Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fisker ocean - UK forum

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Beta software shouldn’t be an issue for ex Tesla drivers as most Tesla software is in seemingly permanent beta
You have not clearly experienced buggy beta software or buggy software. If there is a threshold to call something buggy software both Tesla (since 2021) and Apple since 2014-15 would be on the highest point means less buggy software wise compared to any other competitor. I think the repeat updates and so on has spoiled consumers so much we label any inconvenience or inconsistencies as bugs and unable to live with them. They both created this expectation and that is what they have to live up to unfortunately.

I remember test driving one of the known legacy automakers (do not want to name it as people don’t like their favourite brand been exposed) and their connected app was a nightmare, you plug in you lose all the phone stuff on ur phone but a big connected app logo and you can use only the screen and that was so buggy you lost your will to live just to make a phone call. Now this is what a bug is and they didn’t know how to think from a software perspective. Tesla was never like that even in their 2013 time.

Btw when I started this thread as Fisker forum there was no intention to find out about Fisker owners views. It was just a thread to find out buying Fisker as the price was competitive and cheaper than Y at that time. I don’t think Fisker or Rivian can become the next Tesla but that is my personal opinion.

Reactions: pdk42
You have not clearly experienced buggy beta software or buggy software. If there is a threshold to call something buggy software both Tesla (since 2021) and Apple since 2014-15 would be on the highest point means less buggy software wise compared to any other competitor. I think the repeat updates and so on has spoiled consumers so much we label any inconvenience or inconsistencies as bugs and unable to live with them. They both created this expectation and that is what they have to live up to unfortunately.

You cannot compare Tesla and Apple (or any other non vehicle scenario) bugs. Tesla bugs are in a vehicle where they are potentially fatal, not only to the user but others too. Apple bugs are in a mobile phone where it is a bit of an inconvenience to the user.

I'm just glad that Tesla energy only make batteries and not nuclear power stations.

• Funny
Reactions: FastLaneJB
I agree entirely. The bugs I’ve experienced with Tesla (be it the car software, the app, or the back-end) are very minor compared to what I saw with the VW ID3 that my wife had. For example, the software in the car to do scheduled charging was a hot mess that just didn’t work at all. It took VW TWO YEARS to fix it.

the software in the car to do scheduled charging was a hot mess that just didn’t work at all. It took VW TWO YEARS to fix it.

I've seen a few YouTubes from Battery Life [He is entertaining] about VW ID3 software update (he's as VW Pro Fan as the Tesla Pro Fans here ... but objective).

I think he said it was 8 hours to run the OTA update, and the car had to be left alone for that period. Important not to have any emergency use requirement :)

This is legacy Auto, with "everything outsourced", trying to a) learn how to be, and transition to become, a software company and b) herd-cats to get all the outsourced-suppliers' various "stuff" integrated. Tough project.

Whereas Elon came from a software background, and whether that rubbed off, or Luck / Serendipity, his everything-inhouse works wonders for making the vertical integration aspects of the software an awful lot easier.

Reactions: Sean. and pdk42
Would still be interesting for you to post an honest review and couple pictures after a week or so. I’m yet to have seen one on our shores so curious about the competition for the same price range
Oh deffo. Will certainly be back. I think honest real world experience and opinion is way more valid than any marketing guff.

In the words of Arnold... I'll be back.

Reactions: WllXM and Sean.
You cannot compare Tesla and Apple (or any other non vehicle scenario) bugs. Tesla bugs are in a vehicle where they are potentially fatal, not only to the user but others too
I wasn’t if you read the whole of my comment. I just said Tesla and Apple are the two software companies that create their product with such a cohesive interface even if there are bugs compared to mainstream products they are way better.

Now what level of personal danger those bugs pose is a different conversation and if Teslas bugs are that dangerous I am sure the regulators wouldn’t have cleared the product or the ultimate decider consumer wouldn’t have bought it. You can’t deny the success story of Tesla whatever your views are about Elon or the company or the product.

This is one of the cars I’m interested in w hen I also tell the Musk to shove it. Id be really interested to know what you think so it would be great if you stay on this forum and let us know what you think.

And ignore any petty and unnecessary comments from people who are incapable of imagining life outside their Musk/Tesla bubble. It’s pointless adds nothing constructive to the conversation.
Totally. Will report back after a few weeks of ownership.

Bet you said that about your previous car as well when you bought it 🤣 .... come back in 3-4 years time and let us know:rolleyes:
Yeh i did. But here's the difference...

I went from a 9 year old VW Passat CC that had 140k miles on it to a Tesla M3P. It was game changingly different. The car was in a different league.

This time around, I'm comparing like for like. It's a mid-premium EV that is designed similarly to the M3P, top of the range and is very much new to the market.

I bought the M3P without having test driven one. I have done the same with the Fisker.

So when I say it's better, in my opinion, it really is.

Reactions: Whyone and Doudeau
Thats about it....what you knew then, and you know now and what you will know in 3-4 years time.

So far you what you are telling us contradicts reports from longer time owners.

Again, come back and let us know in 3-4years time 👍
Whatever, bro. I didn't realise you were the authority around here.

I was just trying to shed a bit of light on what is a relatively unknown new brand that could well have a bright future. As a new make, people are interested in how the thing runs, works, etc. No need to be smart about it

Yeh i did. But here's the difference...

I went from a 9 year old VW Passat CC that had 140k miles on it to a Tesla M3P. It was game changingly different. The car was in a different league.

This time around, I'm comparing like for like. It's a mid-premium EV that is designed similarly to the M3P, top of the range and is very much new to the market.

I bought the M3P without having test driven one. I have done the same with the Fisker.

So when I say it's better, in my opinion, it really is.
It’s good to go different. You’ve definitely veered into cool territory with the Fisker. There’s not many about. Hope they look after you and the car works out well 👍

Reactions: MrBadger
Well, the not so bad news is that Fisker won’t go under for at least the next three months…
IMG_3305.jpeg

Reactions: spdpsba
Well, the not so bad news is that Fisker won’t go under for at least the next three months…
View attachment 1002088

Which is exactly the same situation that Tesla were in and look at where they are today. Although I can see Fisker ending up in a slightly different position, which might be a very good scenario for some and a contradiction for others.

I expect many would love a Tesla monopoly in the EV business and would love Fisker to go bust (im seeing likes to that already), but that's putting monetary and idealistic self interests ahead of the many benefits of having choice.

• Funny
Reactions: spdpsba and Js1977