Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Florida Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm sorry you are feeling this way. Don't get to upset, ive been told that the wait is hard, but the car is worth every moment. I know the teams don't give out answers, and seem to push customers away after they placed their orders, but in the end i think you will be very happy.

PS. Slavin was my original SA, Then i moved my order to Fort Myers with Britney. lol I hate her.
ROFL That sucks you got a new SA. But I get what you mean; I have been waiting years for a Tesla, and when I finally got the okay to do it...of course everyone else seems like they did, too :p Never seen it get pushed back so much on their site to now read December (if that is true). I am more than excited though, I really do not mind waiting, but what has me worried is I have a trade-in value of $4000 more than I paid on my current car, and I have a deadline of Aug 28th to send it (Carvana). If I can at least get a rough estimate on the EDD, I can show my family to get a little help on some car borrowing for a couple of days a week. I recently rechecked the value to see if I might as well wait...well, the value tanked $4000, so I would still make around what I paid (still good for a car I used for only 10 months).

ROFL That sucks you got a new SA. But I get what you mean; I have been waiting years for a Tesla, and when I finally got the okay to do it...of course everyone else seems like they did, too :p Never seen it get pushed back so much on their site to now read December (if that is true). I am more than excited though, I really do not mind waiting, but what has me worried is I have a trade-in value of $4000 more than I paid on my current car, and I have a deadline of Aug 28th to send it (Carvana). If I can at least get a rough estimate on the EDD, I can show my family to get a little help on some car borrowing for a couple of days a week. I recently rechecked the value to see if I might as well wait...well, the value tanked $4000, so I would still make around what I paid (still good for a car I used for only 10 months).
Yea i feel you, all i know is it a long wait, no one knows anything about your car, and you have to sound desperate on the phone, for them to give you soft match date. Soft matches are more steady. Call the Orlando Store and say something like "Please can you help me find my car, no knows anything about it, and im on a emotional rollercoaster, this wait is almost ruining me" make sure to sound like you have lost all hope. *Tested* It works. They might give you the soft match date, the soft match date if the date your car will be produced. This number can change but seems more accurate than what you are looking at now. When you are on the phone don't use the word "soft match" if not they will say things like, oh we aren't allowed to offer that information. ;)

Yea i feel you, all i know is it a long wait, no one knows anything about your car, and you have to sound desperate on the phone, for them to give you soft match date. Soft matches are more steady. Call the Orlando Store and say something like "Please can you help me find my car, no knows anything about it, and im on a emotional rollercoaster, this wait is almost ruining me" make sure to sound like you have lost all hope. *Tested* It works. They might give you the soft match date, the soft match date if the date your car will be produced. This number can change but seems more accurate than what you are looking at now. When you are on the phone don't use the word "soft match" if not they will say things like, oh we aren't allowed to offer that information. ;)
AHAHAHAAHAHA, I will begin cutting some onions and get ready to call ROFL!!!!! Oh man, thanks for the tip; I will try it for sure and see what information I can get. I will give it some time, though since I placed my order last week; I figure next week should be a good time to start freaking out on them :p but it is worth the wait. I have test drove them so much over the years (probably shouldn't have), and it has been the car I have always wanted. I had a Leaf, but it only got me so far, and it just didn't have the "wow factor" of a Tesla or even the drive. When I drive, I want to enjoy it, and in a Tesla, I just did...I never even wanted to stop driving. As sad as it sounds, this is a car that will get me to go out more. It will be the best birthday/graduation gift, so I am ready for it. Going to call Carvana, though, and see if I can work magic on extending my trade-in by 30 more days. I will promise them not to add more than 500 miles to make it more worth it (I only drive 2 miles to work and 5 to school, since Oct 2020, my car has 1442 miles).

