Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First P85D adopters stuck in black hole

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if it was timing or my email, but the stars aligned and successfully escaped the black hole! I got a response Wednesday night (12/17), my car was on the truck Thursday afternoon, arrived in Portland Friday, and I took delivery yesterday. I have the next gen seats in the front and current gen in the rear. No heated steering wheel, but I'm hoping for a retrofit sometime in the future.

I posted my initial thoughts here:
http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/show...ons-upgrading-from-a-P85-(October-2013-build)

Has anyone suggested that the heated steering wheel will be retrofittable? I was told explicitly that it wasn't.

ProdComplete.png

Finally out of the BH. Now how long til it heads East... the Saga continues.

Yep... I bet we all run into each other at the service center!

My two cars are suppose to arrive today or tomorrow. Happy to share my delivery experience with any of my fellow Toronto Tesla owners. I will post the exact date and time. After that you can all come to my house for a test drive party. We'll see how quickly we can drain both batteries.

Oh ... and you can also test drive this ... it supposed to be delivered tomorrow morning to my house.

IMG_5922.jpeg

My two cars are suppose to arrive today or tomorrow. Happy to share my delivery experience with any of my fellow Toronto Tesla owners. I will post the exact date and time. After that you can all come to my house for a test drive party. We'll see how quickly we can drain both batteries.

Oh ... and you can also test drive this ... it supposed to be delivered tomorrow morning to my house.

View attachment 66664

Does it come with next gen seats ;) haha.

I remember you posted a pic of this earlier, friends car right? Looks nice!

No, but they said the same in the past about the + conversion, parking sensors, and folding mirrors. It seems like every time something new comes out the immediate answer to a retrofit is 'no'.

Thanks. I guess it depends on whether one is willing to take a chance on that or not. I guess I've picked a more safe bet but being told there was no retrofit was certainly part of my bet. Hopefully I don't have to wait too long to get my "safe bet".

Yes ... it has next gen seats and no this is not my friend's car. His is 2 weeks old. This is brand new. Being delivered tomorrow morning.

They do not have a retractable door handle option and sadly it has 225hp less than the P85D. But it makes noise!

Looks beautiful, a friend of mine kept trying to convince me to buy a GT3 instead of a P85D. Sadly, I don't have the garage space for both. Congratulations on your deliveries, going to be a fun few days at your place! And welcome back. :smile:

Thanks. I guess it depends on whether one is willing to take a chance on that or not. I guess I've picked a more safe bet but being told there was no retrofit was certainly part of my bet. Hopefully I don't have to wait too long to get my "safe bet".

Well it appears I already have my new VIN so fingers crossed I won't have to wait until nearly March. New VIN is 69359 which is way up there.
I haven't looked at the spreadsheet lately but it seems like there might only be a couple of us that bailed on the black hole.

That's the 911 I'm still missing. Virginia is part of Toronto, isn't it?

I'm scheduled to pick up my P85D car tomorrow, and my DS said that he is 'unable to tell me' (words chosen carefully?) whether it has the next-gen seats installed. I am not whining, really, but isn't this uncool? I expect he would be unhappy if I were 'unable to tell him' whether I have the funds to pay for the car. I've been patient with all sorts of other things that many of us have had to deal with. I just don't understand why the secrecy about my seats? Similar answer from DS regarding heated steering wheel.