Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Florida Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am sitting at 3/13-3/31 still
Wonder if they will push me as well
Did you already get a VIN and setup a delivery date though? I got a VIN last month and confirmed a delivery date of 3/4 just to now see it pushed out till the 20th. I’ve heard of them pushing the confirmed delivery date out a week and then delivering it a couple days early… but nearly 3 weeks? Never seen that.

Did you already get a VIN and setup a delivery date though? I got a VIN last month and confirmed a delivery date of 3/4 just to now see it pushed out till the 20th. I’ve heard of them pushing the confirmed delivery date out a week and then delivering it a couple days early… but nearly 3 weeks? Never seen that.
No VIN yet
I have the M3LR So I am in no rush - I wish I could keep this one, but it sits low for me. Hard to get in and out of, but I could deal with it if it had better trunk access like a hatchback.
I am absolutely in love with the M3LR. like driving a sports car. once I am in it its comfortable.
I just cant justify over $100K in cars keeping the M3 and MY. I might wait a few years to see how much the M3SR comes down
Ive read Elon wants a mid 20K model 3

Reactions: voxel
Was this with a Tesla M3/MYLR? Or a gas car?

I traded an ID.4 to Tesla and they offered $1K lower than others but as you said... tax savings. I found out a local Infiniti dealer bought it auction, listed it at $8K over but eventually sold it at $6-7K over what I traded it in for. Everybody has to make money in the process :)

However when trading in a Tesla... Tesla gives the worst offers.
Honda Pilot, so yes an ICE vehicle.

• Informative
Reactions: Vladimir*22
Took delivery while out of the State! Super easy!
Has anyone done good research on the best window film to reflect heat? That is most transparent !

Attachments

• IMG_3116.jpg
    IMG_3116.jpg
    235.9 KB · Views: 76
Took delivery while out of the State! Super easy!
Has anyone done good research on the best window film to reflect heat? That is most transparent !
3M Crystalline is what I’ve always been told is the best at rejecting heat while having the most transparency. That being said, when I was calling around months ago a shop in Boca tried to sell me on something called Spectra PhotoSync. May want to look into that, they claim it’s along the same lines, but better. 🤷🏻‍♂️

While, in light of my delivery situation I decided to at least see what it was going to be like parking both the M3 and MY in the garage. I had always assumed I’d be able to back both cars in and be able to use the same wall connector on the back wall to charge both of them. Turns out, there is no way in hell I can get both cars backed into the garage without probably taking off a mirror or scraping the bumper along the wall or similar. In order to get both cars into the garage the M3 will have to pull straight in and the MY will have to be backed in! This is a problem, because this puts the M3 charging port on the complete opposite corner of the garage in relation to the wall connector! I literally had a electrician lined up tomorrow to install a 14-50 next to the wall connector so we could use the mobile connector with 14-50 adapter to charge the M3 and not have to play musical chargers; come to find out if I had done that it would never have reached the M3 charge port after figuring out it has to be pulled straight into the garage! Anyhow, our garage has a couple post construction 1/2” conduit ran to various outlets so I was thinking of maybe using those and then I also did a little more research and found out you need a minimum of 3/4” for 6/3. I tried to explain all this through text to the electrician who was gonna come tomorrow and he finally just called and said he’s gonna come over tonight (at 8:30pm!) to see what I’m talking about so he knows what to bring tomorrow. He wanted to be 100% to code and also aesthetically pleasing and run a Smurf in the attic and new 3/4” EMT and put an outlet right next to the charge port inside a cabinet, but our back wall already has a couple flex conduit on it so I told him to just add another EMT conduit and put an outlet on the other side of the back wall and call it a day. Crisis averted.

Also, was just doing some further research and YouTubing and come to find out not all 14-50s are created equal. Apparently you want to get a Hubbell 14-50; I guess a few years back the Tesla documentation actually called out the Hubbell directly. Needless to say, I just Amazon’d one for a considerable sum of money with only minutes to spare for it to arrive tomorrow. This second charging location is getting expensive af, but may as well do it up right. 😬

Also, was just doing some further research and YouTubing and come to find out not all 14-50s are created equal. Apparently you want to get a Hubbell 14-50; I guess a few years back the Tesla documentation actually called out the Hubbell directly. Needless to say, I just Amazon’d one for a considerable sum of money with only minutes to spare for it to arrive tomorrow. This second charging location is getting expensive af, but may as well do it up right. 😬
you can write off all the installation and charger cost on taxes. With that being said maybe its worth it to install a true Tesla charger. Thats what I did and am very happy with that decision

If you know anybody in the Florida area that is looking for a M3SR+ (blue/white/19") or MYP (red/white) these are arriving soon:

That stinks. Sorry. Hope it comes in sooner than that.

Has anyone in Florida taken delivery recently? Mine is scheduled for the 11th and I’m wondering if this is a one off or a trend.

I visited Eatonville on Wednesday and it was slammed with deliveries. 27 that day. I picked up on Feb 2nd and that day had 20 deliveries. Orlando Tesla is busy busy busy.

Reactions: solodogg and BnGrm