Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.1 - Autopilot HW2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
(sense of dread ...) oh boy ... don't know whether to laugh, or break into a cold sweat just thinking about it. Yesterday we headed down to our local taco joint - which passes under the Amtrak rails in a very narrow tunnel. Just prior to the road narrowing - the car vears towards the shoulder - which would have slammed us into the concrete embankment - (rt side if the tunnel) as the auto braking system decided to not see it.
2 more days 'till May .... that'll make 7 months of our AP2 'experience'. Call us crazy impatient but one begins to wonder ... how much longer

• Funny
Reactions: croman and NerdUno
There's something goofy going on because since week 11 there have been a lot of these patch updates that seem like have been going to people w "AP unavailable" problems. And I got 17.11.45 (with AEB) this week but again it only went to some cars. (My AP works fine btw) It's been since the 8.1 deployment that there's been a fleetwide update.

There's something goofy going on because since week 11 there have been a lot of these patch updates that seem like have been going to people w "AP unavailable" problems. And I got 17.11.45 (with AEB) this week but again it only went to some cars. (My AP works fine btw) It's been since the 8.1 deployment that there's been a fleetwide update.

Feels a lot like trial and error, I have the "Cruise unavailable" issue since 8.1 and I haven't had any of these limited rollout updates. It's pretty stunning that they haven't been able to address this significant bug in a month.

Last edited:
Looks like the AEB update (17.11.45 specifically) is no longer rolling out or is slowing down. Only one recorded update on ev-fw today. I wonder if that version rollout was more of a guinea pig rollout and the broader rollout will be another version.

I hope so because I still don't have it. I'm hoping it's bundled with a new feature like AS locally up to speed limit and it isn't drunk.

Reactions: Tomnook