Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.1 - Autopilot HW2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
According to my calculations, we're about 5 days overdue for an update, based on a 4 month average of 15.3 days per update (not including quick-revs for small bugs found in a release). Here's to hoping something's coming ... soon? :)

I just came here to say... where are the AP2 improvements?! :D

Even small improvements to handling curves better would be huge to have higher confidence on LA freeways.

Local road stability and a bump to 40 mph would be great too.

I'm easy to please ;)

I'm sorry in advance for breaking the "don't tease updates" rule….. But my car has been at the SC for 2 days and was running 17.11.10.

On Monday, I got a software update is available push notification — it was presumably for 17.14.23. But today I got yet another push notification for a software update available. Could it be a new update?

Also obligatory: I'm gonna pick up my car "soon" and leave all of you on the edge of your seats for the indefinite future….

I'm sorry in advance for breaking the "don't tease updates" rule….. But my car has been at the SC for 2 days and was running 17.11.10.

On Monday, I got a software update is available push notification — it was presumably for 17.14.23. But today I got yet another push notification for a software update available. Could it be a new update?

Also obligatory: I'm gonna pick up my car "soon" and leave all of you on the edge of your seats for the indefinite future….

Sorry to disappoint: It's just 17.14.23. Not sure why I got multiple push notifications for it.

Sorry to disappoint: It's just 17.14.23. Not sure why I got multiple push notifications for it.

Many components on the car require, once replaced, that firmware be "reinstalled" after component replacement. You get whatever the latest version the service center has that is approved for you VIN. Often, it is just reinstalling the same version that was installed previously.

• Informative
Reactions: chillaban
Ev-fw has one report (could be a mistype) and its for an AP1 car. I'm still on 17.11.3. I don't mind but if a major release comes, I'm going to start cajoling the car to update itself.

True, it should be. But since the new version numbering scheme, most releases have been the build week or the next week. But they have been later on some...
I guess we'll know for sure when/if more people report receiving that release.

I'm still stuck on 17.11.3 myself (which I didn't receive until week 14) due to ongoing wifi issues. Hopefully I'll be skipping a few of the interim releases and jumping straight to the latest and greatest!

I'm still stuck on 17.11.3 myself (which I didn't receive until week 14) due to ongoing wifi issues. Hopefully I'll be skipping a few of the interim releases and jumping straight to the latest and greatest!

I don't think you're stuck on it due to WiFi issues - my WiFi works great and I often receive updates early on when they start rolling out but I'm still on 17.11.3 as well.

Mike

Reactions: croman
I don't think you're stuck on it due to WiFi issues - my WiFi works great and I often receive updates early on when they start rolling out but I'm still on 17.11.3 as well.
Good point. I just know that I was one of the last to get 17.11.3. I think people started reporting 17.11.10 the day after I got 17.11.3. I'm not really missing any features from the subsequent releases AFAIK.