Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.1 - Autopilot HW1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have 8.1, I can check but its always defaulted back when I restart. Is it saved in your driver profile? That thing alsways seems to find a new thing to save.
It's not that it's defaulting back on restart. The car turns T/C back on immediately, within 1 - 2 seconds of hitting disable in the confirmation dialog. It won't stay disabled.

Right, almost forgot hoping, when will be the 6 weeks or 6 whatever due? Bet this time they will hit it, and not shuffling priority for another CR stunt. Haha.

From the early parts of this very thread, posts 47 and 49, it looks like Elon made the six weeks statement on the 31st, so it should arrive around April 42nd.

(Some eccentric people call that day May 12th.)

How fast are you driving? Slip Start disables once you are moving above a relatively low speed.
Any speed, from stopped to 70+. This isn't slip start - that's an AWD only feature. RWD cars have a setting under Controls->driving to disable traction control. When I set the slider to off, I get a confirmation dialog with Cancel or Disable. Both seem to function as "cancel" - T/C re-enables immediately.

At this point, it's probably worth me filing a bug report/calling in.

I'll look again, but I'm pretty sure it's not on that page, as I did raise the suspension to "very high" but no Jack Mode option.
It's below the Ride Height options:

vG6cF5G.jpg

What happened to "Jack Mode"?? I was in the tire shop today to put on new summer tires, and for the life of me, couldn't find Jack Mode on the touchscreen.

Tow Mode was there.. but no Jack mode. Did I miss the memo?

Well my 8.1 HW1 P90D put itself in jack mode while parked in my office parking lot the other day -- does that count? :( (oddly, the passenger side mirror was also pointed straight down and had to be re-adjusted)