Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.5

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since 8.5 the car will now turn or go across solid white lines to go in or out of the HOV lane. I admit i have not tried to go in and out of the HOV lane in a while since it was not working on a solid white line. Is this new to 8.5 or earlier version?

Yeah I HOPE so, just saw I went from 5.15 to 8.5 this morning. Was hoping the ability to set Sentry Mode to always on in park as an option in this, not yet...
If you purchase the Stats for Tesla app, it will automatically set Sentry Mode after you leave your car. For the areas you park in that don't require Sentry Mode, you can indicate the location as a "Safe" place, like your garage and it won't engage Sentry Mode. Great feature IMO.

NOA is definitely a more courteous driver than I am. I’d generally flick on my blinker and then start to change lanes half a second or so after doing so, while NOA flicks on the blinker and then waits for a second or two before moving. I’d also accelerate or decelerate to get to the GAO I was targeting before flicking on my blinker while AP flicks it on and then does it’s manuevering to get to a gap to change lanes. More courteous, but I do it my way because of how often people speed up to keep you from changing lanes in front of them so I’m not sure how well NOA will do in heavier traffic where gaps can disappear pretty quickly if you signal too long and aren’t assertive enough moving into the space.

I know this will not be a popular comment and I am not picking on you specifically, but what you experienced is the way all of us should be driving. If you don't, you are just contributing to the problem us safer drivers experience. Eventually, we all learn that constant lange-changin g and speeding while in traffic doesn't get you to your location "significantly" faster, so why bother.

Since 8.5 the car will now turn or go across solid white lines to go in or out of the HOV lane. I admit i have not tried to go in and out of the HOV lane in a while since it was not working on a solid white line. Is this new to 8.5 or earlier version?
NoA I believe has always had this functionality, even when confirmation is/was necessary.
Autosteer on Autopilot generally I have not seen it ever be able to cross solid white lines, though I would be happy if it did now :)

The other behavior I believe new to 8.5 is stopping the indicator flashing after lane change is complete. It used to stay in for 3 flashes (and tick noises) after the change was complete. Now it’s zero extra afaict

Did you preorder FSD? There was a reference Elon made, perhaps in the Ark interview?, that those who had preordered FSD last year would be invited into EAP come April.. Perhaps he said next month. I wonder if we've just been put in Early Access? The Tesla response, "not available for you yet" might suggest it's limited availability. Of course, if you don't have FSD that blows up the theory. Nobody has reached out to me and I got 8.3 last week and 8.5 last night.

No I didn’t preorder. Purchased during the sale.

8.5 NoA - one potential issue - so it does seem that the car waits for < 0.5 miles to the exit and wants to change 5 lanes of traffic from carpool to the exit. That's one issue but potentially one I can live with it.

What happened today is a possible show stopper: It tried to move from the carpool (#1 lane) into the #2 lane while simulatenously a car from the #3 lane was merging at that precise moment into the #2 lane. I aborted it just as it started to merge, but would it have aborted the lane change???....I don't know but didn't wait to find out.

This type of thing is tough for human drivers, but points out the need for still looking over the shoulder when using NoA.....

Has anyone else seen this? Maybe safer would be if the algorithm could AVOID merging when there's a car right across two lanes either way. That's generally how I do it myself, in case of this very same issue.

What happened today is a possible show stopper: It tried to move from the carpool (#1 lane) into the #2 lane while simulatenously a car from the #3 lane was merging at that precise moment into the #2 lane. I aborted it just as it started to merge, but would it have aborted the lane change???....I don't know but didn't wait to find out.
I was in this situation and my car did abort.

How did you get to the chat? i was told there was a way to do it from your tesla account but I can't find anything but a form to submit.

I've seen people refer to chatting with Tesla through the website and I don't see any option for it either. Nothing under the main contact page or anything in the personal Tesla account page. If you go to support and search "chat" there are 87 page results that say "Have a question? Start Chat." However, click on any of them, can you don't get the same page whose results are cached in their search engine.

I've tried during business hours on multiple days over the past few weeks to find it, and it's just not there for me. It's probably some kind of A/B testing and you get put in the "chat available group" if your profile meets some kind of selection criteria.

Just got 8.5 Friday, but already noticed a new phantom braking situation (Model S).

As I pass a car in the next lane under AP, the car will suddenly brake for a moment and hesitate.

Never happened to me before, but now have experienced 4 times since Friday and its definitely related to passing a car in the next lane. Becoming a serious deterrent to using AP.

New M3S+ picked it up Saturday 30 March, now with 348 miles and currently located in San Diego. I am currently updating right now. Left the WiFi connected as mentioned on other threads and I saw the message on the App just now that said new update available, the time it stated was 45 minutes to install. So it’s Midnight now, 12:45am will check.

Free

Already had Dog Mode.

Attachments

• 472046E5-5C46-4BFD-B652-89207C6F7E5B.jpeg
    472046E5-5C46-4BFD-B652-89207C6F7E5B.jpeg
    473.6 KB · Views: 57
  • EB7AFBD6-1C76-48BE-B99C-84E4CA272F3D.jpeg
    EB7AFBD6-1C76-48BE-B99C-84E4CA272F3D.jpeg
    473.6 KB · Views: 51
I was in this situation and my car did abort.

Same here. Also had a situation a couple nights ago where EAP was changing lanes and I saw in my rear view a motorcycle gunning it in the lane I was moving to going probably at leas 20-30mph faster than surrounding traffic. I was about to abort to let the maniac go by when AP did it for me and then completed the lane change after the bike had passed. Pretty impressive.

Reactions: cybergates