Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can't say I've noticed that - might you be on 5 mile average? Mine would normally be on 30 miles average.
I always see that (but I haven't done a road trip since getting 2.52.22) and allow for it - seems like the delta between expected and actual over those first few miles has a huge effect on the overall estimate and then it slowly averages out. Great if they have fixed that.

I don't think the average you have selected on the energy graph has any effect on the navigation estimation algorithm.

Reactions: chillaban
Can't say I've noticed that - might you be on 5 mile average? Mine would normally be on 30 miles average.

I always see that (but I haven't done a road trip since getting 2.52.22) and allow for it - seems like the delta between expected and actual over those first few miles has a huge effect on the overall estimate and then it slowly averages out. Great if they have fixed that.

I don't think the average you have selected on the energy graph has any effect on the navigation estimation algorithm.

Right, I'm referring to the trip planner's percentage at destination estimate. That is not affected by the energy graph scale.

I meant I would unplug at Harris Ranch with the estimator showing 15% at arrival, and then by the time I get to the I-5 onramp it would say 9%, scaring the crap out of me. Then I drive for 20 minutes sweating bullets and the estimator slowly creeps back up to 15-20%.

This would happen to me all the time before 2.50.

Right, I'm referring to the trip planner's percentage at destination estimate. That is not affected by the energy graph scale.

I meant I would unplug at Harris Ranch with the estimator showing 15% at arrival, and then by the time I get to the I-5 onramp it would say 9%, scaring the crap out of me. Then I drive for 20 minutes sweating bullets and the estimator slowly creeps back up to 15-20%.

This would happen to me all the time before 2.50.
I totally agree. The estimate at the beginning remains amazingly consistent with that at the end. A really nice fix.

I'm still on Firmware 17.3.15 (since Jan 24) and have inoperable Cruise Control and intermittent Autosteer (mostly inoperable). Should I be just sucking it up and waiting for an update or take it back in to the SC. I took it in on Jan 25, and they said the engineers in Fremont were aware and working on it.

I'm still on Firmware 17.3.15 (since Jan 24) and have inoperable Cruise Control and intermittent Autosteer (mostly inoperable). Should I be just sucking it up and waiting for an update or take it back in to the SC. I took it in on Jan 25, and they said the engineers in Fremont were aware and working on it.

Maybe neither? If they said they knew about it and Fremont is working on it, then taking it in probably won't help anything - they need answers from Fremont first.

At the same time, I don't know that I'd be happy just waiting, so maybe call the service center and ask for an update on the status?

Reactions: Ahisaac