Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Because I have a 12V battery failure, which I know inhibits the update process, so I may have an older version queued. If I can tell the SC to update to the latest version, they may push past what's already downloaded, and I don't get stuck waiting for an update to a less-restricted version.
I have requested to not update before, and they did comply.

But again, a couple days/weeks after your 12v gets replaced, you would get an update if the Service Center didn't queue up the new one already. I guess I just fail to see what the problem is and thus, then why you would want another poster do a data hunt for you. But oh well. :)

If you are concerned, why not just tell them not to update it, and then after you get the car back, decide if you want to accept the update?
I wrote Service, but I mean Support, Help, whatever—the people on the other end of ServiceHelpNA email. I have the car but coincidentally I do have a service appointment coming up next week so if we can't skip ahead to the latest update over the air before then I'm sure I can get up to date at the service center.

Reactions: Cyclone
But again, a couple days/weeks after your 12v gets replaced, you would get an update if the Service Center didn't queue up the new one already. I guess I just fail to see what the problem is and thus, then why you would want another poster do a data hunt for you. But oh well. :)
Agreed, it's not a big deal, and I'm really not asking anyone to *do* anything. Just looking for clarification. I'm overthinking it. But if the SC can get me an update to current now, I know what's in it that I care about. Who's to say what the *next* update will bring? I want to grab this one if it's a good one. Sorry to be a pain.

Reactions: Cyclone
I have AP1 car. I got my notification for new s/w (2.52.22) this morning at 6AM - told me it would take 1hr40min but got it done in < 20mins.

So far, I saw this a couple of times during my morning commute - a new "Hold" (not steering hold) that keeps that car in stop position and will only move if I press accelerator. This message appears after the car has been in autopilot and stopped for more than 15 or so seconds due to stopped traffic ahead. I thought this was new in this s/w release, but looks like another thread (in Holland) has this since June...I haven't seen this the last 3 months I have owned the car - and similar commute profile/time. So it looks like this feature existed before and activated in our region only recently (and was already active in Europe?)...

FullSizeRender.jpg

Agreed, it's not a big deal, and I'm really not asking anyone to *do* anything. Just looking for clarification. I'm overthinking it. But if the SC can get me an update to current now, I know what's in it that I care about. Who's to say what the *next* update will bring? I want to grab this one if it's a good one. Sorry to be a pain.

You were not a pain. I was honestly confused :)

I have AP1 car. I got my notification for new s/w (2.52.22) this morning at 6AM - told me it would take 1hr40min but got it done in < 20mins.

So far, I saw this a couple of times during my morning commute - a new "Hold" (not steering hold) that keeps that car in stop position and will only move if I press accelerator. This message appears after the car has been in autopilot and stopped for more than 15 or so seconds due to stopped traffic ahead. I thought this was new in this s/w release, but looks like another thread (in Holland) has this since June...I haven't seen this the last 3 months I have owned the car - and similar commute profile/time. So it looks like this feature existed before and activated in our region only recently (and was already active in Europe?)...

I don't use AP in those types of driving situations, so I'm not all that familiar with this. But I do have a recollection of something from the very beginning of TACC with respect to stopping and needing to resume. Is it possible just the messages are new, but the behavior hasn't changed? Or that the messages are new and the behavior has changed slightly?

View attachment 210225

This has been there on AutoPilot cars since v7 and maybe even v6 when TACC was activated (my recollection is this is tied to TACC, not auto-steer). However, Tesla may have tweaked the circumstances that trigger it. It used to be something like 5 seconds or 30 seconds depending on if you were on a highway or side street, but it likely has been tweaked since then.

I thought this was new in this s/w release,

When I first saw that I posted that I thought it might be new. Someone told me that they thought it only happened when following stop-start traffic up hill. For me it probably was the first time I'd engaged AP in stop-start on a hill (normally I'd use it in traffic that had ground to a halt on highway, so probably only ever used it on-the-flat). Dunno if that applies in your case? (Sounds like this is your regular commute, so it may well be that, unlike my experience, you have used AP in stop-start traffic on that uphill section before)

Now ... if it would engage this when I get to the front of the queue at a junction that would be handy ... not that I don't always pay 100% attention or anything like that :)

Software update came the other day and I updated while I was at work. I returned to the car to find this on the left side of the dash panel. At first I thought that's interesting information but made no sense to me. Decided to take a picture before seeing if it would go away. It did go away when I changed to a different option on the dash and cannot bring it back.

Attachments

• dash of model s after update.jpg
    dash of model s after update.jpg
    252.4 KB · Views: 79
The HOLD message has been part of TACC for as long as I can remember, but its behavior has changed over the years.
Initially, it appeared on undivided roads after 3 seconds and on divided freeways after 30 seconds.
At some point, the restrictions were removed, however certain conditions still trigger it (not sure what those are as I haven't seen consistently reproducible events).

• Informative
Reactions: Andyw2100
Software update came the other day and I updated while I was at work. I returned to the car to find this on the left side of the dash panel. At first I thought that's interesting information but made no sense to me. Decided to take a picture before seeing if it would go away. It did go away when I changed to a different option on the dash and cannot bring it back.

That's one of the diagnostic screens.

@wk057 mentioned in a recent thread that you could bring that up if you had the clock up on the screen when you updated your firmware. He also suggested that he expected Tesla had corrected that in more recent firmware releases.

I will find that comment, and copy it below.

You need dev/diagnostic/root to get it to come up. Although there was a bug in 2.52.20 where if you left your IC on the clock during the update it would switch to this dev screen... I'm sure Tesla quickly fixed that. They seem to despise owners having this sort of info for some reason.

Reactions: ChrisJ and Vip