You should be getting a VIN soon; I hope to hear some good news from you about that. Even better when pictures are thrown in :D

• Funny
Reactions: Ormond and CSTARZZ
AHAHAHAAHAHA, I will begin cutting some onions and get ready to call ROFL!!!!! Oh man, thanks for the tip; I will try it for sure and see what information I can get. I will give it some time, though since I placed my order last week; I figure next week should be a good time to start freaking out on them :p but it is worth the wait. I have test drove them so much over the years (probably shouldn't have), and it has been the car I have always wanted. I had a Leaf, but it only got me so far, and it just didn't have the "wow factor" of a Tesla or even the drive. When I drive, I want to enjoy it, and in a Tesla, I just did...I never even wanted to stop driving. As sad as it sounds, this is a car that will get me to go out more. It will be the best birthday/graduation gift, so I am ready for it. Going to call Carvana, though, and see if I can work magic on extending my trade-in by 30 more days. I will promise them not to add more than 500 miles to make it more worth it (I only drive 2 miles to work and 5 to school, since Oct 2020, my car has 1442 miles).

You should be getting a VIN soon; I hope to hear some good news from you about that. Even better when pictures are thrown in :D
I’m sure as soon as I get my Vin number, everyone is going to know about it. I’m super excited. Although a lot of my friends say that I need a little bit of psychiatric help, with as much as I talk about this car. LMFAO

Reactions: Samier_RN
I’m sure as soon as I get my Vin number, everyone is going to know about it. I’m super excited. Although a lot of my friends say that I need a little bit of psychiatric help, with as much as I talk about this car. LMFAO
LOL, I know exactly what you’re talking about. When somebody asks about how the regen brake system works and you go into full detail about how it works. Then they just look at you like you are some weird freak, yeah good times. Funny thing is I’m not a car guy, I’m a tech guy but for this car I wanted to learn the ins and outs of it. It’s such a pleasure when you show somebody or even just teach them about it.

Reactions: Ormond and CSTARZZ
LOL, I know exactly what you’re talking about. When somebody asks about how the regen brake system works and you go into full detail about how it works. Then they just look at you like you are some weird freak, yeah good times. Funny thing is I’m not a car guy, I’m a tech guy but for this car I wanted to learn the ins and outs of it. It’s such a pleasure when you show somebody or even just teach them about it.
Same. I'm not a super car guy, but is this really a car? you feel me? This car is more like a new iphone, its allllll technology. Not even engine in this car, its all tech that drives.

I just tried your method and it worked!!. I called the tampa SC just now and first thing they did was put me on a 10 minute hold. This was my 4th time calling today - tried 3 times this morning no one picked up. I didn't need to sob but I expressed concerns with financing offer expiring, not being able to reach my SC and being pushed back with trade in expiration. he asked for my phone number and said he was going to look within their system for whats going on.
Then he said he sees a soft match date and gives me the disclaimer of not set in store but soft match says the car is scheduled to be finished building between 8/7-8/15 and EDD of 8/22 but I'll know more once the VIN is matched soon. He also said the financing has expired even though it says done on my screen but he's going to have my SA - Slavin call me to discuss that. I wanted to scream no, someone else please but we'll see what happens.

I don't know if I should get my hopes up or not. lol

I just tried your method and it worked!!. I called the tampa SC just now and first thing they did was put me on a 10 minute hold. This was my 4th time calling today - tried 3 times this morning no one picked up. I didn't need to sob but I expressed concerns with financing offer expiring, not being able to reach my SC and being pushed back with trade in expiration. he asked for my phone number and said he was going to look within their system for whats going on.
Then he said he sees a soft match date and gives me the disclaimer of not set in store but soft match says the car is scheduled to be finished building between 8/7-8/15 and EDD of 8/22 but I'll know more once the VIN is matched soon. He also said the financing has expired even though it says done on my screen but he's going to have my SA - Slavin call me to discuss that. I wanted to scream no, someone else please but we'll see what happens.

