lock when I walk away is working, since the mirrors aren't folding in and the spoiler isn't retracting. But it's definitely locked if I manually lock from the keyfob (I tested it with a friend).

I've tried rebooting from the steering wheel holding down both of the scroll wheels, but that didn't fix the aforementioned problems.

Anyone else experiencing this strangeness?

I can confirm everyone of your issues on my 90D. I only had it 12 hours before applying the update, so I don't remember every original behavior, but now each of these things are happening on mine.

Looks like my above problems were a coincidence and not broken by the firmware. I must have changed this setting on or near the day I got the 2.16.17 firmware update:

If you look at the lock icon on the status bar in the top left of your main touchscreen display (see 4/11/2016 owner's manual, page 100), is it in the "locked" position, or open position? If locked, press it to manually unlock it, and see if all the problems go away. Believe it or not, that's what worked for me (which I discovered completely by accident).

Now the car recognizes me when I approach and lets me open the driver door with a single press (but not the FWD - that still takes two presses for some reason); I can open the FWDs, Trunk, and Frunk from inside after parking the car; charging port now lets go of my charging cable without having go back inside the car and press "Unlock" for the charger (as long as I've already opened the driver door or manually unlocked the car); the mirrors fold in (and stay folded) when I walk away from the car or lock it manually; and the rear spoiler retracts (and stays closed) when I walk away from the car or lock it manually.

I don't have Auto Present doors enabled, so if that's not working, I wouldn't know.

The only difference in behavior that I've noticed is that the car used to blink its flashers once when I approached the car, but now it doesn't.

I have no idea why this padlock button would be the solution to the above problems, but there you have it.

Hmm. I thought the padlock open automatically when you put the car in park?

Anyway thanks for the tip and I will look out for it.

BTW my car still blinks when its sound asleep and I approach from the rear. Not sure what happens from the front as I cannot get into the garage from that direction.

I was told today that my auto present door issue and failure of fob to auto unlock is either a) fob battery, but unlikely as neither fob is working right, b) issue when I updated to 2.17.95 where car and fobs are no longer paired correctly, which they may be able to fix by pushing 2.17.95 to me again or c) I need to take my car in. Will know more Monday. They said this is not an issue they've hear about - which strikes me as odd as several people here and at the TM forums have reported the issue.

The good news is my doors work when I use the button on them and my fob unlocks car if I click it, so car is working generally well.