Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware update 2018.14.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m I understanding that AP1 cars already read street signs?
Yes but the display would change but not force the vehicle to slow down. It used to a year ago, but it stopped doing that a while ago. If I'm going 50 and speed changes to 35 it would stay 50. Now it will drop to 40. It was weird that it started before applied the update. I installed it and I'll see how it does on the way home from work today.

• Informative
Reactions: DoctorG
Yes but the display would change but not force the vehicle to slow down. It used to a year ago, but it stopped doing that a while ago. If I'm going 50 and speed changes to 35 it would stay 50. Now it will drop to 40. It was weird that it started before applied the update. I installed it and I'll see how it does on the way home from work today.

Funny, my son and I were discussing this yesterday on the way home up a city street. It always shows the speed at 50 when it’s clearly posted 45. Got 14.2 this morning and this afternoon it showed it at 45 about 20 feet after I passed the sign. It’s above me to determine what’s changed, but it did.

Still can’t summon from my app, though.

• Funny
  • Informative
Reactions: Dborn and DoctorG
What tool or router are using using to track data usage? I would love to have that in general for all of my home devices.

I use Google Wifi at home and the app allows you to monitor network usage from specific devices over a specific time period - so its usually pretty obvious when your Telsa is up to something. When I checked this morning, it showed that last night around midnight I received 6GB of data and then around 3-4AM I received another 5-6GB of data. Sure enough, this morning I had 2018.14.2 waiting for me. When I plugged my car in after getting home from work today, the nav update prompt displayed as well (so that explains the dual downloads last night).

Seems like a solid release after 2018.14, not getting the charge connector error anymore (although that problem mysteriously resolved itself two days prior to the update), and all the nav websites are loading fine. Just ran some fast.com and dslreports.com tests and I'm still consistently getting 9-13 Mbps (9Mbps was with only 1 bar of LTE).

What tool or router are using using to track data usage? I would love to have that in general for all of my home devices.

Btw- if you don't want to go the hardware route (although Google's Wifi mesh network is awesome) and your current router doesn't have these stats by default, if you have a compatible router you can always use a 3rd party firmware like DD-WRT to report on these stats. I'm sure there are some 3rd party network analysis software tools out there that can do the same thing.

You always seem to be on the latest release. Any tips you’d like to share? :)
Maybe because I’m a lonely Tesla up in the mountains of western PA? I love testing out every update I get, and I wish there was a beta program I could get into, although Elon’s magic check for update button he tweeted about will make all us crazies that foam at the mouth for firmware super happy! The maps update continues to elude me though.

Maybe because I’m a lonely Tesla up in the mountains of western PA? I love testing out every update I get, and I wish there was a beta program I could get into, although Elon’s magic check for update button he tweeted about will make all us crazies that foam at the mouth for firmware super happy! The maps update continues to elude me though.
I read few posts here that imply that maps are only rolling out in California at the moment. Don’t know if that is true though...

Reactions: fasteddie7
I use Google Wifi at home and the app allows you to monitor network usage from specific devices over a specific time period - so its usually pretty obvious when your Telsa is up to something. When I checked this morning, it showed that last night around midnight I received 6GB of data and then around 3-4AM I received another 5-6GB of data. Sure enough, this morning I had 2018.14.2 waiting for me. When I plugged my car in after getting home from work today, the nav update prompt displayed as well (so that explains the dual downloads last night).

Seems like a solid release after 2018.14, not getting the charge connector error anymore (although that problem mysteriously resolved itself two days prior to the update), and all the nav websites are loading fine. Just ran some fast.com and dslreports.com tests and I'm still consistently getting 9-13 Mbps (9Mbps was with only 1 bar of LTE).

This is the reason I prefer Google's app over Netgear's Orbi app. However for my current situation, Orbi was the better buy. :/

Reactions: SteelSully