Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware Update 2018.12

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have never seen an elevator not close the doors when the button was pressed. This is really weird. Doors open and close controls work. I think they work 'slowly', but they do work. It may depend on when the system (elevator control) was installed... but, hm. Have to keep an eye on this now! Ridden in a lot of elevators, especially worked in several high-rises, and never had this experience.

Door open buttons do something, sure. But the doors close on their own, after a period of time - and in my experience, that's the same time it takes for the door close button to "work slowly" in every case where I've tried it both ways (which admittedly isn't that many. I'm curious, but not curious enough to spend extra time in elevators with a stopwatch.)

673CB4B6-CA4F-4DDC-BBAE-1D1483834F5C.jpeg
Hmm saw a large download from the car tonight and figured it’d be the maps. It’s been > an hour since it finished and still not there. Also, I thought I remember the maps update is ~5GB and this was 9.2. What on earth did my car just download(also, 300MB upload at the same time)?!?!

What Elon said was

New nav starts rolling out this weekend. Should be considered a mature beta at first, so won’t be perfect, but will improve rapidly. With the old system, we were stuck with legacy 3rd party black box code and stale data. No way to improve.

The important word that is starts! I still don’t have it but I assume that they are going to keep rolling them out during the next week or two, so I can just wait.

• Informative
Reactions: boaterva
View attachment 292169 Hmm saw a large download from the car tonight and figured it’d be the maps. It’s been > an hour since it finished and still not there. Also, I thought I remember the maps update is ~5GB and this was 9.2. What on earth did my car just download(also, 300MB upload at the same time)?!?!

Never mind, got the updated navigation this morning.

When I got into our MS this morning for my commute, I was pleasantly surprised to see the release notes screen announcing the new navigation. :)

I still need to read the appropriate thread to learn more about the benefits/features of the new navigation app. However, I can vouch for the accuracy of the red lines shown on my commute route.

We're still only either 60% of a recent good release (2018.10.4) or 35% of a 'full (2017.50.2 Ho Ho Ho)... so, 2018.12 is looking like it will be the start of the new nav, as Elon actually said, with others not getting it until 2018.14 (whenever, anything after 12 is the nav's base).

It's such a large download, perhaps they are really slow-rolling it!

upload_2018-4-6_15-14-6.png

Reactions: MelaniainLA
No need to agonize over being left out yet.
Oh, let’s not kid our self's. It wouldn’t be a Tesla community if nobody posted “I’m not on version xxxx.yy yet, should I call the SC and contact Elon on Twitter?!” approximately 10 minuets after it shows up on one of the firmware trackers. ;)

Last edited: