Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Florida Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
$695 at Tint America in Delray. I’ve used them in the past and always had good results. Was thinking of trying out Xpel for the first time, but couldn’t be bothered to wait for an appointment or wait for the shop to order the darker films, just wanted to get out of the fish bowl now and be able to roll the windows down by this weekend. They’ll do the windshield in ceramic for an additional $175 or in crystalline for $250. I also talked to them about their process for the windshield and he said all the right things. They’re aware of the electronics and the need to make sure absolutely no water gets down in there. 👍🏻
Nice, I am going to give them a call. See if they can squeeze me in.

Reactions: pcmike
Hey by any chance do you or anyone know if FPl has off peak rates for ev’s ? I am getting mixed info. Thanks lmk.
My understanding is that they don't. You can opt for budget billing, or choose to have peak/off peak rates based on your usage. What they essentially do is charge you less per kWh when you're using more energy but then offset by charging you more for the times when you're using less energy. In my opinion, that's essentially a wash. Opted to not have budget billing, and in my opinion, being charged more for part of the day to save a buck during the other is moot.

PS: Budget billing basically looks at your usage patterns and charges you the same dollar amount every month, whether it's summer or winter (no matter the time of year).

Last edited:
Reactions: Crisro
My understanding is that they don't. You can opt for budget billing, or choose to have peak/off peak rates based on your usage. What they essentially do is charge you less per kWh when you're using more energy but then offset by charging you more for the times when you're using less energy. In my opinion, that's essentially a wash. Opted to not have budget billing, and in my opinion, being charged more for part of the day to save a buck during the other is moot.

PS: Budget billing basically looks at your usage patterns and charges you the same dollar amount every month, where it's summer or winter (no matter the time of year).
Agreed peak/off peak appears moot. Don’t know why but after years I decided to try budget billing for a year. I hated it. Much prefer to have a few high bills during peak summer then What felt like higher bills throughout the entire year. Then there were adjustments every now and then which I was told told was necessary adjustments based on usage. When I called to opt out of budget billing FPL was really pushy on trying to keep me on it. First few months I paid nothing as I ended up having a credit balance at time of opting out. That was my personal experience, I’m sure it works for others. Happier just paying for what I use.

Reactions: Crisro and DMateo
$695 at Tint America in Delray. I’ve used them in the past and always had good results. Was thinking of trying out Xpel for the first time, but couldn’t be bothered to wait for an appointment or wait for the shop to order the darker films, just wanted to get out of the fish bowl now and be able to roll the windows down by this weekend. They’ll do the windshield in ceramic for an additional $175 or in crystalline for $250. I also talked to them about their process for the windshield and he said all the right things. They’re aware of the electronics and the need to make sure absolutely no water gets down in there. 👍🏻
What % did you do on all the windows. Even the front two also?

My pick up date is tomorrow. Insured as of yesterday. MYLR Black on Black, 7 Seater, Gemini. Ordered May 9th 2021.

Ordered a second Tesla Wall Charger since Tesla does not get back to me by phone, or from their online shop support email. A few posts back I mentioned mine arrived new factory sealed with no mounting bolts or instructions. I’ve put in a request to return the first unit after ordering the second but have not gotten a response for that either. I need a in home high speed charger or the car is useless to me. The nema plugs I ordered did not arrive either.

Ordered Tesla Shields but will place an order for the complete 7 seater Maxpider 3D set. Which ever comes first. They look about the same except the Teslasheilds in my opinion are nicer without the chrome logo.

Next will be the ceramic tint, coating, and PPF the whole car. Maybe I’ll eventually get to drive it.
Max.

• Funny
Reactions: Ormond and pcmike
My pick up date is tomorrow. Insured as of yesterday. MYLR Black on Black, 7 Seater, Gemini. Ordered May 9th 2021.

Ordered a second Tesla Wall Charger since Tesla does not get back to me by phone, or from their online shop support email. A few posts back I mentioned mine arrived new factory sealed with no mounting bolts or instructions. I’ve put in a request to return the first unit after ordering the second but have not gotten a response for that either. I need a in home high speed charger or the car is useless to me. The nema plugs I ordered did not arrive either.

Ordered Tesla Shields but will place an order for the complete 7 seater Maxpider 3D set. Which ever comes first. They look about the same except the Teslasheilds in my opinion are nicer without the chrome logo.

Next will be the ceramic tint, coating, and PPF the whole car. Maybe I’ll eventually get to drive it.
Max.
Laughing at that last part; ain’t that the truth! I’m guessing it’s straight to Mario from the DC?

I got the maxpider mats all around for the M3 from Amazon, but I’ve already ordered the Tesla Shields for the MY so I have them on hand. The maxpider set worked out to almost double the Tesla Shields and I’m honestly not sure that’s worth it (if they were both available at the same time). It is what it is though, wife starts driving it next week and can’t not have mats.

Max.
See I went with the Amazon floor mats by super liner and got the full set for $150 and absolutely love the material and feel. Fits snug and works for what I need it to do. As for the speed charger, I hope you gets it worked out in time. My order I placed last week is finally shipping out today (tire repair kit and nema).

Max.

Max.
I drove mine from the dealer in WPB right to Mario, such a tease! But I did hit 130 on Okeechobee for what it's worth :)

Just got back from a shop who could put on some bumper PPF immediate and black out the chrome emblems. I feel so bad not going to Mario for all this stuff, but honestly I needed it done ASAP. My wife starts to drive this M3 basically tomorrow and I can't have things not in order before she gets her hands on it. I'm gonna get all my ducks in a row ahead of the MY delivery so that I don't have to go rushing around to different shops to accomplish different things right away. So far since we took delivery of the M3 I've gone and done 3M Ceramic 15 on every window (except windshield), got full set of Maxpider mats and liners, installed rear bumper PPF (to protect against luggage being pulled out of the trunk), blacked out the only chrome (the emblems), and I still have the following coming in.. air filter grill, cup holder insert, door inserts, and frunk and trunk sill protector set (carbon fiber). I still think at some point I might tint the windshield in Ceramic 50 (or 70) and I think I might also order the slide away console storage box. I'm also still waiting for the first OTA update so this M3 can actually charge to 262mi.

And to keep this on topic... still not back to having an EDD for the MY. :(