Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Florida Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got some new information to add, but first let me explain. So when a car comes factory tinted you multiple that window’s VLT by the VLT of the film you’re considering putting on top of it and divide by 100. For example, it’s well known the MY rears and back are “tinted” (within the glass not a film on top) and have a VLT OF 24 and the fronts have no tint whatsoever. So if you use Xpel XR Plus 5 on the front, which has a true VLT of 5 and you want the rears to match you would need to bump up the film you put on the rear to Xpel XR Plus 20, which has a VLT of 18. This would give you ~4.32 on the rears which is close the 5 on the front.

I received some new information with regards to the roof…. apparently the roof is essentially a 5 from the factory AND DOES IN FACT reject heat! You can see that in these post below…

I did a 70 on the roof, don't always trust the manufacturer with that stuff so it was more of a CYA for me.

Reactions: Hurricane4911
You can go into your app, or call, to change pick up date. You should have a date range open to you to select from. If there is no Oct 2nd call in to your SA. See if they can input the date. I had a similar issue when mine appeared Being out of town. Just don‘t wait to try and change it. My friend was out of town and had to come back early (this was WPB location) to get is car a day earlier than he planned since they told him it would be reassigned if he waited that extra day.
Saw your car today at Mario's, looking good! Heard about some of your woes with the Service Center, very unfortunate and you're not alone. Completely missed that you also got yours in black... Now he's got 3 in black at the same time!

You and I are pretty much aligned by date and location.

Mine remains 10/23 - 11/12
This is weird; I initially had that November timeframe and was completely fine with it...now this means if my new EDD is true, I need to start planning on my tint location and purchasing the last remaining items. I will wait until the weeks shrink though, my luck is that October will turn to December. I was okay with November for that small tinnie tiny chance of a Texas model but not holding my breath on it anymore.
Seems like you're really enjoying that model 3
I am just loving the Tesla lol. I still hate the low ride, I just hate getting into the seats. I do love the "Entry mode" setup though, that has helped me get in and then position me after I get ready but I still prefer that MY raise. Honestly, if it was not for that I would keep this car hands down. Love everything about it. I do NOT need AWD and the car has gone above and beyond my expectations for an RWD with a lower range but I have had no issues. I took it for a road trip to Jacksonville with no issues, I love love love it. It has been a grand experience that I will not forget. ROFL with this new EDD though, I need to sell my M3, BUT it is perfect because it is bringing in more than what I paid, nearly $4,000 more thanks to the Carmax offer I got. So the M3 was a huge win/win for me. Still debating if I should Private Sell this one since it is an LFP pack and with how far the SR+ has been pushed back.
Mine is one day before yours, mine is Oct 2- Oct 22. Wpb location
Excellent, when did you order?

I need to sell my M3, BUT it is perfect because it is bringing in more than what I paid, nearly $4,000 more thanks to the Carmax offer I got. So the M3 was a huge win/win for me. Still debating if I should Private Sell this one since it is an LFP pack and with how far the SR+ has been pushed back.

I'm curious... will you make $4000 before taxes or after?

I need to sell or trade in my ID.4 also (I was hoping for March/April delivery). I suspect I will lose $4K after all the tax + dealer fees + add-ons even with the $7500 tax credit. Maybe I should have bought an Model 3 :)

This is weird; I initially had that November timeframe and was completely fine with it...now this means if my new EDD is true, I need to start planning on my tint location and purchasing the last remaining items. I will wait until the weeks shrink though, my luck is that October will turn to December. I was okay with November for that small tinnie tiny chance of a Texas model but not holding my breath on it anymore.

I am just loving the Tesla lol. I still hate the low ride, I just hate getting into the seats. I do love the "Entry mode" setup though, that has helped me get in and then position me after I get ready but I still prefer that MY raise. Honestly, if it was not for that I would keep this car hands down. Love everything about it. I do NOT need AWD and the car has gone above and beyond my expectations for an RWD with a lower range but I have had no issues. I took it for a road trip to Jacksonville with no issues, I love love love it. It has been a grand experience that I will not forget. ROFL with this new EDD though, I need to sell my M3, BUT it is perfect because it is bringing in more than what I paid, nearly $4,000 more thanks to the Carmax offer I got. So the M3 was a huge win/win for me. Still debating if I should Private Sell this one since it is an LFP pack and with how far the SR+ has been pushed back.

Excellent, when did you order?
I too, sat in the November window for about 10 days, then moved forward to my current Oct-Nov window. Yep, "Texas 2.0" is not on the table any more.

I'm looking at EV Studio in Tampa for ppf and tinting.

Reactions: Samier_RN

I need to sell or trade in my ID.4 also (I was hoping for March/April delivery). I suspect I will lose $4K after all the tax + dealer fees + add-ons even with the $7500 tax credit. Maybe I should have bought an Model 3 :)
Curious... What's making you want to get rid of your ID.4 so quickly?

Reactions: Samier_RN
Curious... What's making you want to get rid of your ID.4 so quickly?

Like Samier_RN and his Model 3... my ID.4 was plan B (filler car) until plan A (Model Y, Mach-E, or RAV4 Prime) arrived in 6+ months time.

I considered keeping the ID.4 (RWD model) because it drives so smoothly (out of the dozen CUV/SUVs I test drove) but an "electrical system failure" that shut off the car left me unconfident in it. Dealer found no error codes either. I do not want to be a VW beta tester. Sure... I can live with software bugs but not severe hardware glitches. The next revision of the ID.4 should be a massive hit. It's a fantastic daily driver... better than CX-5s, Tucson, RAV4s, Outbacks, etc. that I tested.

I tend to keep my cars for up to 10 years... and the current ID.4 is not a car I want to keep that long. Probably not even three years. Given the current used market... I suspect I can exit ownership without major losses (i.e 15% depreciation) like in any normal year. Unsure of the Model Y or Mach-E are my "10 year" cars either. but again I can probably sell in this market without major losses in 2022 if I hate the car. I'm no longer interested in PHEVs like RAV4 Primes after driving a BEV...

What I probably want is an Outback EV... lol. Maybe that's an Rivian R1S?

So I paid $44,000 total. Carmax is giving me $47,000 and it seems carguru is offering $44,987. Carmax I spoke to someone about this M3 having the LFP battery pack so my original $45,000 offer got bumped. Carguru I’m trying to speak to someone to let them know the difference. Carvana nothing so far, vroom still waiting, auto trader said too new for them to offer (I literally got the car on the 19th so I get it might not be in their auto checker system. Either way, it’s all been a win. If I get a delivery date in the next 7 days, Carmax will get the car.

I did test someone’s M3 2021 from July and carvana, webuyanycar, auto trader, and vroom rated it at $42,000-46000 (which technically is still a win since the car before taxes and delivery is $41,000.

Reactions: voxel