Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 9 in August will start rolling out full self-driving features!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you think we are going to see a unified style for model 3 S X software? I mean...for example, are we going to have rounded corner more modern “switches” as they are drawn in Model 3 right now on Model S and X with V9?

Which is only the latest hedge after spinning up the hype machine back in June (which itself was the start of this very thread).

Elon Musk on Twitter

We all want this to go out asap but I'd rather have them do the show roll out, fix bugs as necessary - even if this delay the wife release, then do wide release.

Notice how he never even said general public will know about initial roll out information? We'll be lucky if we find out what features in v9 are, and definitely won't find out who's getting it.

We all want this to go out asap but I'd rather have them do the show roll out, fix bugs as necessary - even if this delay the wife release, then do wide release.

Notice how he never even said general public will know about initial roll out information? We'll be lucky if we find out what features in v9 are, and definitely won't find out who's getting it.

Our resident hackers have (apparent) sources in the EAP. It’s pretty safe to say that if we haven’t gotten word of it, nobody outside Tesla has it(Elon clearly has, at least, buttons for it)

FWIW, historically there's at least 5 cars on TeslaFi that is in the early access program. You'll see the same 5 cars go from odd-numbered update to odd-numbered update during testing phases.

So far, that hasn't happened yet, which leads me to believe that the beta program for v9 hasn't started yet.
Waiting for this Thursday for this to happen, going with tradition of updates getting rolled or wed/thu.

Was on the Tesla website and noticed they made major changes to the page. Also noticed a screen I've never seen before on my S. Has anyone else, or could this be 9.0?

Attachments

• TES9.jpg
    TES9.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 106
  • Informative
Reactions: PatrickCH4313
Was on the Tesla website and noticed they made major changes to the page. Also noticed a screen I've never seen before on my S. Has anyone else, or could this be 9.0?

Did you notice changes made just recently? They redesigned the site about a month and a half ago I think, around the time they opened up all North American Model 3 orders. It looks about the same to me now, no (very) recent changes. Now, granted, not everybody checks the website for updates every week, so a redesign a month and a half ago could very reasonably be new to you... ;)

As for that screen, that's just the same old seat warmers control screen. If you haven't seen it, perhaps you don't have seat warmers?

Did you notice changes made just recently? They redesigned the site about a month and a half ago I think, around the time they opened up all North American Model 3 orders. It looks about the same to me now, no (very) recent changes. Now, granted, not everybody checks the website for updates every week, so a redesign a month and a half ago could very reasonably be new to you... ;)

As for that screen, that's just the same old seat warmers control screen. If you haven't seen it, perhaps you don't have seat warmers?
Thanks - I guess I don't check it enough. Plus, i now wish i had the cold weather package

I actually know precisely when the new update will be transmitted to all Model S cars. Since I purchased my first Model S in 2013 (I am on #2 now), there has been an uncanny coincidence that major updates get distributed only when I am a long distance away from my car for an extended period. That way I can get the “update available” notice on my phone and be tormented for several days before I get back to my car.

Luckily for all of you, I leave on Sept 20 for a ten day trip (for you online thieves planning to use this information to break into my home, please contact my house sitter so she can lock up the dog before you break in). Thus I can almost guarantee a major update will happen between Sept 20 and Sept 30.

You’re all welcome.