Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Florida Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know this is not Model Y waiting related but I did have to wait for the charger and it is for my model Y :)
What gives….
Ordered the 18’ Tesla Wall charger. It arrived today. Does anyone know if this thing is supposed to come with bolts? There is nothing in the box. After checking the Tesla Shop there is a Wall Connector Fastener Kits available for $20 that is comprised of
  • 1x hex bit (4mm)
  • 1x zip tie
  • 4x wall connector-to-wirebox fasteners
  • 2x wirebox-to-wall fasteners
Shouldn’t these have already come with the $500 wall charger? At the very minimum one would needs the 4x wall connector-to-wirebox fasteners to secure the charging unit the the back wirebox. They sell spare wirebox’s separately thus wondering if I was supposed to have gotten the fastener kit.
Thanks
Max

I know this is not Model Y waiting related but I did have to wait for the charger and it is for my model Y :)
What gives….
Ordered the 18’ Tesla Wall charger. It arrived today. Does anyone know if this thing is supposed to come with bolts? There is nothing in the box. After checking the Tesla Shop there is a Wall Connector Fastener Kits available for $20 that is comprised of
  • 1x hex bit (4mm)
  • 1x zip tie
  • 4x wall connector-to-wirebox fasteners
  • 2x wirebox-to-wall fasteners
Shouldn’t these have already come with the $500 wall charger? At the very minimum one would needs the 4x wall connector-to-wirebox fasteners to secure the charging unit the the back wirebox. They sell spare wirebox’s separately thus wondering if I was supposed to have gotten the fastener kit.
Thanks
Max
Mine came with everything needed to mount it on the wall. Check the image I attached and the manual over here, it’s got a list with pictures of everything that is suppose to be supplied in the box. Did you open the actual charger housing? I think some of the stuff may have been inside of it.

Attachments

• 3ED6C00E-1408-4C39-9453-A5F5869474AA.png
    3ED6C00E-1408-4C39-9453-A5F5869474AA.png
    266.1 KB · Views: 54
  • Helpful
Reactions: Ormond
Mine came with everything needed to mount it on the wall. Check the image I attached and the manual over here, it’s got a list with pictures of everything that is suppose to be supplied in the box. Did you open the actual charger housing? I think some of the stuff may have been inside of it.
Yes, opened the housing thinking it would be in there but nothing. I have the main unit and backing, same quick start guide with the SSID network name sticker shown in your picture, the cardboard templet to drill the holes and that’s it. The install guide you linked, did a printed version come in the box? If so, I didn’t get that either.

Yes, opened the housing thinking it would be in there but nothing. I have the main unit and backing, same quick start guide with the SSID network name sticker shown in your picture, the cardboard templet to drill the holes and that’s it. The install guide you linked, did a printed version come in the box? If so, I didn’t get that either.
I’d have to double check. I think a printed version did come in the box. Pretty sure I saved the box in the attic. Definitely used the PDF though when the electrician came to do the dangerous (not really) part.

Well, that was fast. I changed from a MYLR to MYP on Sunday, got a VIN today and delivery is scheduled between Sept. 11 and 17. It is wild to me that they moved so fast for the MYP. But I get it, $$.

As I expected, after 30 days, my trade-in value with Tesla dropped by over $700. I’m trading in a 2014 impala that I purchased used, so I wasn’t expecting much. However, carvana is offering significantly more, so I’ll pivot to trading my current vehicle in with them.

Well, that was fast. I changed from a MYLR to MYP on Sunday, got a VIN today and delivery is scheduled between Sept. 11 and 17. It is wild to me that they moved so fast for the MYP. But I get it, $$.

As I expected, after 30 days, my trade-in value with Tesla dropped by over $700. I’m trading in a 2014 impala that I purchased used, so I wasn’t expecting much. However, carvana is offering significantly more, so I’ll pivot to trading my current vehicle in with them.
Pros and cons, you'll be paying sales tax on the difference of you trade your car in with Tesla so I would see if it's worth it first. Have you tried CarMax?

Pros and cons, you'll be paying sales tax on the difference of you trade your car in with Tesla so I would see if it's worth it first. Have you tried CarMax?

Oh yeah, I checked with CarMax and Carvana. Carvana is offering nearly $2K more, so I'm planning to decline the trade-in offer I previously accepted with Tesla and trade my current car in to Carvana.

Make sure Carvana is offering about $2000 more than Tesla. Your tax is reduced if you trade in so you want to make sure the extra Carvana is paying covers the full tax. If the difference is not much, you end up losing by paying full tax on the car. It will be different for everyone but do the calculations.

Edit. Never mind, I see you did the calcs on your later post. I’ll leave this here in case it helps anyone else.

• Helpful
Reactions: Ormond and DMateo
Well, I just hit a point that I am actually very unhappy with. I just watched my Oct 16th time frame jump back to December now and what blows my mind is that the MYP would be here in 3-4 weeks, and they claim the "least popular and less ordered" model, so they have extras. I do not know how true that is, but it is actually getting concerning now. This sounds bad, but I am tempted to order the MYP, enjoy it while I can, and sell it once I get a VIN for my MYLR, LOL. Yeah, this is very odd lately, and I understand the fires/hurricanes and everything but the MYP has seen the timeframe sink while the MYLR jumps into forever territory. But yeah, just trying to think about what I want to do now because I was hoping to get the car in October, and normally I am not worried about EDD until I checked today, and that jumped way too far back. Does anyone else have that happen?

PS If I did want to do what I said, I am keeping the MYLR order and prefer it because I got both the car and FSD for the lowest prices.