Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Florida Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone have any Xpel tint recommendations in the Orlando area? Tint Man blocked me from their Insta page for simply asking why they chose to do 20% instead of 30% film for a match on the 2 front doors of a MYP. The place I typically go carries FormulaOne, but their 30% has a 33% VLT and would be lighter than the factory smoked windows, and so far I've had no luck getting him to place an order for the 25% roll that would be a dead match for the rears.

Might have to roll over to Tampa if all else fails and check out Auto Paint Guard. XR Black 30% seems like it would be a very close match for the OEM rears.
I recommend Tinterz near MCO. Great service and have 3M tint.

Reactions: solodogg
Anyone have any Xpel tint recommendations in the Orlando area? Tint Man blocked me from their Insta page for simply asking why they chose to do 20% instead of 30% film for a match on the 2 front doors of a MYP. The place I typically go carries FormulaOne, but their 30% has a 33% VLT and would be lighter than the factory smoked windows, and so far I've had no luck getting him to place an order for the 25% roll that would be a dead match for the rears.

Might have to roll over to Tampa if all else fails and check out Auto Paint Guard. XR Black 30% seems like it would be a very close match for the OEM rears.
I ended up going with Llumar Pinnacle Ceramic at 30% on the fronts and it is pretty much a perfect match with the rears in darkness and color...though not sure how that would compare to Xpel 30%. I did 50% on windshield. Tint Studios in Riverview.

It rained yesterday so car is dirty lol. Also I'm terrible at taking pictures.

aCLNEG5.jpg

Reactions: voxel
It rained yesterday so car is dirty lol. Also I'm terrible at taking pictures.

aCLNEG5.jpg

pic isn't showing up unfortunately.

The guy I typically use does Pinnacle 30 and that's what I've got on my M3P. I was hoping to talk him into buying a roll of Pinnacle 25, but so far no luck with that. Xpel XR 30 is spec'd at 31% VLT while Pinnacle 30 measures 33%. Not a huge difference, but might be enough for my extremely picky eyes. I believe most Pinnacle films are designed to create the rated percentage when on glass, while most other films end up darker once they're on the glass.

Hi everyone, I had a VIN assigned to me yesterday for my MYP (black external, white interior, no other options). However, delivery is set for Feb 25th - March 1st down here in south FL. Unfortunately, I may be traveling during this time for work and, if so, I will not be able to take delivery. I cannot put the order on hold since it was already on hold and Tesla will auto cancel. My SA has tried to unmatched me but I keep getting matched to the same VIN. He did let me now that someone else can be matched to the VIN if they want to take the car and this would allow me to get matched to a new VIN. If anyone is interested in being assigned my VIN for taking delivery of the MYP by the end of this month send me a message. Based on what the SA has told me, this MYP will have the intel processor.

Hi everyone, I had a VIN assigned to me yesterday for my MYP (black external, white interior, no other options). However, delivery is set for Feb 25th - March 1st down here in south FL. Unfortunately, I may be traveling during this time for work and, if so, I will not be able to take delivery. I cannot put the order on hold since it was already on hold and Tesla will auto cancel. My SA has tried to unmatched me but I keep getting matched to the same VIN. He did let me now that someone else can be matched to the VIN if they want to take the car and this would allow me to get matched to a new VIN. If anyone is interested in being assigned my VIN for taking delivery of the MYP by the end of this month send me a message. Based on what the SA has told me, this MYP will have the intel processor.
What if you change something, like the color. Then they have to re-match you and after a few weeks you switch it back to the origional color

Blue/White/20s/TOW

Original order July 24th
Rejected delivery Nov 8th
Placed on hold until 1/1/22

Jan 5th - Estimated Delivery January 21 - February 16
Jan 20 - Estimated Delivery February 11 - March 11
Feb 2 - Estimated Delivery February 17 - March 3
Feb 5 - VIN !!
Feb 9 - Scheduled Delivery for Feb 25th!

Of coarse I happen to NOT be here that week and they only gave me a 3 day window. I called and they said unmatch VIN or have a friend pick up car. AWESOME! after waiting 6 months they cant accommodate 2 days!

Blue/White/20s/TOW

Original order July 24th
Rejected delivery Nov 8th
Placed on hold until 1/1/22

Jan 5th - Estimated Delivery January 21 - February 16
Jan 20 - Estimated Delivery February 11 - March 11
Feb 2 - Estimated Delivery February 17 - March 3
Feb 5 - VIN !!
Feb 9 - Scheduled Delivery for Feb 25th!

Of coarse I happen to NOT be here that week and they only gave me a 3 day window. I called and they said unmatch VIN or have a friend pick up car. AWESOME! after waiting 6 months they cant accommodate 2 days!
They can have a friend pick up? If you are leasing or taking a loan, you need to be there, no? You paying cash?

They said I will be able to sign everything on the app. To give the license plate to my friend and send a picture of his license to the rep that will contact me from store. 25% cash, the rest financed through them (wells)

I just ordered last week, 2/5. Had VIN show up this morning. Unfortunately I was hoping it wouldn't be this fast with all the reports of Intel chips making their way back in again.
Intel again? In large numbers? Where can I see hard evidence that recently produced vehicles (and not just newly assigned vins) are being built with Intel? Are we seeing cars with lithium 12V batteries AND Intel chips?