Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 9 in August will start rolling out full self-driving features!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've noticed a lot of "promises" in my 2 years of ownership. 8.1 was to have on and off ramp for ap1, there was supposed to be a button to check for software updates, phone as a key for s and x, pay to upgrade your MCU to ver. 2, and my favorite: cloud saves for car info so when you got into a new Tesla and signed in your seats and mirrors and nav adjust.

In all fairness, and this has repeatedly been glossed over, the statement during the earnings call was that v9 would be going out to early access folks in August, with a wider distribution possibly in September.

Yes but before the earnings call Musk simply said V9 was coming in August, with the first FSD features. It was only subsequently that qualifications were added: (a) only beta testers in August, and (b) FSD features coming much later, like 9.1, and only with HW3.

In all fairness.

Yes but before the earnings call Musk simply said V9 was coming in August, with the first FSD features. It was only subsequently that qualifications were added: (a) only beta testers in August, and (b) FSD features coming much later, like 9.1, and only with HW3.

In all fairness.

Shouldn’t we go with the most recent information? By all means, call them out when they update their estimates, but then continuing to complain that they don’t seem to be meeting(your understanding of) the estimates before they were updated, and pretending the update never happened doesn’t make much sense.

I’d also note that the statement on FSD features was a separate one. You could connect the two in your head to assume they’re coming in the initial 9.0 release as well, but what was stated was just that FSD features would be coming in v9. I believe at the time, many people here were cautioning that he didn’t likely mean the initial v9 release.

Reactions: EinSV
Reminds me of when I was a kid reading Iron Man comics and there was a series where Tony Stark lost it and became an alcoholic...

...I had to google it....Demon in a Bottle - Nov. 79.
Iron_Man_128.jpg

Ok, NONE of my senses have felt a tremor in the force to make me believe anything v9 was coming "soon". Who knows maybe Tesla will pull a rabbit out of their hat it's happened before... Oh wait no it hasn't....

Which is exactly why I click the :p icon on all the V9 posts above. A week left in August (for the Early Access people) and I don’t believe any ONE Has received it yet. 6 Months maybe 12 months possibly 18 months hmmph

51k Miles is my pre-paid FSD car and still crickets

Reactions: pilotSteve
Actually after the "coming in August" there was another "in four weeks" post around the first week of August. That pushed the date to the first few days of September for the early access folks. Which, a month later, would put the general release in early October. If there's no hold-ups discovered in the early access program.

• Funny
Reactions: boonedocks