Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First P85D adopters stuck in black hole

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fingers crossed for @gpetti, @NOLA_Mike and @andrewket. Are there others?

I'm happy for everyone that there is movement. Unfortunately for me, it's too late. The car won't make it here before my trip. Since I won't be able to take delivery until 2015 anyway, I have reordered my car. The wait will be painful, no doubt about it. Now if it switches to preparing for shipment tonight..

Went into production on 11/25. Still there...

Last edited:
I've exited the blackhole! Production complete as of 630pm!

Okay I'm getting excited for all the folks who've escaped the hole, but now it looks like I'm the last on on the other thread still stuck in the "11/21 Black Hole"! Still "In Production" despite me refreshing My Tesla page every 5 seconds.

I guess this is a good sign though! Maybe I've been prioritized lower since I'm picking up at Fremont and they don't need to ship it.

Who knows. I've stopped trying to figure it all out. I'm just going to watch this video over and over again (I always have liked this song): :biggrin:

Muse - Supermassive Black Hole (Original Music Video) 3D Full HD 1080p - YouTube

Okay I'm getting excited for all the folks who've escaped the hole, but now it looks like I'm the last on on the other thread still stuck in the "11/21 Black Hole"! Still "In Production" despite me refreshing My Tesla page every 5 seconds.

I guess this is a good sign though! Maybe I've been prioritized lower since I'm picking up at Fremont and they don't need to ship it.

Who knows. I've stopped trying to figure it all out. I'm just going to watch this video over and over again (I always have liked this song): :biggrin:

Muse - Supermassive Black Hole (Original Music Video) 3D Full HD 1080p - YouTube

It all makes no sense. With that said, seems like they're working through the blackhole cars quickly and you're probably gonna see completed tomorrow!

I'm happy for everyone that there is movement. Unfortunately for me, it's too late. The car won't make it here before my trip. Since I won't be able to take delivery until 2015 anyway, I have reordered my car. The wait will be painful, no doubt about it. Now if it switches to preparing for shipment tonight..

Went into production on 11/25. Still there...
I'm with you. Looking forward to joining you on the 2015 thread. I'm not sure if they have consciously stopped working on my car due to my reorder but the paperwork hasn't processed yet so I don't know. Either way still in production.

btw in for pizza though it does sound pretty disruptive.

12/1 Here still in production, with any luck it will finish up tomorrow and be able to catch the same truck as a few of the others coming to the mpls SC that finished up today. My DS said that it will likely ship out at the end of the week so here's hoping for sooner than later.

I wonder how that works if they're offering a retrofit when the new seats are available? What happens if in the meantime I accidentally hit the seat with something sharp or otherwise damage them. Will they swap them out still with new ones no charge? *shrugs*

I'm assuming they can't ship my now-used seats back to Fremont for someone else's car...

Probably will be used for repairs or for people wanting the improved old style seats for comfort reasons.

I vote for a P85D meetup sometime in the spring at the Geographic Center of the Conterminous United States. Seems like a fair point for all. :)

Can I come with my 85D, assuming I have it by then?

I'll go in on the pizza if that happens as well.

I'm with you. Looking forward to joining you on the 2015 thread. I'm not sure if they have consciously stopped working on my car due to my reorder but the paperwork hasn't processed yet so I don't know. Either way still in production.

btw in for pizza though it does sound pretty disruptive.
Hmm, they're not building my car so what the heck.
fire when ready.

- - - Updated - - -

Probably will be used for repairs or for people wanting the improved old style seats for comfort reasons.

Can I come with my 85D, assuming I have it by then?

I'll go in on the pizza if that happens as well.
think you can be an honorary member.

- - - Updated - - -

Its hard to know if everyone has updated the spreadsheet, but there are clearly still a significant number of us in the waiting stage. I'll probably hold out until the bitter end and take delivery as late as 12/31 if that's what it takes.
Maybe someone could put a ceremonial line through mine though i may update the complete date t ever comes back.

Still in the hole... since 11/25. Sent an email to the Costa Mesa delivery team expressing desire to re-order. Will call them tomorrow to discuss.
Maybe we can continue this thread or start a new one for those of us that reordered. I'm waiting for the paperwork to go through.

- - - Updated - - -

Still "building" after 21 days and counting (since 11/24).

Meanwhile, other folks here in Seattle with P85Ds that went into production last week just had their cars arrive.

Kinda sucks.
I agree, that is what really makes it more difficult. It s not just the time - I waited longer for my first car - but having pushed the button early, and being a previous customer - allegedly being given preferred treatment, it feels like being punished to sit and watch the other cars go by so to speak.