Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Florida Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you don’t mind me asking, what does your insurance looks like and how old are you? I am in Jax too, 32 years old with a very good driving history.
It's hard to gauge how much is just for the Tesla because I'm adding it to an existing policy and it's just prorating the difference -- doesn't actually show me how much for just the car. Total premium is $1291 for 6 months for it and a Hyundai Palisade through Progressive. That's for 500k/500k coverage and $100 comprehensive/$500 collision deductibles. I do have an umbrella, golf cart, and homeowners policy with them as well. I'm 36.

It's hard to gauge how much is just for the Tesla because I'm adding it to an existing policy and it's just prorating the difference -- doesn't actually show me how much for just the car. Total premium is $1291 for 6 months for it and a Hyundai Palisade through Progressive. That's for 500k/500k coverage and $100 comprehensive/$500 collision deductibles. I do have an umbrella, golf cart, and homeowners policy with them as well. I'm 36.
I understand, it’s difficult to tell how much you’re paying just for Tesla since you have other things bundled. Enjoy your new ride 😊

I've read a lot on Reddit and FB about how Eatonville is this and that but it was not bad. I would just say they have too little space.

They most definitely need tons more space. If it was just a sales center with service located elsewhere it would be just fine. Now that they have relocated the service advisors up to the front lobby, they have even less space in the building and the parking lot is still just as bad. I still say they need to relocate to the old dealership at 434 & 414 in Altamonte.

Anyone do a trade in and have issues with Tesla requiring Insurance to not expire within 60 days of delivery? My delivery is on 3/22, have progressive expiring on 5/7, and Progressive won’t send a renewal option until early April. Called progressive, they won’t renew early or provide anything showing proof beyond 5/7. Called Tesla, they say should be fine, but the app says no, as insurance expiring soon. Nothing in writing from them.

Anyone deal with this? Think of buying a new policy but it’s going to cost like $500 more per 6 months which feels pretty lame just because Tesla app/policy.

I’ve read this has to do with Tesla’s registration timing/temp plates but I am transferring plates from the trade in so shouldn’t that negate any issue?

Btw not related but;
VIN F392
Told AMD and everything else but unsure on tires
MSM MYP, Removed FSD post VIN, No Tow
OD: 12/24
EDD: Feb-Mar, 3/15-3/31, 3/18-3/22, Final Appt Hopefully 3/22

I'm picking up my Y on Monday. I have Progressive which expires 30 days later, in April, and I also got the warning on Tesla app. I was told by Ft Lauderdale Tesla that as long as my VIN is on a policy when I pick up, I'm good. I already added the car to the policy, but not in effect until Monday. I will print out the Progressive documents before I pick up.

Reactions: SunshineThree
Anyone do a trade in and have issues with Tesla requiring Insurance to not expire within 60 days of delivery? My delivery is on 3/22, have progressive expiring on 5/7, and Progressive won’t send a renewal option until early April. Called progressive, they won’t renew early or provide anything showing proof beyond 5/7. Called Tesla, they say should be fine, but the app says no, as insurance expiring soon. Nothing in writing from them.

I'm picking up my Y on Monday. I have Progressive which expires 30 days later, in April, and I also got the warning on Tesla app. I was told by Ft Lauderdale Tesla that as long as my VIN is on a policy when I pick up, I'm good. I already added the car to the policy, but not in effect until Monday. I will print out the Progressive documents before I pick up.

You'll both be fine. I had this exact issue when I picked up my M3P back in November, and the SA had to manually accept delivery for me since the app wouldn't allow it on my end. Had no issues at all, just provided proof of valid insurance and they took care of it on their end.

Reactions: SunshineThree
Well, EDD got pushed back to the original date of August 2022. While I'm not entirely surprised, I'm still a little disappointed. 😔 However, I do feel there is a bit of a silver lining, in that the possibility of getting the new 4680s, AMD Ryzen chip and 12v Li-ion battery is better with a later delivery date.

Still waiting for delivery here. Tesla can’t even say if the car ever made it to Alabama yet. Just that it’s on a train. Possibly still sitting in California. Mind you I was suppose to take delivery on 3/4 and now they claim it won’t get to FL till 3/16 and have my delivery date set for 3/20. I REALLY need this car the week of spring break as I have family coming from overseas with no way to drive them all around, but Tesla couldn’t care less. 🙄

• Disagree
Reactions: FlyerDude
Took delivery this morning at the Eatonville store. MYP F383xxx. Came with all the goodies. Car is flawless. Very happy with everything, wife loves her new ride.

Attachments

• 8CA097A4-1680-40D7-8E4B-34A81E68D751.jpeg
    8CA097A4-1680-40D7-8E4B-34A81E68D751.jpeg
    725.8 KB · Views: 73
Hello there. I just placed an order for a MYLR / Black interior / Tow Hitch. Expected delivery Aug / 2022. Let the wait begin :)
West Palm pickup center

My pick is tomorrow at noon !! I almost can't believe it is finally happening. This is the longest I've ever waited for a car.
Just have patience and don't go too crazy on here like I did. Check up only every other day instead of every other minute.

Reactions: pcmike and BnGrm
My pick is tomorrow at noon !! I almost can't believe it is finally happening. This is the longest I've ever waited for a car.
Just have patience and don't go too crazy on here like I did. Check up only every other day instead of every other minute.
Thanks so much. I am not in a huge rush. I am working from home right now for the next few months so gas prices isn't an issue. I test drove a MYLR few weeks back and I was smiling ear to ear. The power, the ride, comfort, etc. My fiancé did not like the Tesla interior at all but it'll be my car not hers so we are good. I am excited to get this car. The West Palm Tesla center was very nice and the SA there (not sure if the same one I will get) was very helpful and texted me few times after the drive to answer any questions. Very pleased so far with the experience. Now the wait game. I won't go crazy looking at the app. Only if I get a text from Tesla will I take a look to see what is needed. Enjoy :)

Reactions: SilentWarp
Thanks so much. I am not in a huge rush. I am working from home right now for the next few months so gas prices isn't an issue. I test drove a MYLR few weeks back and I was smiling ear to ear. The power, the ride, comfort, etc. My fiancé did not like the Tesla interior at all but it'll be my car not hers so we are good. I am excited to get this car. The West Palm Tesla center was very nice and the SA there (not sure if the same one I will get) was very helpful and texted me few times after the drive to answer any questions. Very pleased so far with the experience. Now the wait game. I won't go crazy looking at the app. Only if I get a text from Tesla will I take a look to see what is needed. Enjoy :)
The interior kinda grows on you. It’s not quite like a BMW, but it’s not bad. It’s functional for sure.

Just got confirmation (to the extent you can trust Tesla text responses) that my car is at Eatonville pending local inspection. Perhaps I will actually get my car on the 11th. Woohoo

Pcmike, I wonder if something else is going on with your car? Minor defect repair or something?

I’ve had to release 3 different VINs from my account over the past week and a half due to them all being Intel. My pickup is set to Fort Lauderdale as well. My configuration is MYP/MSM/Black interior/No tow/No FSD.

Could I ask you what your configuration is and whether or not the vehicle you’re picking up tomorrow has AMD or Intel? I’m trying to decide when it’s time to release my account hold and want to wait until I see someone with the same configuration receive an AMD.