Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Florida Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
4 months in and we have a crack in the windshield from one end all the way to the middle. Tesla has no openings till 2/17 and satellite says it is going to take 3-4 weeks to get the glass from Tesla.
Looks like a small rock impacted where the arrow is pointing and it cracked all the way to the middle right away.
9907FB7A-48F3-4B21-882D-CCDCEB6A89AE.jpeg

Reactions: voxel
@voxel you think you’ll get a 4680 pack? I’m sitting at 2/4-3/4 and it would be nice to get 4680s. 😬
No. Not for my MYLR that's arriving next week. VIN is "NF" so it's Freemont.

However, I have a MYP order in my backpocket without the registration + delivery info filled out. $2K cheaper than current prices. I will "profile complete" it when I hear about Austin VINs.

However, I have a MYP order in my backpocket without the registration + delivery info filled out. $2K cheaper than current prices. I will "profile complete" it when I hear about Austin VINs.

I think that there is a good chance that the M3 and MYP will stay in Fremont for 2022. I believe only the MYLR Demos are coming from Austin but if our not in a hurry hold off on your profile until we get some solid info.

Last edited:
Well I now have to 2.5 week window - March 12 - March 31
Im going to have to keep my eye on the Austin delivery start dates to see if I want to hold or not.
Hey @voxel

Living the dream 😀
Spending less time on FL Delivery thread and more time researching tech stuff.

Mrs. 'Cane is now convinced her next car will be a Tesla. Our community has about 6 Teslas residing here, and someone has stepped forward to organize a Tesla/EV club. My first road trip will be to the Cape for the Falcon Heavy launch in March. Later this year, up to NY. Grandson and I hang out and play Legends of Polytopia.

4680s and full castings are going into MYs from the start @ Austin. I can possibly order a second MY this fall once the line ramps up production and bugs are remediated. Being on the east coast insures a Giga Texas MYLR.

How are you fairing? I just discovered there is a "follow" feature, so I will be stalking you in the future.

I I haven't been watching this thread of late. I see we have a new crew of "waiters" 🥴 Hanging out here is a great way to pass time and find ways of spending even more money before delivery.

I was a bit dissapointed in yesterdays earnings call. They just cannot move as fast as they want in getting products to market. CT, 25k car all back burnered. The Semi appears to be the focus. All things considered, it's the right choice. All corporate customers, scant competition.

Be well.

Last edited:
Well if you feel like waiting still for the 4680 for whatever reason (the only one at the moment is the change in structural design, then yes). Other than that I don't see the need. If in need of a car, you can probably take whatever you have arriving soon and then gamble another $250 in a new order and wait to see if there are any announcements regarding increased range which is what the vast majority is hoping for....being lighter could go two ways. One you are faster (0-60 time) with same range, or two you are lighter and go further (range increase). I will be taking delivery of my Y this upcoming weekend and I'll be gambling the $250 on a new order :) and going for it if only range is increased...considerably.

My EDD updated to 2/13-2/26. I’m strongly considering actually putting it on “hold” for the first time. I would be super upset if I miss Austin by a mere few days, especially when I’m been waiting almost a year already!

(MYLR, 5seat, Blue/Black, 20s, TOW, no FSD)

Reactions: Vladimir*22
My EDD updated to 2/13-2/26. I’m strongly considering actually putting it on “hold” for the first time. I would be super upset if I miss Austin by a mere few days, especially when I’m been waiting almost a year already!

(MYLR, 5seat, Blue/Black, 20s, TOW, no FSD)
I am also thinking that. I dont think after the BBB hell Tesla went through, they are going to announce anything from Austin. Going to just have to just watch for people to say they have an Austin build.

I am also thinking that. I dont think after the BBB hell Tesla went through, they are going to announce anything from Austin. Going to just have to just watch for people to say they have an Austin build.

I suspect if you put your Oct order on hold you will get a threatening e-mail in late Feb when your "120 days after order" are up and your new EDD might be Mar12-31 anyhow.

My EDD is sitting at 03/01-03/29. Ordered a White/White MYP. Called Tesla 1-800 to schedule a test drive and they said all South Florida stores are scheduled to get their test drive vehicles within the next 1-2 weeks. Also told me by looking at their infamous internal system that I’m scheduled to get a VIN mid-February and delivery early March at the latest. Crossing my fingers for an Austin build even though it looks like they’re building LRs for now.

• Informative
Reactions: Vladimir*22