Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fisker ocean - UK forum

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The true believers don’t believe in choice. Just see how they react to the idea of a car brand letting you choose options on your car
Yes, it would be nice to have a choice, such as they did with the yoke for the stalk. At the end of the day everyone has a choice, you either buy it or you dont. Its actually a very simple choice with the later opening up a plethora of choices 🤷‍♂️

I'd like to see Fisker do well and thrive. There's less choice of EV's for us in RHD vs LHD markets and theh are one of the few to launch LHD and RHD at the same time. Most others are like "Yes we plan to launch in RHD, maybe in 2 - 3 years time". Where is Rivian, Lucid and a whole host of Chinese brands you can get in LHD US or Europe but not in UK?

They deserve kudos for this and I hope they do well.

Reactions: Js1977
I’m not sure we are really missing that much:

Lucid - only sell £100K+ cars and only a few thousands a year.
Rivian - only sell massive trucks and SUVs in pretty low volumes and also cost £80k+

China cars: we have MG, Ora and BYD. The only notable exception that is shipping in any meaningful volume is Nio and Xpeng but they are pretty expensive.

For me the notable cars we don’t get currently are the Dacia Spring and the old but now discontinued Renault Twingo EV.

Reactions: boombap
I’m not sure we are really missing that much:

Lucid - only sell £100K+ cars and only a few thousands a year.
Rivian - only sell massive trucks and SUVs in pretty low volumes and also cost £80k+

China cars: we have MG, Ora and BYD. The only notable exception that is shipping in any meaningful volume is Nio and Xpeng but they are pretty expensive.

For me the notable cars we don’t get currently are the Dacia Spring and the old but now discontinued Renault Twingo EV.
Just because they are expensive doesn't mean some in the UK cannot afford them. Lucid sell the longest range EV around, yes its expensive but they'd shift some in the UK.

I'd probably have brought a Rivian R1S if they offered it. It would no doubt be more than £80k here as that would be dirty cheap for what it is. I'd agree the R1T probably would be a waste of time bringing to the UK.

Nio is massive and their battery swap system is interesting.

Hell even Tesla doesn't bother with their top models in the UK. Seems all these makes think RHD is only worth it on middle to low price cars and we aren't worthy of anything high end, low volume.

Infact a quick Google tells me London is the city with the third highest amount of supercars in the world. The money is there if the cars turn up and are desirable.

Last edited:
Hell even Tesla doesn't bother with their top models in the UK. Seems all these makes think RHD is only worth it on middle to low price cars and we aren't worthy of anything high end, low volume.

Which does make you wonder.

What I mean is that I am surprised to see the Fisher on our shores so early for a startup in todays environment. I would of thought they would make more of a name and profit for themselves with the LHD cars which serves most of the planet before messing around with RHD units.

Which does make you wonder.

What I mean is that I am surprised to see the Fisher on our shores so early for a startup in todays environment. I would of thought they would make more of a name and profit for themselves with the LHD cars which serves most of the planet before messing around with RHD units.
Well LHD serves 2/3 of the planet but the problem with RHD is there is a large amount of low income countries in there and not many high. Japan is a big market but mostly only buy their own cars. RHD at the high end is probably just for a few countries like UK, Ireland, Australia and some wealthy Asian countries. As India pulls itself up the ranks, RHD will become more important.

But yes this is why I hope Fisker do well. They've not ignored RHD or said they'll come here when they have a future budget model which fits more of the RHD market better.

Frankly I'm hoping when steer by wire becomes more common, it'll actually be pretty easy and cheap to swap cars from LHD and RHD than it is now.

Just because they are expensive doesn't mean some in the UK cannot afford them. Lucid sell the longest range EV around, yes its expensive but they'd shift some in the UK.

I'd probably have brought a Rivian R1S if they offered it. It would no doubt be more than £80k here as that would be dirty cheap for what it is. I'd agree the R1T probably would be a waste of time bringing to the UK.

Nio is massive and their battery swap system is interesting.

Infact a quick Google tells me London is the city with the third highest amount of supercars in the world. The money is there if the cars turn up and are desirable.
Yes, I’d have a RHD Lucid.

Reactions: FastLaneJB
Fisker Ocean ads coming up often - they have got 4 models ranging from I think £34990. And the prices are in pounds for a LHD market. Not sure anyone have reserved one? If so, any response?

Good competition for both 3 and Y in terms of price.

Checked the UK forum no relevant threads related to it other than few in US forum.

If you need further information:
www.fiskerinc.com
Guys
Really consider if this company will survive
My guess is BYD or some other chinese company will acquire
One with deep pockets but needs to do the brand fake out like Geely/Volvo/Polestar and SIAC/MG
This brand takeout is sad
Imagine SAAS coming back under the chinese

Yeah from what I know or have read they are pretty loyal at buying their own car makes for the most part. Seeing as they aren't yet big players in the EV space this doesn't help with our selection. Of course there's always Toyota with their solid state battery..
When it finally does ship.

Tricky one. They have previous.

Then again the same sorts of rumours etc circulated around Tesla in 2018 prior to the "ramp". Tesla came very, very close to sinking. Lest we forget.
Sadly I don't think the odds are good which would be a shame. Its nice to have some fresh brands and car choices. It's not just the switch to an EV power train but for the first time in a long time this is also giving us fresh brands. Not all can survive though and they includes some of the legacy brands as well.

