Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My main one is that it seems like when in fullscreen map mode (or even when it's just in the top half of the screen), there's no way to get to the other functions on the top of the screen, without collapsing the map to the bottom half of the screen. That's awful UX...why can't I tap on the top part of the screen and have the icons slide back into view? Am I doing something wrong or are you really that trapped when you have the map up top?

If I tap anywhere on the map the buttons (top icons and map icons pop in) slide down.

• Helpful
Reactions: dss33
Sigh. Very disappointed in you Elon. Surely you know I'm one of the most avid AP users with approximately 80% of all my mileage being AP.

Why have you not personally moved me to the front of the line for V8 sweetness?

Am I supposed to be patient just because you have thousands of other customers, run a rocket company, a disruptive car company, a solar company, and a magnetic propulsion transit technology. Should I wait without angst simply because you are leading us to Mars, dispelling the simulation we refer to as reality, and pulling Amber Heard?

Fine. I'll wait one more day. :)

Anyone seeing problems connecting to TuneIn radio? The Tesla media player wasn't able to connect to it for me, either on the LTE with a strong signal, or from my home wi-fi.

I'm not able to connect to TuneIn at all. When I click on the TuneIn tab, the screen displays the message 'Loading' then a few seconds later it displays the message 'Unable to reach TuneIn. Try again later'. I refreshed and rebooted the screens, but the same result.

In NoCA:

2013 S85 (May 2013 delivery) got notification Fri. 9/23 @ 9:00 PM PST---40 minute install.
2015 S70D (June 2015 delivery) got notification Fri. 9/23 @ 11:30 pm PST--installed 9/24--90 minute install.

8.0.2.36.108 on both (pre- and post-TACC cars). Updated from v. 7 directly.

All OK but 1 major 'feature fail" related to TMs decision to force either Nav or the Backup camera at the top of the touchscreen--now if you want to keep Nav on top and the backup camera on full time at the bottom, and you select any other app, then you have to go back and rearrange the Nav and Backup apps on the touchscreen. I want it to stay as is--I pick where I want my apps and want them left there.

Reactions: CTShore
Nice updated charging display.

IMG_5957.JPG

8.0 just has a feature to keep it below 105 degrees for 12 hours after you leave the car. It is enabled by default, but can be turned off.

Elon said that in 8.1 you will be able to set a min and max temperature for it to keep the car at, which would be the "camper mode" you want. (Or at least close to it.)

This will be a popular decal for Tesla owners with Children or Pets. :cool:

AC decal .jpg

And people said skeumorphism was dead.

Next we are going to get green arrows flowing from the motor to the battery pack to show regen, and orange arrows flowing from the battery pack to the motor. Ugh. I actually had lots of people ask me about that screen because their Prius shows the "energy flows". I said if you are using energy it comes from the battery and when you are regening it goes in. No need for an extra screen for that. "Well I'd still like the screen to show whats happening". Sigh.

Next we are going to get green arrows flowing from the motor to the battery pack to show regen, and orange arrows flowing from the battery pack to the motor. Ugh. I actually had lots of people ask me about that screen because their Prius shows the "energy flows". I said if you are using energy it comes from the battery and when you are regening it goes in. No need for an extra screen for that. "Well I'd still like the screen to show whats happening". Sigh.

Isn't there a secret service screen like that?

I didnt know that. I had always thought that hard wired was preferable to BT.
if you have the option hardwired takes the guesswork away.
Mind you there's probably a fair bit of placebo involved. I remember seeing a blinded trial with an audience voting on audio quality, and MP3, CD-lossless and vinyl were played across various musical genres. The votes were tallied and MP3 came out on top, much to everyone's annoyance :confused:

• Funny
Reactions: msnow
No, 8.0 just has a feature to keep it below 105 degrees for 12 hours after you leave the car. It is enabled by default, but can be turned off.

Elon said that in 8.1 you will be able to set a min and max temperature for it to keep the car at, which would be the "camper mode" you want. (Or at least close to it.)
Oh ya, I remember that now, it was 8.1. Thanks! Love 8.0 Btw