Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Florida Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where’s @Samier_RN and @Hurricane4911 these days? Ready to order your next Y to get the new battery packs and chassis? Happy with your Ys?
Ummm I already put 2000 miles in the bad boy. I absolutely love driving and can say I'm completely happy. Sure, would it have been cool to get these updates, yeah but enjoying the car now is much better. Resell is still higher but my MS has been pushed back until June so I'll enjoy it until then :) sorry I'll post more pictures soon.

• Love
Reactions: voxel
Ummm I already put 2000 miles in the bad boy. I absolutely love driving and can say I'm completely happy. Sure, would it have been cool to get these updates, yeah but enjoying the car now is much better. Resell is still higher but my MS has been pushed back until June so I'll enjoy it until then :) sorry I'll post more pictures soon.
Nice!

My August order is arriving Wed. I still have $300 in accessories (mats, etc) from my demo Y that I never installed. Lol.

Check out this Xpel XR Plus quote I just got from a local shop…

View attachment 762380

Is this even real life? 😬🤷🏻‍♂️

Wow...last time I did Xpel XR+ on my Model 3 it was $1k on all glass.

This time on the Y Im only doing front windows and windshield, which is around $500, although Im considering just during the XR since with the + I didn't really felt a lot of heat rejection compared to when I used the XR on other cars. Visibility at night is already bad to over-tint the rear windows and hatch.

Last edited:
Updated delivery date for our MYP at Eatonville as of this morning, now 2/17-2/27 from 2/14-3/14. Getting closer...
Ahhh Eatonville…what a location…

Picked up my Y from there yesterday…never again…worse location ever.

I have been to the Cherry Hill in NJ and Fort Myers locations, which where really nice!

But Eatonville, looks like they don’t know how to prioritize tasks. Arrived at 2:30pm and didn’t leave until 3:45pm. Bunch on window shoppers or people flexing for the gram. Next time I’m flying or driving somewhere else.

Ahhh Eatonville…what a location…

Picked up my Y from there yesterday…never again…worse location ever.

I have been to the Cherry Hill in NJ and Fort Myers locations, which where really nice!

But Eatonville, looks like they don’t know how to prioritize tasks. Arrived at 2:30pm and didn’t leave until 3:45pm. Bunch on window shoppers or people flexing for the gram. Next time I’m flying or driving somewhere else.

Eatonville is just way too small of a location for this market. Most if the window shoppers should be diverted to Florida Mall instead, but that doesn't seem to happen. The SA's at Eatonville have all been good to us, but they definitely have a lot going on over there.

There's an old dealership at 436 and 414 in Altamonte that would be a MUCH better location for Tesla than right along I-4 in a packed lot. The Merritt Island location even has more space, and they serve about 1/4 the customers that Eatonville does.

Eatonville is just way too small of a location for this market. Most if the window shoppers should be diverted to Florida Mall instead, but that doesn't seem to happen. The SA's at Eatonville have all been good to us, but they definitely have a lot going on over there.

There's an old dealership at 436 and 414 in Altamonte that would be a MUCH better location for Tesla than right along I-4 in a packed lot. The Merritt Island location even has more space, and they serve about 1/4 the customers that Eatonville does.

That old dealership lot would perfect for Tesla. It's been sitting empty for the 10 years I've lived in Maitland/Altamonte. If Tesla grows they can buy or build a parking lot next door where Seminole State College is. That grass field is used a overflow parking for students.

Reactions: solodogg
Can you share the shops name?
I was hesitant to post the name of the shop because I still don’t have my MY yet and therefore have not personally had them do any work for me and I also don’t know anyone who they’ve done work for… yet, either. At any rate, I reached back out to the owner and confirmed the following… 1) it is Xpel XR Plus, 2) it is for every window including the windshield, but not the roof, 3) the film is cut on the car to ensure the edges are done properly, 4) the price for a MY is $400. Sounds like an extremely good deal and based on this confirmation, I, do intend on taking my car to them when I get it! That being said, I now feel comfortable passing along what shop it is and would love to hear about any of your guys’ experiences if you decide to use them!

The shop is “Exotic Wraps” in Boca Raton, FL. Their website is… Exotic Wraps – Exotic Wraps in Boca Raton services color change vinyl wraps, commercial fleet, and boat wraps. Woman-owned with 5-star custom work.

Please, if anyone uses them, feel free to mention my name and definitely please report back to us how everything went!

Reactions: solodogg
I was hesitant to post the name of the shop because I still don’t have my MY yet and therefore have not personally had them do any work for me and I also don’t know anyone who they’ve done work for… yet, either. At any rate, I reached back out to the owner and confirmed the following… 1) it is Xpel XR Plus, 2) it is for every window including the windshield, but not the roof, 3) the film is cut on the car to ensure the edges are done properly, 4) the price for a MY is $400. Sounds like an extremely good deal and based on this confirmation, I, do intend on taking my car to them when I get it! That being said, I now feel comfortable passing along what shop it is and would love to hear about any of your guys’ experiences if you decide to use them!

The shop is “Exotic Wraps” in Boca Raton, FL. Their website is… Exotic Wraps – Exotic Wraps in Boca Raton services color change vinyl wraps, commercial fleet, and boat wraps. Woman-owned with 5-star custom work.

Please, if anyone uses them, feel free to mention my name and definitely please report back to us how everything went!
Thanks! I don’t have my MY yet but I know windows is something i will get done. I’ll be giving them a call when it comes. I’m currently Feb 19 - mar 5 window.

Reactions: pcmike

Well they didn't came up as an XPEL authorized installer...for that price I could stop by on my way to Miami...but I don't know...too good to be true and not on XPEL web ⛳⛳⛳

Picked up today with 1 defect a nick on the spoiler.

Just finished putting all the wind noise reduction door seals, mudflaps, Several RPM mods that dampen wind noise . The rpm vent covers, and gutter covers. I also installed my homelink from my previous model y. Just needs to get activated via software.

Tomorrow it goes to ev design studio for PPF and tints.

Good luck to the rest of you.

Attachments

• 20220201_172224.jpg
    20220201_172224.jpg
    437.2 KB · Views: 66
$1300 vs $400. As long as the film is legit and the installer is competent… I’d rather save the money. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Most definitely, but then again, why is it XPEL XR + so expensive at 99% of shops being this one the exception? Or is it just a gimmick that shop uses to inflate the prices?

Same thing with the Y roof, some shops will tell you you don't need to tint it because is already rejecting like 90% of heat, and some others tell you you have to tint otherwise you will burn inside 😆. Thats when you have to do your own research and in fact the roof rejects as much heat like in the 90's%.

Other thing with XPEL films is that you get a warranty booklet for the film in case it goes bad you can go to any XPEL shop and have it replaced, but then again it needs to be authorized installer.

Most definitely, but then again, why is it XPEL XR + so expensive at 99% of shops being this one the exception? Or is it just a gimmick that shop uses to inflate the prices?

Same thing with the Y roof, some shops will tell you you don't need to tint it because is already rejecting like 90% of heat, and some others tell you you have to tint otherwise you will burn inside 😆. Thats when you have to do your own research and in fact the roof rejects as much heat like in the 90's%.

Other thing with XPEL films is that you get a warranty booklet for the film in case it goes bad you can go to any XPEL shop and have it replaced, but then again it needs to be authorized installer.
Even if it goes bad and you have to pay another $400 (highly unlikely), it’s still cheaper than $1300. Metro areas are completely overpriced; this is probably a normal price in middle America. 🤷🏻‍♂️