Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It doesn't even show you the FM frequency! Why is it different from the US version? At least it appears that you have RDS, so it can retune to a simulcast on a different frequency when the signal gets low, but that is even a more important reason to show you the current frequency!

I think it is becoming apparent that Tesla needs to hire more electrical engineers, none were consulted when designing this interface.

Not sure if I'm the only one this is happening to or not but I find myself hanging up on people prematurely now because the steering wheel button hangs up the first time now. You used to have to press it once to bring up the call meme then a second press to hang up. I always used to press once as I was nearing the end of my call... now I rudely cut people off. :)
I've found the same. Receive call, say hello, close the roof, roof stays open, call ended. ... Frustrating

It doesn't even show you the FM frequency! Why is it different from the US version? At least it appears that you have RDS, so it can retune to a simulcast on a different frequency when the signal gets low, but that is even a more important reason to show you the current frequency!

I think it is becoming apparent that Tesla needs to hire more electrical engineers, none were consulted when designing this interface.
No, no, no. What they need to do is give the developers a Tesla to actually drive for a few months. This is simply a problem of the software guys having no idea how the end user is trying to actually use the software. They have tons of TEFV's for this very purpose. Why not test software like they test hardware?

I made a quick video that outlines some of the features I think should be included in the Tesla Media App. These were features that I (and others) suggested in the 7.1 voting pole and received moderate to strong support, along with the many other media suggestions. The feature requests were based on the Empeg player software that I showcase in the video. I used an Empeg for 12 years, before the Tesla and I found a lot of it's functions to be invaluable when listening to MP3 audio in the car.

Omg. Empeg!!! Have one myself, still the best auto audio interface in the world.

Scuttlebutt is that geofencing is now only for cars that are actively in service. In the API, they added a field to note whether a car is "in-service" (with all cars tested so far being 'NO'), so it could be that this field gets changed by the service team when they open a ticket on the car. It is likely automated based on the received/delivered date and times that have been on our service invoices already.

Scuttlebutt is that geofencing is now only for cars that are actively in service. In the API, they added a field to note whether a car is "in-service" (with all cars tested so far being 'NO'), so it could be that this field gets changed by the service team when they open a ticket on the car. It is likely automated based on the received/delivered date and times that have been on our service invoices already.

Your car needs an RO and GeoFence and WiFi to service.

Here's another new one in 8.0 for me. AP can actually read the concrete "sidewalk" on the left-most lane of the bay bridge as a proper lane, and stays further to the right - just as I would if I were steering myself:

IMG_0126.jpg