Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We're supposed to look past taking a hands-free picture at 50mph crossing through an intersection with no lead car or lane lines…. and awe at how Tesla's brought back the safety enhancement that we now how the freedom to do it at 50mph instead of 45mph.

The funny thing is, it doesn't show that. The car in front is detected and white (not grey) on the panel, meaning this could still be a "following" case.

• Informative
Reactions: Andyw2100
I'm still holding out futile hope that I can get 2.52.22 today :). Had my car connected to wifi all day long, praying to the mothership to get selected.

Are any more updates happening or did it all happen overnight?
Mine came in approximately 3:30am PST. I haven't received an automated update in a while so I thought car going to sleep was preventing it from getting updates. Glad to know that wasn't the case.

I have AP1 car. I got my notification for new s/w (2.52.22) this morning at 6AM - told me it would take 1hr40min but got it done in < 20mins.

So far, I saw this a couple of times during my morning commute - a new "Hold" (not steering hold) that keeps that car in stop position and will only move if I press accelerator. This message appears after the car has been in autopilot and stopped for more than 15 or so seconds due to stopped traffic ahead. I thought this was new in this s/w release, but looks like another thread (in Holland) has this since June...I haven't seen this the last 3 months I have owned the car - and similar commute profile/time. So it looks like this feature existed before and activated in our region only recently (and was already active in Europe?)...

View attachment 210225

You can also initiate HOLD by pressing down hard on the brake till the HOLD message pops up. I use it almost daily at one particular railroad crossing so I don't have to manually keep the brake pedal pressed for extended periods of time. Same function exists on my Mercedes as well. I have not installed the latest update yet so I hope we are referring to the same thing :)

You can also initiate HOLD by pressing down hard on the brake till the HOLD message pops up. I use it almost daily at one particular railroad crossing so I don't have to manually keep the brake pedal pressed for extended periods of time. Same function exists on my Mercedes as well. I have not installed the latest update yet so I hope we are referring to the same thing :)

Two different things, with different indications, but rather similar effects.

The one you're describing, Vehicle Hold, is a manual driving function that keeps the car stationary while stopped without your foot on the pedal, and is indicated with the little gray brake disc with the H inside.

The other poster is talking about a piece of Autopilot functionality where when the car is in AP and stopped for a period of time (or detects a nearby obstacle while stopped) it stays put and won't move until you tap the accelerator. It's indicated by blue letters HOLD across the upper display area. It's been around since TACC was first introduced and is well described in the manual, but apparently he hadn't come across it before.