Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware Update 2018.36 157b16d

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Twice in a row my uploads failed, first for 34 and now 36! First time it's ever happened...
I am not sure what to make of this post since one vote was a helpful and the other funny. And you did say upload vs download but ...

Forgetting this actual post and responding to failed fw updates:

I kept getting these when I had an open issue with a battery warning. I called Tesla and they stated as long as the car has a warning state on it, it will fail any fw updates. Sure enough when I swapped out the 12v battery the next day the fw updated.

I am not sure what to make of this post since one vote was a helpful and the other funny. And you did say upload vs download but ...

Forgetting this actual post and responding to failed fw updates:

I kept getting these when I had an open issue with a battery warning. I called Tesla and they stated as long as the car has a warning state on it, it will fail any fw updates. Sure enough when I swapped out the 12v battery the next day the fw updated.
I am confused by his post as well, I think he meant to write update, he wouldn't know if the download itself failed.

When the car senses low 12V / 12V battery wear it won't let the car update.

By the way, it is a very brave move to swap the 12V battery yourself..
Most owners wouldn't dare take the frunk trim out.
You know it could void all your warranties immediately?!
(I'm just kidding, no one should be afraid to do these simple things. It's almost just like any other car's 12V battery, you can swap it any time you want)

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: MelaniainLA