Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've noticed in my AP2 MS (17.9.3), self-steering sometimes works one day on a particular road, and on another day it doesn't, center console says self-steering cannot be enabled (on the same road/speed where it worked before). Like today on my commute, it didn't work on any roads (freeway under 50mph, and side roads under 35mph). Conditions were the same as usual--not sunny or even rainy today. Anyone else notice this?

I've noticed in my AP2 MS (17.9.3), self-steering sometimes works one day on a particular road, and on another day it doesn't, center console says self-steering cannot be enabled (on the same road/speed where it worked before). Like today on my commute, it didn't work on any roads (freeway under 50mph, and side roads under 35mph). Conditions were the same as usual--not sunny or even rainy today. Anyone else notice this?
I've experienced similar issues. Having said that, based on my (limited) Autosteer experience to date, its far from ready. Like others, hoping that an upgrade comes "tomorrow" to fix this.

I found out which day 8.1 isn't going to be released on!

upload_2017-3-23_14-31-45.png

I've experienced similar issues. Having said that, based on my (limited) Autosteer experience to date, its far from ready. Like others, hoping that an upgrade comes "tomorrow" to fix this.
Folks do not be too concerned. This is just what happened with AP1's autosteer. I tried it a couple of weeks out of the gate and decided to wait. Even a few months out I found the system happily running me up an interstate exit ramp at 75 mph.

While I don't know, I believe using and over riding the system when it is wrong happens to be one of the best things an owner can do. The car certainly stores camera images and car parameters. My belief is when a user over rides the system that data plus images is sent back to Tesla and used to improve the system.

Reactions: Ahisaac
Great in theory but honestly the browser is low on my list of wants. ... better nav system, etc much more wanted/needed

Totally agree. The browser in the car sounds like a good idea, but really, at this point, I'm not sure I'd use it much over my phone or iPad. There are so many other things to improve upon with a new kernel, like Nav waypoints (welcome to 1999!!), non-braindead media player, and dozens of other things.

Reactions: Imafrog and BertL