Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First P85D adopters stuck in black hole

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fellow P85DBHers,
I talked to my DS.
He responded to my request on an update on the car with "Your car is in general assembly, we are just taking it slowly on the P85D's to make sure we get them right."

I stopped him there and said that it was clear from the tracking going on in the forum, that is just not a true statement. There are many cars that went in well after mine (and many others here) that are getting completed in 4-5 days. So something specific to the cars started between 11/22-11/30 is going on here,.

He said he understood my concern and said he would make a request to the factory for someone to go and find my car on the floor to figure out what is going on.

I proactively offered that I have heard that the next gen seats are causing a delay and I would be happy to take the regular seats now and the next gens later. He then advised me that there was a note on my order saying that I wouldn't be getting the next gen seats upon delivery. Interesting that they just made that call without asking me, but I didn't complain since I was offering to do that anyway.

So I await hearing on the update from the factory floor, which should come by the end of the day. Apparently there are multiple requests for floor tracking right now.....

Ross

Last edited:
Although I'm still in the black hole, I just spoke to my DS and she assures me that I'm in the final final inspection and that she is pretty sure I'm going to be released to shipment today. She also says that I am one of a fairly small number of cars that will be shipped with next gen front seats and old gen back seats, like many of the test drive units. She says that in Raleigh there are three such cars coming where the rest of them will have performance seats front and back. She didn't offer any insight into why some were that way and some were the other way. I'm holding a scheduled delivery date of 12/27, but I'm pretty sure I will show up down there whenever the car does.

Question to those who have reordered: Have you been able to roll over your deposit, or did you lose it when you cancelled? I'm trying to determine the trend as I enter the "reorder" process myself. Started production 1-December, still in production.
I have been able to do this.
What might be more contentious is that my first order came in at $143,000 CDN and the new price is $146,000. Although I voluntarily reordered I'm hoping that the mitigating circumstances will influence this discussion when I have it. I probably should have broached it when I first asked about reordering but I was initially only concerned about my deposit.

What might be more contentious is that my first order came in at $143,000 CDN and the new price is $146,000. Although I voluntarily reordered I'm hoping that the mitigating circumstances will influence this discussion when I have it. I probably should have broached it when I first asked about reordering but I was initially only concerned about my deposit.

I just called one of my DS's to get more information on this. I wasn't told anything about a price increase during my re-order discussions. Perhaps its a CAN<>USD price fluctuation? DS wasn't aware of a new price book, but is looking into it.

Just for fun I re-configured mine and the amount is exactly the same. Looks like you previously ordered in the initial window when base P85D price was CAD$ 99,999.- and a few days later is was raised to CAD$ 103,000.- That would account for the $ 3,000.- difference.

Just for fun I re-configured mine and the amount is exactly the same. Looks like you previously ordered in the initial window when base P85D price was CAD$ 99,999.- and a few days later is was raised to CAD$ 103,000.- That would account for the $ 3,000.- difference.

I didn't realize they raised the price by $3k. I now at least take some solace in the fact that I'm 'saving' $3,000 by spending some time in the hole!

I also didn't realize they stopped selling the P85. If you want the P, gotta take the D, now

Nice!

I might have to stop reading these threads at some point. My happiness at seeing my fellow early adopters popping out of the black hole will probably just turn to pure envy at some point, followed by regret, denial, anger.....

I think I'm already to that point - 25 days and counting. No news. Watching Andrew's delivery thread and seeing more cars start and finish production is starting drive me insane, when all I want to do is be able to drive in insane mode! Plus I keep refreshing my "My Tesla" dashboard once or twice an hour expecting a different result - isn't that the definition of insanity?

(and yes I realize I sound like an impatient spoiled brat saying all this so I apologize, but if I said if my happiness for others wasn't devolving into extreme jealousy, I'd be lying!)