So I went to MK yesterday and I had a test drive of an Ocean as find it an interesting car so was curious. A few points:

Good
  • Test drive car was on 70% with 270 miles of range showing left. I think this is really damn good.
    • This has to be a GOM as 100% wouldn't equal their WLTP but means it's estimating 385 miles on 100% based on how that car is driven in the winter.
    • This was a car on 22inch, you need the smaller 20's as always to get the highest range.
    • Test route didn't have any 70's but had some 60's and obviously floored it a few times in different modes to see what it's like.
    • It was warm as had just come back from a test drive before but they didn't look very busy at all so they might be cold running.
    • Low temps, maybe 6C I think I remember yesterday.
  • The suspension on 22's is very good. I don't think anyone in UK will have issue with that.
    • It's not air suspension but it was soaking up bad roads and we went down some really nicely.
    • Much better than a Tesla and more than good enough for our roads.
  • California mode is cool, you are close to convertible with just pillars around you
    • The solar roof also opens up and does so with an opening far bigger than I've seen on any car I've ever had where the panoramic roof opens. People in front and even rear seats will have sky and not roof over their heads
  • The taco trays as they call it make sense to me. I never use my glovebox really so wouldn't miss it but these might get use on occasions.
  • Was expecting a lack of video apps but it had Prime Video, Apple TV+, Disney, YouTube and maybe odd other one, mainly missing was Netflix but it'll probably come.
  • Screen in back arm rest to control climate and heated seats. It's just a mono screen but would do the job.
  • Not as fast as a Model 3 Performance but still pretty quick. Feels like it skips on the instant jerk and smooths that a bit then builds power instead. I kind of like that, similar to Eletre.
  • Looks good and a nice selection of colours and interiors.
  • Was expecting back space to be tight but took my 6 foot eldest along and he said he had loads of space. So roomy.
  • Warranty is 6 years or 60,000 miles which ever comes first. Think that's pretty good. Battery was of course even longer.
Undecided
  • Seats were maybe not massively padded. Hard to know if this might be an issue on long journeys or with the nice smooth suspension would be fine.
  • Heatpump was pretty loud. Not sure it's a bad but certainly when kicked on in their showroom they quickly turned it off so maybe people didn't notice.
  • Both accelerator and brake were a bit spongy. You need to push the pedals a bit more for anything to seem like it's happening. Not sure it's bad, just different.
  • Unsure on the region braking, seems you need the brake but it'll regen also but test drive not long enough to really make my mind up here.
  • Boot isn't massive but probably big enough for most, a bit of underfloor for cables but not really much else.
Bad
  • Car mentioned low battery on startup yet it had 70%. I did a quick Google on this and it seems the car doesn't yet properly charge the 12V from the High Voltage battery so it would be that. That's an issue that they obviously will after to resolve quickly
    • Front bonnet doesn't open so to charge the 12V you have to pop some trim and remove some bolts as saw a video on this. So not easy to charge yourself.
  • Again from a google when I was looking about low battery, it seems the car has massive vampire drain. Can loose like 3 - 4% a day which is stupid and that also needs fixing. You'll be wasting massive amounts of range and electricity when it's parked up currently.
  • Infotainment is pretty slow. It's not unusable but think more old Land Rover / Jaguar before their current Pivi Pro.
    • Not a deal stopper but it probably would annoy you, especially if you were used to Tesla which is the other end of the scale.
  • Personal one for me but music apps it only had Spotify. I'm an Apple Music person but some others might want Tidal as the other common choice. Hopefully they add at some point but compared to the video apps, this was lacking.
I think for range and comfort alone, it's a solid choice but they need to sort the 12V issue and the vampire drain before I could ever tell anyone to buy one. If they can do something to improve the infotainment speed then they deserve to do quite a few sales. Just not sure they will and bit risky on if they'll be around for the long haul.

Yes, I’d have a RHD Lucid.
I'd be right up for that as well to be honest. Also different kind of car but I'd quite fancy a R1S also.

Last edited:
Oh should also add, it's got physical controls for heating and volume below the central screen. That's a big plus if you ask me as commonly used controls and don't need to hunt on a touch screen for them.

Oh and my son does some detailing work and he said the orange peal on the paintwork was all over the place so he wasn't impressed with their paint job. Being a regular human, it looked OK to me 😂

Infotainment is pretty slow. It's not unusable but think more old Land Rover / Jaguar before their current Pivi Pro.
  • Not a deal stopper but it probably would annoy you, especially if you were used to Tesla which is the other end of the scale.

I think I read in one of the early descriptions for UK delivered cars that the infotainment system was some temporary affair awaiting more recent hardware to be retrofitted for free sometime this year.

Reactions: FastLaneJB
Oh should also add, it's got physical controls for heating and volume below the central screen. That's a big plus if you ask me as commonly used controls and don't need to hunt on a touch screen for them.
Perhaps it's just us but we don't tend to change the temperature settings, and volume controls on the steering wheel seem best for us. Neither of these preferences of ours are unique to the Tesla.

The Fisker does seem to have many things in its favour and I am glad that the EV market is growing. Choice is good.

I think I read in one of the early descriptions for UK delivered cars that the infotainment system was some temporary affair awaiting more recent hardware to be retrofitted for free sometime this year.
So I had a look on this also yesterday and it’s estimated to come in Q1 2025 and the One’s will get it free but others it’s potentially a $3k upgrade. If you are leasing or doing PCP with no plan to keep it then seems a waste to bother.

In theory they cannot probably get it as fast as a current Tesla as I believe the hardware is basically about the same as the Intel Atom in the older Tesla’s. So at best they can get it as responsive as one of those but it is a good ways off that still.

• Informative
Reactions: MrBadger
Perhaps it's just us but we don't tend to change the temperature settings, and volume controls on the steering wheel seem best for us. Neither of these preferences of ours are unique to the Tesla.

The Fisker does seem to have many things in its favour and I am glad that the EV market is growing. Choice is good.
Yes for the driver this is fine. Just it’s a bit annoying when misses is fiddling with the temp and I want to know where I’m going on the map. It’s not major and you can live without it but still think it’s a bonus to have vs not.