I don't know if I should get my hopes up or not. lol
I have tested the soft match dates.....called many store compared them within 9 days called 3 different times, and the soft date is stable. Told you it works, just sound like you are dying on the other side of the phone.

😂 😂 😂 Poor Slavin!

I have tested the soft match dates.....called many store compared them within 9 days called 3 different times, and the soft date is stable. Told you it works, just sound like you are dying on the other side of the phone.

😂 😂 😂 Poor Slavin!
So Slavin just FINALLY called me back. He wasn't as excited as he was when we ordered and he was texting me every 2 hours to complete my delivery profile. He said things should be done in a couple of weeks. I asked for a specific date and he said he doesn't like to give out dates or soft matches without a VIN. He did re-enable financing and asked me to complete it and I said no, I'm going to wait for delivery date. He said to do the application once the VIN shows. Sucks I have to get another hit on the credit report when we could have waited to do that.
Oh well. I guess there's a light at the end of the tunnel.

As of today

August 28 - September 17

Order date July 30th

MYP White on White no AP.

trading in my 21 MY LR white on white to a wholesaler and getting paid more than what I purchased my car for new. Hence the upgrade.
I've read of people getting more than they paid for their tesla. This is the first time I'm hearing of a car appreciating in value. Usually the value drops once you drive off the lot. In this case, it's the opposite. Would have loved the white interior especially with the FL heat but I don't trust my 2 little kids enough. If only they offered the cream version in the X.

• Love
Reactions: CSTARZZ
I've read of people getting more than they paid for their tesla. This is the first time I'm hearing of a car appreciating in value. Usually the value drops once you drive off the lot. In this case, it's the opposite. Would have loved the white interior especially with the FL heat but I don't trust my 2 little kids enough. If only they offered the cream version in the X.

super strong demand not enough inventory.

BTW the white is easy to maintain. Get a baby wipe and presto. Clean.

Reactions: CSTARZZ
@CSTARZZ so I heard about the $500 you are talking about but I have a question. I’m all about the more range the better but have you ever tried the MYP, or anyone for that matter. I got ahold of someone in Tampa finally and was told that the MYP would arrive sooner than the LR but my question is, is the jump in price worth the loss of range and lower suspension (granted that can be adjusted). I’m trying to figure what I know I can get sooner than the unknown of later. I was fortunate enough to have reservation at the price of $49,000 MYLR so it’s a big jump. I’m just curious since I don’t mind spending the extra since Tesla holds great value but also because I’ll be keeping this car for a LONG time (unless another crazy market happens in 3 years and I can upgrade for free rofl). Just trying to get some insight from what others would do. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

@CSTARZZ so I heard about the $500 you are talking about but I have a question. I’m all about the more range the better but have you ever tried the MYP, or anyone for that matter. I got ahold of someone in Tampa finally and was told that the MYP would arrive sooner than the LR but my question is, is the jump in price worth the loss of range and lower suspension (granted that can be adjusted). I’m trying to figure what I know I can get sooner than the unknown of later. I was fortunate enough to have reservation at the price of $49,000 MYLR so it’s a big jump. I’m just curious since I don’t mind spending the extra since Tesla holds great value but also because I’ll be keeping this car for a LONG time (unless another crazy market happens in 3 years and I can upgrade for free rofl). Just trying to get some insight from what others would do. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
OK so we figured out the $500 in a different thread. Apparently when you change the model of your car you are now locked into the new price, not just what the model costs, but all the extra price increases that Tesla has added to that model. It also happens if you change your color, or your rims. Your price of your car changes because it also goes with the price increase because your low price is no longer locked in since it’s a new order

OK so we figured out the $500 in a different thread. Apparently when you change the model of your car you are now locked into the new price, not just what the model costs, but all the extra price increases that Tesla has added to that model. It also happens if you change your color, or your rims. Your price of your car changes because it also goes with the price increase because your low price is no longer locked in since it’s a new order
Ooooooooof that is completely rough and not liking that news.